Sign in to follow this  
drumtecq

[Answered] TFS Q400 ai nav lights

Hello Simbol, I don't use your addon but I wanted to see if you could help with this. I'm using the TFS Q400 converted model for P3Dv4. At the time of departure the logo light comes on but no nav lights. The plane does not push back either. I've checked all the the lights within the cfg and also made sure the correct flightplan format. Just as a note all of my other flightplans work with my other converted P3Dv4 ai. The models upgrades where from AIG's website.

Cheers.

39 minutes ago, drumtecq said:

Hello Simbol, I don't use your addon.

Why? everyone loves it. :wink:

39 minutes ago, drumtecq said:

I'm using the TFS Q400 converted model for P3Dv4. At the time of departure the logo light comes on but no nav lights. The plane does not push back either. I've checked all the the lights within the cfg and also made sure the correct flightplan format. Just as a note all of my other flightplans work with my other converted P3Dv4 ai. The models upgrades where from AIG's website.

Just for your information Logo Lights can be implemented as "spot lights" or as "self illumination textures", if this model has self illumination textures the logo lights will come one automatically at night regardless of the Airplane being ready for departure or not.

With the current Prepard3D AI Lighting behaviour, Navigation lights and Beacon lights will only become active after the AI Model has pushed back and the engines have been started.

Since I don't have this AI model, it is difficult to troubleshoot what is happening but If the AI Model never pushes back it is very posible it is missing the required radio section as per P3D SDK requirements, so it means, it hasn't been converted to P3D properly :wink:.

If you want me to confirm the lighting configuration, please post the [LIGHT] section configured inside the aircraft.cfg file so I can inspect it.

All the best,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

Ok I just ran a quick test. The nav lights won't turn on as stated before nor push back but if I left click and select a Q400 it shows it inflight and with the nav lights on. Something is hanging it on the ground. hmmmm

Just now, drumtecq said:

Ok I just ran a quick test. The nav lights won't turn on as stated before nor push back but if I left click and select a Q400 it shows it inflight and with the nav lights on. Something is hanging it on the ground. hmmmm

Check my previous answer to you..

S.

Hey thanks for you quick relpy. Thank goodness I didn't have to wait 48hrs lol.

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, 3.55, -46.64, 0.35, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, 3.55, 46.64, 0.35, fx_navgre
light.2 = 2, 4.05, -46.65, 0.35, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, 4.05, 46.65,0.35 , fx_strobe
light.4 = 1, 9.25, 0, -9.85, fx_strobe
light.5 = 1, 18.51, 0, -1.28, fx_beacon
light.6 = 1, -48.5, 0, 13.1, fx_strobe
light.7 = 3, -56.3, 0, 12.2, fx_navwhi

should the radio section be in the cfg too. If so I don't see one. Is it something I can copy and paste from another ai cfg file?

Just now, drumtecq said:

should the radio section be in the cfg too. If so I don't see one. Is it something I can copy and paste from another ai cfg file?

Yes it should be there, this is the source of your problems.

Open an AI Model that is working correctly and copy and paste the radio section, this is the problem with things not following the LM SDK instructions..

2 minutes ago, drumtecq said:

Hey thanks for you quick relpy. Thank goodness I didn't have to wait 48hrs lol.

Hehe, I am proud of my level of support, now as a payment download AI Lights Reborn freeware edition, it is "FREE" and trust me, you will love it..

Regards,
Simbol

YOU 

ARE 

GREAT

It was the the radio section missing from the cfg so I copied and pasted from another ai cfg and it's working and pushing back from the ground and nav light on. Thank you so much for your help and I promise to support you freeware and even with future payware. Have a wonderful day Simbol.

• Like 1

Hello Simbol, it's me again. I have been trying to get my flightplans and repaints up to date. I am trying to install fspxai a350 and it's just not showing. I have triple checked to make sure the model matches etc. I use AIFP as well. I'm sure it's my fault and something so small I am overlooking. May you please help me again?

57 minutes ago, drumtecq said:

Hello Simbol, it's me again. I have been trying to get my flightplans and repaints up to date. I am trying to install fspxai a350 and it's just not showing. I have triple checked to make sure the model matches etc. I use AIFP as well. I'm sure it's my fault and something so small I am overlooking. May you please help me again?

Hi there,

Maybe you are unaware but FSPAIX models are not Lockheed Martin SDK compliant, I know people make them work eventually under P3D, but I personally stay away from these models as their AI lighting is not following the LM required guidelines.

In any case it is very difficult to know what you have done wrong or right, I don't use AIFP as I prefer either compiling my own bgl files with my own tools or using AI traffic injected via SimConnet.

I think you will find better guidance on this subject directly from AIFP developers or the FSPAIX developer itself.

However if you require any assistance in regards of AI lighting or any of my products please feel free to stop by again on my forums.

Best Regards,

Simbol 

Simbol thank you and I'll keep troubleshooting. I know my questions were not related to ai lighting. Excited for your professional lights release.