Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

Hardware Brake Problem

Hi, 

I have P3DV4.4 and the latest 737 NGX /777 /747 PMDG Updates installed. FSUPIC is Version 5.15

I deleted all key commands in P3D and PMDG and set only a few Buttons on my joystick.

The Parking Brake is set on the Hotas Cougar Joystick Button 4.

When I pull the parking brake, it jumps back after 3 or 4 sec, even when I pull it with the mouse in the 3D Cockpit.

It happens in all these snenarios: 

GPW            on

APU             on

Elec HYD    ON

ENG            ON

In a P3DV4 airplane like Mooney Bravo the Parking brake stays ....

Any Idea what could be the reason? 

Thanks

Erik

Erik, how are you configuring that button? Via FSUIPC5? I use a switch on a GoFlight T8 module via that method and it’s fine.

What happens if you press CTRL + period?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

thanks for your reply...

I used the Options - Controls Dialog "inside P3D"  to address it to a joystick button to the parking brake ,

the other axis like Normal Brakes,

Elevator and Throttle I managed with FSUPIC.

CTRL + period is no effect, because I deleted all the shortcuts inside the Controls Dialog.

Strange is that it happens in all PMDG Aircrafts...

Erik

7 minutes ago, enrico10999 said:

Hi Ray,

thanks for your reply...

I used the Options - Controls Dialog "inside P3D"  to address it to a joystick button to the parking brake ,

the other axis like Normal Brakes,

Elevator and Throttle I managed with FSUPIC.

CTRL + period is no effect, because I deleted all the shortcuts inside the Controls Dialog.

Strange is that it happens in all PMDG Aircrafts...

Erik

Deleting all the keyboard shortcuts was not really necessary. Try reinstating that command and if that doesn't work do it via FSUIPC.

I only have the PMDG737 but the standard command works fine.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I think you mean by "jumps back" that when you apply the parking brake, it doesn't remain applied but rather it releases without any input from you?

Look for something that is applying brakes.  The slightest noise from a rudder pedal toe brake or what ever you are using will release the parking brakes.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, my mistake!

Problem solved! 

You can deleted this post...

What happened? 

I deleted yesterday my prepar3D.cfg to set it back at default, and then reloaded the saved "Control" Settings,

but unfortunately these "old" Control settings were from last year and in this "old" Control settings the Rudder Axis

were also inside P3D Controls addressed and not just in FSUPIC..

So I deleted the Axis in the Control settings and and now it works fine!

Sorry that I bothered you!

Thanks für help!

Erik