Sign in to follow this  
Akki

Parking position problem - EKCH and ESSA

Hi,

I have installed PSXSeecon Traffic and Real Traffic with great experience, however at some Aerosoft Airports like ESSA ver. 2 the aircraft don´t park at all as expected, I have the same problem at EKCH- how do I in best way adjust this, is it a question of downloading wml-files or shall I adjust the position of the airport in some way?

Appreciate any help

Åke

21 minutes ago, Akki said:

I have installed PSXSeecon Traffic and Real Traffic with great experience, however at some Aerosoft Airports like ESSA ver. 2 the aircraft don´t park at all as expected, I have the same problem at EKCH- how do I in best way adjust this, is it a question of downloading wml-files or shall I adjust the position of the airport in some way?

You should run ParkPosGenerator for your airports so you will get ESSA.xml and EKCH.xml files that fit perfectly.

• OK, I have now installed the generator and according to manual I have created a modified ESSA.xml file in the parked folder in MSFSX main library, copied that file and placed it in PSXSeecon Trafic library in a new folder and directed the program to look there according to the PSX manual.
  • 1) the parked_default return after closing starting the PSX program, how can I save that or must I put it in every time?
  • 2) it did not help very much, aircraft positions are still a bit strange, is there more to be done, and if so, where?

Åke

Please read the Manuals carefully...

You should let PPG scan your complete FlightSimulator for airports, so the first path to a folder with airports should be a path to the root folder of your Flight Simulator

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Microsoft Flight Simulator X      ( just guessing I'm using P3D, change that to your path)

If you have installed airports outside that root folder you should add more paths, to cover those as well

Then run PPG, by default your airport.xml files (approximately 9000) appear in the parked subfolder of PPG.

Then change the Airport files folder parameter in PSXT into a path to the parked folder of PPG, such as

D:\ParkPosGenerator\parked    change that to where you have installed PPG.

That's all.

I assumed  you have PPG and PSXT running at the same PC, if not let me know, then I will give new instructions.

Nico

Edited by kiek

1) I have corrected the path according to your advise i.e. for the PPG: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

The PPG now finds 9000 airports or so and made changes to 15

The output was directed to C:\PSXseeconTraffic\Airportupdates a folder I created for the output to avoid copying all files to this folder from  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\parked (perhaps this is a wrong step?) (saving one step)

2) I changed accordingly in PSXT to the path  C:\PSXseeconTraffic\Airportupdates

3) Starting FSX, PSXT and Real Traffic  but the parking positions has not improved at EKCH (can I provide a picture?)….

Sorry, what have I misunderstood?

Yes, everything takes place on one computer

Åke

1 hour ago, Akki said:

The output was directed to C:\PSXseeconTraffic\Airportupdates a folder I created for the output to avoid copying all files to this folder from  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\parked (perhaps this is a wrong step?) (saving one step)

This is a misunderstanding, the output from PPG goes to your Output folder, in your case C:\PSXseeconTraffic\Airportupdates. What makes you think it would go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\parked?  

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X is a directory from which PPG (in your case) will search for .bgl files (including sub-directories).

What airport are you using for EKCH? Is it a stock airport in FSX or and add-on? If you are using an add-on airport, where is it installed at your PC? Is it in somewher in a subfolder of C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X or not?

Nico

Hi Nico,

sorry for my questions but not always are things so easy to interpret as it might look, however:

- OK, I determined that by default the converted airport(s) landed in that "parked" folder also created by PPG which is installed under FSX folder,  at least when I run only ESSA and made no changes to PPG the file landed there. Sorry for this.

- I am using an add-on for EKCH as well as for ESSA, well all my airports of interest are either Aerosoft add-ons or similar, all are located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

- can possibly other versions of EKCH or ESSA that are available in FSX but not active in "Scenery" settings in FSX create a conflict?

I use " EKCH Copenhagen Kastrup X" from Scansim (2012) for FSX and P3D with good experience, the AFX-EKCH.bgl  is in use and place AI aircraft in correct positions ( Stock is APX51120.bgl, not used) I am considering to install Fly Tampa version instead as it works better with your utilities I was told.

ESSA is Aerosoft Mega Airport ver. 2.0 from 2010 with update, AFX_ESSA.bgl  from Stockholm Arlanda X scenery. Similar problem as at EKCH despite of PPG generator.

I now better understand the process behind "parked" aircrafts generated from a default file and who have nothing to do (originally) with the actual time table or live situation unless arrived aircraft has removed them...correct? Remain to see if a live parked aircraft positionens better than the default, the latter are at ESSA and EKCH word not allowed, and I do not understand why??

I appreciate your help and your time

Åke

Edited by Akki

Hi Aike,

Generating airport files has nothing to to with live aircraft and/or time tables, it is about the exact parking positions for your airports, and it  adds likely airlines and types for the parking position (just a guess).

Real live data about who parks where with what aircraft at what hours is added later dynamically to the airport file by PSXT, based on live data. You can also let PPG not generate these airline options for gates (I prefer that) and just build up real live data by running PSXT. 

