Basic functions i.e. pitch, roll & yaw are just plug 'n play but you will need to assign (or at least check) the various buttons and rotary controls.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I've looked at this one further and some say the joystick is rather too slack and cannot be adjusted and stiffened. They say a stiffer Saitek stick is the X55 but very pricey.  Any views on the X55 ?

Ray

I have an old X52 (non-pro) and I assume the pro has similar features which include the ability to adjust the spring on the base of the joystick.

Not used a X55 so can't comment

IMHO the best Saitek HOTAS combo was the X36 (RIP) which i used for years before buying the X52. There was no adjustment to the stick but I found it just the right amount of stiffness. It also had an excellent rocker type switch on the throttle to use as a rudder axis, far better IMHO than twisting the stick, at least for civil flying.