Sign in to follow this  
SP2472

Spirit, A Flight from OAK to DFW

Spirit, A Flight from OAK to DFW...this Flying Banana resembles Hughes Air West DC-9's.
O2BmInh.jpg

gR1BOE9.jpg

WdjxMXO.jpg

cIvlYc5.jpg

J7gZ1wM.jpg

IoBd0m8.jpg

Gggpzgu.jpg

x8EHvnV.jpg

jdzIqIG.jpg

MDHs58H.jpg

Jeg1NDe.jpg

bRTZsFA.jpg

z38a8My.jpg

bBHGpAt.jpg

i4G4zdx.jpg

Ai5tTj4.jpg
Thanks for viewing, Darryl

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hmm...Not a big fan of Spirit, but, have to admit, your shots here of this bright-yellow livery are rather striking! And, agree, Hughes Airwest (DC9) is a good predecessor example of this (banana) yellow, and in older times the Braniff Jelly Bean yellow B727....

Excellent  shots.

2 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Hmm...Not a big fan of Spirit, but, have to admit, your shots here of this bright-yellow livery are rather striking! 

Have to agree, shots are nice but hate Spirit. Out of all the airlines I’ve flown on in real life in the US, South America and Europe, Spirit is the worst possible option. Sometimes however, when I fly from DFW to FLL, I’ll buy a ticket since it’s $150 cheaper than others and just try to close my eyes and hold my breath until I arrive.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, cmpbellsjc said:

......just try to close my eyes and hold my breath until I arrive.

...LOL...I have never flown on Spirit, but this made me explore a bit.

They surely have defined "ultra-low-cost" carrier e.g. first U.S. airline to charge for carry-on bags...and, of course, target of several lawsuits and fines...

But, I also read that:

As of November 2017, Spirit's on-time performance is second in the country, behind only Delta Air Lines. In February 2018, Spirit was the only airline in North America to make the list of the top 10 safest in the world.

So they must be doing something right to stay alive in this tough business...

Edited by P_7878

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

As of November 2017, Spirit's on-time performance is second in the country, behind only Delta Air Lines. In February 2018, Spirit was the only airline in North America to make the list of the top 10 safest in the world.

So they must be doing something right to stay alive in this tough business...

They may have a good on time record, but everything else is less than desirable. Of course they don’t call it budget without a reason. Seats are uncomfortable, no free snack or beverages, and the majority of the staff seem like they would rather be doing something other than working, if you know what I mean.

Like I said prior, if it’s only a two hour flight and I can save $150, I’ll take the beating and do it, bring my own beverage and/or snack and read something to pass the time. Any longer than two hours and I’ll opt to pay more for a better experience. 

Funny enough, even though it’s a budget airline, it doesn’t cost anymore for the employees to give first class attitude. The only reason they probably don’t is because they are getting a budget pay check, lol.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

***Stunning***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick