Sign in to follow this  
tomcatman24

Flai+AIG Airline Density

A while back I heard about and started using Flai models for AI traffic coupled with AIG flightplans. After watching a youtube video on how to install the flightplans, I spent a few hours doing so and they work great! 

However, the airline density slider in P3dv4 doesn't seem to affect the number of ai aircraft at all. Anything between 1-100 gives the same number of commercial airplanes. I have checked this at several airports including KSFO, KORD, KSEA, OMDB, EDDM, EGLL, etc. If I set the slider to 0, then it turns the traffic off. 

I don't mind the visuals because it's great to see the extensive amount of aircraft at gates, taxiing, taking off, landing, etc but it really hits the performance hard so I want to limit the aircraft at busier airports.

Any thoughts on why the slider only turns traffic on (setting 1-100) or off (setting 0) instead of also setting the amount of aircraft? Is there a way to fix that or is it the nature of using Flai with AIG flightplans?

Thanks!

i5 12600K, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, MSI Z690 Pro-A WIFI Motherboard

Perhaps with AI traffic limiter using FSUIPC. I set to between 70-80 and get somewhat decent amount of traffic on the airport. However it is only working with paid FSUIPC. 

More info 

• Like 1

When you are using AIFP to install your traffic, notice that the AIG plans are defaulted to 1%. You want to randomize them using the flight plans, adjust activity level.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I would never dream of using a setting of less than 100% for my AI planes. Anything less is not "as real as it gets" :wink:

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

i set traffic to 1% with aig and got so much traffic i had to limit to 150 with fsuipc. and still everywhere traffic.  it's fantastic cant wait to see the full version.

• Like 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

When you are using AIFP to install your traffic, notice that the AIG plans are defaulted to 1%. You want to randomize them using the flight plans, adjust activity level.

Thanks! Forgive me but I am no expert at this... how do I do that? 

I see under the "Flight Plan List" in AIFP it gives some numbers, for example "AC#10, SX-DGA, 1%." Is that the 1% you are talking about? How do I randomize those and adjust the activity level?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, casv said:

Perhaps with AI traffic limiter using FSUIPC. I set to between 70-80 and get somewhat decent amount of traffic on the airport. However it is only working with paid FSUIPC. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I do not use FSUIPC so that is a "no go" for me.

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I would never dream of using a setting of less than 100% for my AI planes. Anything less is not "as real as it gets" :wink:

😂😂 Haha I hear ya! But flying into KSFO or KSEA with 15 fps isn't exactly "as real as it gets" either... :S 

Can we still use the phrase "As real as it gets" with P3d??? 😀

10 minutes ago, tomcatman24 said:

Thanks! Forgive me but I am no expert at this... how do I do that? 

I see under the "Flight Plan List" in AIFP it gives some numbers, for example "AC#10, SX-DGA, 1%." Is that the 1% you are talking about? How do I randomize those and adjust the activity level?

Thanks!

I think I may have figured it out. 

Once in AIFP, do you click, "Flightplans", select "Adjust Activity Levels", select "Random", then click "%Adjust"?

2 hours ago, tomcatman24 said:

I think I may have figured it out. 

Once in AIFP, do you click, "Flightplans", select "Adjust Activity Levels", select "Random", then click "%Adjust"?

Exactly, set the % to what you want and then just recompile.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Great! Thanks!

Can we still use the phrase "As real as it gets" with P3d??? 😀

Maybe we should just annoy the PC brigade with "as entertaining as it gets" :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

What do the % numbers in AIFP indicate? Do those numbers correlate with the slider in P3d? Meaning, if a flightplan in AIFP is set to 21%, does that mean that flightplan becomes active when the slider in P3d is over 21? Or doesn't it work that way?

Yes, the traffic percentage in aifp is referring to the traffic percentage in the sim.

• Like 1

Yes, the traffic percentage in aifp is referring to the traffic percentage in the sim.

Ok, thank you for all your help!