Sign in to follow this  
snapshot21

Falcon 50 Autopilot panel not lighting up

Hi,

Im having an intermittent problem wherein the autopilot modes do not light up. Because of this, I don't know if a mode is engaged or not.

The autopilot itself is working because it moves the flight director. Its just that I have no indication if it is light up. I did not have this problem with prior earlier versions and it only happens at some flights.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

Hi,

Im having an intermittent problem wherein the autopilot modes do not light up. Because of this, I don't know if a mode is engaged or not.

The autopilot itself is working because it moves the flight director. Its just that I have no indication if it is light up. I did not have this problem with prior earlier versions and it only happens at some flights.

Hi Keem,

Which sim?

When the AP mode lights don't seem to be working, do you still get the green AP light above the pilot's attitude indicator?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Falcon 50?

Al

I have the same thing happens. Sometimes everything works without problems, but in some flights the backlight of autopilot modes does not work (if i call the 2D autopilot panel - all modes work in it). In addition, when this happens, the seat belts and no smoke lamps on the overhead and the lamps for monitoring the voltage of the generators also do not work. Most often this happens if before start the engines i made a call to any of the options through the menu of P3D.

Green AP light above the pilot's attitude indicator - light up.

Falcon 1.6.  Prepar3D 4.4.  Windows 10 (1706).

I have not tried to uninstalling and reinstalling. I'll check tomorrow.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

One thing you might try in P3Dv4 before going to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling the Falcon 50 is to change your default flight so your first loaded aircraft is the F-35 ( the F-22 may also work). A couple of us have found that doing so has solved some strange problems we were having both with the Lear35 and the Falcon 50. Worth trying since it is easy to do.

Al

55 minutes ago, ark said:

One thing you might try in P3Dv4 before going to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling the Falcon 50 is to change your default flight so your first loaded aircraft is the F-35 ( the F-22 may also work). A couple of us have found that doing so has solved some strange problems we were having both with the Lear35 and the Falcon 50. Worth trying since it is easy to do. 

Al

I did not change the default flight and I have F22 as default. But I load from the menu immediately Falcon50.

11 hours ago, ark said:

Hi Keem,

Which sim?

When the AP mode lights don't seem to be working, do you still get the green AP light above the pilot's attitude indicator?

Al

Im also on P3Dv4.4. Have had this problem since the current version and 2 versions back.

Full uninstall and Reinstall still same issue. I also have reformatted my PC between the versions and as a result, reinstalled P3D and i still have the same problem..

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

4 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Have had this problem since the current version and 2 versions back.

I also noticed this problem a couple of versions ago. Then I still had problems with TCAS. In the latest version 1.6 I have TCAS working well.

Tomorrow I will try to load the default F22 first and after that Falcon.

A couple of other ideas in addition to loading the F-35 as a default flight in P3Dv4 before loading the Falcon50:

1. Delete all saved and default flights. In P3Dv4:

Saved flights are at typically stored at   C:\Users\YOUR_ID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

The default flights are typically stored at  C:\Users\YOUR_ID\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files

2. Always uninstall a previous version of the plane before reinstalling or installing an update.  And after uninstalling go to the location where the Falcon50 was installed in ...\SimObjects\Airplanes and check if any folders or files remain. If so, delete them before reinstalling or updating the aircraft.

3. Finally, you could try re-downloading the Falcon 50 installer from where you purchased the plane in case the download was corrupted somehow.

I don't know what else to suggest right now. Maybe someone else has an idea that might help.

Al

Edited by ark

On 2/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, ark said:

One thing you might try in P3Dv4 before going to the trouble of uninstalling and reinstalling the Falcon 50 is to change your default flight so your first loaded aircraft is the F-35

I can confirm that everything works without problems if I preload the F-35 flight and from this state load the Falcon50. Thanks for the tip.