But the main purpose of PPG is that you get the right parking positions: latitude longitude, heading, radius.

You can check whether PPG has generated the right file or not by looking into ESSA.xml and read the supplier field (you can find that info also in Log.txt). If the supplier field is not Aerosoft there may be a conflict with another airport. You can fix that by running PPG again with just a deep-path to the Aerosoft folder below Flight Simulator X.

Hopes this makes it more clear. 

Nico

Edited by kiek

OK Nico,

slowly I start to get the picture, thanks for your clear respond.

Remaining is why they do not park correctly despite of what you say and perhaps one indication of what you mentioned at the latter is that PSXT says " Kastrup P3D stock airport" which I know have 50-75 m wrong position (stock airport) compared to the airport I have up and run. I will now test your proposal to run again and see if it improves. Also explain why FlyTampa EKCH environment is working better according to a friend of mine.

Remark: despite of what I do it wont accept my Kastrup Airport, PPG takes only the stock airport, wonder why, can it be because one subfolder is named "Addon Scenery"?

- No, it did not make any difference moving up the EKCH airport avoiding this folder name to the appearing in PSXT bottom line, still Kastrup P3D stock airport,,,,

Åke

Edited by Akki

Hi,

BTW did you study the Log.txt? In there you can see what it has done with EKCH airports..

However, there must be a way to address the right airport. A brute force approach would be:

1) copy the EKCH airport top folder with all subfolders to say D:\TEMP

2) run PPG with D:\TEMP

3) remove D:\TEMP

Now you will find out whether it generates a correct airport file...

Nico

BTW: I am running FlyTampa EKCH in P3Dv4 without any problems, perfectly aligned with runways, taxi ways and parking positions.

Edited by kiek

Hi Nico. Sorry to jump in here. Perhaps you still could look into using the scenery.cfg for PPG? You explained HERE why you choose not to, which I understand. But using the free (no I'm not related in any way) Lorby-SI AddOnOrganizer you can create a P3D v4 scenery.cfg for use in PPG that contains all sceneries, even those installed via packages, Add-on folder etc. As far as I know, FSX and older P3D versions (prior v4) only have a scenery.cfg and no Add-on construction etc. So if the AddOnOrganizer tool generates a scenery.cfg in P3D v4 for PPG use, and PPG uses the normal scenery.cfg in FSX and older P3D versions, then there is no more need for the user to define scenery paths in PPG. You have way more knowledge about this stuff than I have. So I'm sure I'm missing something. 😉 Saw no harm in asking (again). 😁

Edited by Hakkie

2 hours ago, Hakkie said:

Hi Nico. Sorry to jump in here. Perhaps you still could look into using the scenery.cfg for PPG? You explained HERE why you choose not to, which I understand. But using the free (no I'm not related in any way) Lorby-SI AddOnOrganizer you can create a P3D v4 scenery.cfg for use in PPG that contains all sceneries, even those installed via packages, Add-on folder etc. As far as I know, FSX and older P3D versions (prior v4) only have a scenery.cfg and no Add-on construction etc. So if the AddOnOrganizer tool generates a scenery.cfg in P3D v4 for PPG use, and PPG uses the normal scenery.cfg in FSX and older P3D versions, then there is no more need for the user to define scenery paths in PPG. You have way more knowledge about this stuff than I have. So I'm sure I'm missing something. 😉 Saw no harm in asking (again). 😁

No problem Hakkie, you may speak freely here 🙂 

One problem is that I don't like the idea of being dependent on other tools.

For P3Dv4 I do not see any problems with my approach. Just install all your add-ons outside P3Dv4 in the (Lockheed Martin) preferred way with add-on.xml files. Then you only (once!) need to run PPG with these two folder paths and everything works fine:

D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
   D:\AddOns

If you buy another add-on airport later, you only have to re-run PPG with one path: D:\AddOns

Nico

Well guys, my problem is related to FSX.

Anyhow I tested your suggestion Nico but the xml file looks the same - so for that reason I believe that the old stock bgl is around in that package and PPG reads that, which appears to be the case with all airports, it says in PSXT stock even in Aerosoft airfields…. so the explanation that it would read wrong bgl might no be the case? Now am I really confused.

Edited by Akki

Could you post your PPG's Log.txt please.

5 hours ago, kiek said:

No problem Hakkie, you may speak freely here 🙂 

Phew! 😀

5 hours ago, kiek said:

One problem is that I don't like the idea of being dependent on other tools.

Check, that's a legit argument for a developer.

5 hours ago, kiek said:

For P3Dv4 I do not see any problems with my approach. Just install all your add-ons outside P3Dv4 in the (Lockheed Martin) preferred way with add-on.xml files. Then you only (once!) need to run PPG with these two folder paths and everything works fine:

D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
   D:\AddOns

If you buy another add-on airport later, you only have to re-run PPG with one path: D:\AddOns

That's indeed how I am doing it. I was just returning to the topic trying to lower the chance of 'issues' caused by users entering these paths. 😉

Well, back to flying!