Sign in to follow this  
Sean Kivler

Repetitive Acceleration 'Activation' Screen

Rhumbaflappy;  I enjoy your sense of humor...LoL! Many many moons ago, I chose to join the Civil Air Patrol in my local 'wing' in Lebanon, NH.  I though anybody could be a 'boyscout'..Well... I'm the only male in my family that didn't acquire a PPL or better... The Darmstadt Army Flying Club in Germany offered flying lessons leading to a PPL for $700... you might guess that was also many, many moons ago.. 😉

Yes, if one truly has their FAR/AIM beside them and actually undertands and simulates flight thru the SIDS and STARS; and actually plots the VFR Flight paths with coordinates from SkyVector into an outdated FSX data base, yes.. then I've been a student of 'flight'.. 😉

21 minutes ago, Sean Kivler said:

I was made to understand that having so much 'listed' or 'checked' as you do, that it would slow down the FSX boot time...not so?.

The checks in the images are for example only! ALL of the base default FSX scenery should be allowed to load every time. It is pitifully low on system requirements. The only addons that are checked for each flight are those I am actually going to visit or fly over. I wont load an addon airport if I'm not going to land there as a fly by is too costly with VAS. My current PC is a hand built studio (music/video) workstation with multiple cores and SSDs. I can actually select the whole OrbX world and still load in less than 5 mins but a usual flight entails a load of less than 1 minute. I use 1024 for my textures and enjoy a LOD between 5.5 and 8.5 for most flights. Flying through mountains with a high LOD is glorious! OrbX interaction can be a little 'testy' but the products are consistent and easy to use these days with FTX Central controlling the installs and removals. Although SCE is a must to undo their unwanted scenery order changes every time you simply run FTX Central!

The current state of affairs is pretty exciting for simmers. If you haven't already then you MUST download and install the freeware LittleNavMap. Jaws have dropped belonging to many of us who use it!

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Interesting comments on FTX...  Yes, although I was very disappointed and aggravated, I remember and am constantly reminded with YT videos, the quality of 'Orbx'... I do from time to time vist their site and have constantly wondered... Did they ever come up with an 'Uninstall.exe' for the FTX Pacific NW?  Had I a better understanding of what was then the not so 'intuitive' instructions on that web site of then (April 2012) I might've gotten some satisfaction...  So.. until I understand that I can control from MY PC what goes where, then I'll have to 'forego' ORBX.

On another issue, as my initial post regarding the 'repetitive' Acceleration Activation, where no message of error code is experienced, what would you suggest I do at this juncture?  Am I correct in my gut feeling, to:
1. 'Uninstall Acceleration'

2. Reboot PC

3. Conduct a 'FSX' flight and see if the 'activation' issue is now resolved

4. If the 'activation' issue was in fact an Acceleration issue, and not an FSX issue, then REinstall the Acceleration and on line 'register it' with the 'Key Code' from the box set (FSX Gold Edition)

5. Conduct flight

Is this the 'reccommended sequence/procecdure?

Thank you for any insight or advice!

To the generous parties who responded to my 'Reptitive Activation' issue.  I want to say 'THANK YOU!' for your time and for your 'EXCELLENT' information.  I have to say, that although I was really impressed with all the good information, no one, really addressed the issue I had written about.  I eventually did what my gut told me, and this, was to ensure that all my 'services' were 'on', then, to 'Uninstall' my 'Acceleration'; Reboot my PC, do a flight with out it; Again Reboot my PC, Install Acceleration, and 'fly with it... This 'sequence' of action, did in fact resolve the 'initial issue'.. I believe a lot of this was due to your knowledge, wisdom, experience, and generosity to 'share'.. Thank YOU ALL!