Sign in to follow this  
Akki

Parking position problem - EKCH and ESSA

It is quite simple actually if you have generated your own airports, parked_default does not play a role anymore, you could delete that folder. It is only there for new users to have a quick start; they will get an idea without having to install and use PPG.

In folder parked_updates you should put your manually edited airport files, so they will not be overwritten if you run PPG again. Same for airport files you pick from others, like me.

The parking information in an airport file is only meant for PSXT to "populate" the airport with aircraft. An arriving real live aircraft will park (if it reaches a gate) at the gate as in real live, it is not "guided" by the info in the airport file. On the contrary, if it parks that info will be added by PSXT to the airport file..

We are completely dependent on the real time input from the transponders. So if it is interrupted, I cannot  do anything about that. 

Edited by kiek

Thanks Nico for your clear answer, now I understand much better.

I see that a crowded airport like Copenhagen the planes start the transponder on the gate and keep them on to the gate when arriving I guess for security reasons. At small the cut them off and turn them on exit/arriving to the taxiway.

Åke