Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Excellent Support - PC Aviator

I recently had a problem I could not solve. PC Aviator went above and beyond, spent a considerable amount of time and eventually something I would not have resolved myself was fixed.

Many thanks guys. 

How on earth did you managed to get support from them? I tried countless times and never heard from them about an Aerosoft software I bought from them. I asked Aerosoft to contact them on my behalf, which they did, but they never heard from PC aviator either. Aerosoft went out of its way to provide me a new key and software version for their product simply because PC aviator wasn't responding. So I'm just curious, how did you do it?

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I recently had a problem I could not solve. PC Aviator went above and beyond, spent a considerable amount of time and eventually something I would not have resolved myself was fixed.

Many thanks guys. 

Lucky you.

I'm a long term customer, bought lots there over the years. Always been satisfied in my dealings.

Lucky you

In the past I have purchased several MSE packages for Europe from them where a few had issues.

Wheh contacting them either no response or they promised to pick it up and then came back with the answer that they had no new info and where waiting for it. Which never came...

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Many thanks guys. 

Thanks for reporting that because compared to simMarket whose support has stopped me buying from them , that's where I'll head to in the future.

10 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Many thanks guys. 

Lucky, lucky you.

I've always found their 'customer support' non-existent. Perhaps they've now started reading their emails... 

• Upvote 1

I have had atrocious (read: non-existent) tech support from PC Aviator in the past as well. They never responded to emails. So....just for the heck of it, one time when I needed a new license key or something (can't remember exactly), I called them. I was connected to a tech within a couple of minutes and the problem was solved. I've used that method a few more times and the person(s) who have helped me have always been able to solve the problem and were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Recently I did email them asking when the updated version of the FlySimWare Lear 35A would be available on there site for download. They replied via email about 4 or 5 days later and also apologized for the delay in response.

It would appear they are making an effort to get their tech support back on track.

Cheers,

Scott

• Upvote 1

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

33 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

Recently I did email them asking when the updated version of the FlySimWare Lear 35A would be available on there site for download. They replied via email about 4 or 5 days later and also apologized for the delay in response.

Thank you for that.  Your request must have been the catalyst for having the file updated on their site.  I recently received an e-mail from them indicating the Lear file was finally updated to v4.1a.

I recently had a problem, and all the standard emails didn’t work (i.e. no response).  Then I received one of their marketing emails with the email of an actual person:

robert.ferraro@pcaviator.com

He responded the same day, and fixed the issue.

The US PC Aviator is bloody awful with support. Perhaps this is the Australia version which I have heard is much better?

I have completely abandoned the use of photoscenery from these two major suppliers for all the reasons above. I've gone with ORBX' rendition of the world for all the reasons above and night lighting which I'm really starting to like. Oh yeah, they have a support forum too 😁

Mark

23 minutes ago, newtie said:

I have completely abandoned the use of photoscenery from these two major suppliers for all the reasons above. I've gone with ORBX' rendition of the world for all the reasons above and night lighting which I'm really starting to like. Oh yeah, they have a support forum too 😁

Mark

You should take a moment and check out PC Aviator's latest method of downloading megascenery. It is a one click installer for the whole scenery area. Simple and much nicer than downloading each file. 

Dave

Edited by dbw1