I'm starting to get into twin engines like the Baron 58 and Seminole and am noticing I can use the throttle, prop and mixture levers fine in both aircraft with my CH Yoke. I can also use the mouse to control both prop and mixture levers individually but not the throttle for some reason. I can drag one throttle lever with the mouse but it will just come right back to where it was...won't stay where I drag it...the others work fine. Any ideas?

9 hours ago, Will273 said:

I'm starting to get into twin engines like the Baron 58 and Seminole and am noticing I can use the throttle, prop and mixture levers fine in both aircraft with my CH Yoke. I can also use the mouse to control both prop and mixture levers individually but not the throttle for some reason. I can drag one throttle lever with the mouse but it will just come right back to where it was...won't stay where I drag it...the others work fine. Any ideas?

Check what your axes are mapped to. There is a 'throttle' control and individual 'throttle1', 'throttle2' (etc.) controls. Likewise for props and mixture. It may be that you have the throttles set to the former and other controls to the latter.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks Mark...I'll have another look and let you know. I checked again...no go. In X Plane I assigned all the axis...I'm not using CH Software...just X Plane calibration. I assigned the throttle, prop and mixture to throttle, prop and mixture. In the drop down box I did see the throttle 1, throttle 2, prop 1, prop 2 and mixture 1 & 2 but left those alone. Still I had to check the reverse box next to prop and mixture to get them to work correctly. That's all I know. Is there another place to look where they might be assigned differently? Actually when I go to choose the axis it already has throttle, prop and mixture highlighted and when I click the up/down arrows to see the menu to choose the axis it doesn't have throttle, prop or mixture by themselves...it has them all listed as throttle1, throttle 2, prop 1 and prop 2, prop 3 and prop 4, same with mixture...there is no throttle, prop or mixture without a number next to them...like just throttle or prop but like I said it does have them showing as set to  throttle, prop and mixture when I first go to the axis page.

Edited by Will273

3 hours ago, Will273 said:

there is no throttle, prop or mixture without a number next to them...like just throttle or prop but like I said it does have them showing as set to  throttle, prop and mixture when I first go to the axis page.

Sorry, I assumed you were using P3D or FSX 😞

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Well it should work about the same with most platforms I'd think. Thanks for trying though Mark.

Edited by Will273

Problem solved! Switched my CH Eclipse Yoke to my Logitech 3D Extreme which has a throttle lever but no prop or mixture lever and I can now use the mouse to control throttle, prop and mixture. Seems the CH Yoke was taking over so now I just need to decide which one I want to use.