Sign in to follow this  
Dane Watson

Beech Aircraft Gone?

This question or topic may have already been posted - but I am not sure.

Are Beech aircraft no longer allowed to be modeled and sold to the sim market?

I read something to that effect on the A2A forum regarding the A36, it is no longer available.

This is very sad - I was ready to purchase the Beech Baron 58, but alas, it's no longer there. Does anyone have a suggestion for an equivalent type of aircraft for my P3D v4.4 sim?

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

1 hour ago, Dane Watson said:

I read something to that effect on the A2A forum regarding the A36, it is no longer available.

?????  U=I just looked and its there available for purchase. I checked three developers and cannot find even one Beech model that is missing?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

LM probably dropped Beech products out for the same reason that they don't permit any from the manufacturer that I work for. We are a subsidiary of General Dynamics, Beech is a subsidiary of Textron, both competitive entities to LM.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

13 minutes ago, GACSavannah said:

LM probably dropped Beech products out for the same reason that they don't permit any from the manufacturer that I work for. We are a subsidiary of General Dynamics, Beech is a subsidiary of Textron, both competitive entities to LM.

Very interesting, makes sense I guess - now I know why the default LM P3D Beech aircraft are gone.

Thank you Kerry.

Regards, Dane

52 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

LM has dropped the default Beechcraft planes in V4.

Carenado and Flight1 still sell King Airs etc..

The B58 is also still for sale.. :wink:

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/b58-baron-fsx-p3d/

Thanks Bert,

I used your link and found it. Very strange - when I was looking through the Products Selection for Twins it is not there, but now I just looked through the listing for Singles and sure enough it is there - Carenado has made an input error for the category.

I just advised Carenado of their error.

Thanks again...

Edited by Dane Watson

Regards, Dane

I read somewhere here, I think, that the Beechcraft was dropped at the request of Textron and that LM are negotiating with them.

• Like 1

Rob Jones.

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

LM has dropped the default Beechcraft planes in V4.

Carenado and Flight1 still sell King Airs etc..

The B58 is also still for sale.. :wink:

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/product/b58-baron-fsx-p3d/

Bert, is that Flight1 King Air worth it, buying I mean, for P3Dv4? Not bought anything from Flight1 for ages.Was contemplating the QW787 too.

It wasn't even V4 they were dropped from, it was v4.4 where they were removed. And if you upgrade from previous versions without doing the content update, you retain the Beechcraft.

As already mentioned they were removed at the request of Beechcraft/Textron, they may yet reappear depending on what LM negotiates. Although it should be noted Cessna (another Textron company) went and never reappeared.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, vc10man said:

Bert, is that Flight1 King Air worth it, buying I mean, for P3Dv4? Not bought anything from Flight1 for ages.Was contemplating the QW787 too.

Don't know Rick... I do not own it.. :unsure:

Bert

I've got the flight1 B200 and it is pretty good and will be the top of the food chain till the MilViz B350 comes along. The F1 has a Garmin 1000 cockpit and while not perfect (no vnav) is pretty good. I've got time in the rw B200 with both the old Sperry cock[pit and Garmin 1000. I like it but as the commercial says your mileage may vary.

Dave

37 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Don't know Rick... I do not own it.

Thanks, Bert.

29 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

the MilViz B350

I think I'll wait for it then as MilViz are products I have and like.