Sign in to follow this  
Rene_Feijen

GTN 750 A2A P3D huge FPS drop? (not the GTN) (resolved)

I installed the wonderful GTN750 and 650 together today in my P3DV4 A2A Bonanza. Without them I get 28 fps at EHGG, with them i get 14 fps at EHGG.

That is disappointing, of course I tested with and without, same result a few times.

Now I read that I can adjust the Realityxp.GTN.ini file.... but there can I find it? I read this

; sets trainer process CPU: 1 to 32 (0: last core, -1: automatic).
CpuAffinity = -1

on the forum. I found two ini files with the same name, one in de documents'\realityxp folder and one in P3D addon folder, but it has lines all empty like this for example:

[SHORTCUTS]
TOGGLE_WINDOW_1 = ALT+SHIFT+1
DTO_1 =
HOME_1 =
VOL_PUSH_1 =
VOL_CCW_1 =
VOL_CW_1 =
FMS_PUSH_1

Should I put the above line under those lines? And should I set it to -1 or another value?

Whichi ini file should I modify?

EDIT: I edited the second one, there the CPUaffinity line exists, I changed to 0 but no result.

Edited by flopdoc

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I have this too, in P3D A2 Bonanza.

CHanged the cpuaffinity setting, but no luck.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

I did some testing: removed the GTN750 and test with the A2A Bonanza: use of this aircraft results in the fps drop, and I suppose not the GTN750!

Excuse me to RXP.

• Like 1

flopdoc, please check especially the mirror and lighting settings in the aircraft configurator. They can easily have a very huge impact on your fps depending on your setup.

Cheers

T.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Torsen said:

flopdoc, please check especially the mirror and lighting settings in the aircraft configurator. They can easily have a very huge impact on your fps depending on your setup.

Cheers

T.

Oh really? I will check that in a minute, hope it helps!

That is it! Framerate is now acceptable higher, thanks!!