Sign in to follow this  
clocki

Everything very dark and no lights

Hey mates,

is it normal that when all lights are off (cold&dark) nearly nothing is visible in the cockpit and outside? The first 2 photos show the plane after cold and dark state insert. The third one is with external lights on and dome light on.

The first ones are so dark that you not able to find any knob. Also it seems that landing/taxi lights do not illuminate the ground. I also checked that on a PMDG 777 and its the same there. Strange thing for me as I never had that before in my mind.

System:
P3D v4.4
Windows 7 x64
GTX 980 TI (one of the latest drivers installed)

dark.jpg.fd3d82c5fee8fad3cc4a71c47250c0a

dark2.jpg.afadfbec45b3677bec332174353fa9

dark.jpg.4be5239801ec535e3a1731afb75c84d

Greetings Eddi :smile:

Hi Eddi,

With airports that don't have Dynamic Lighting this can happen, also P3D has moon phases were some nights will be darker than others.

@Lorby_SI created a freeware tool that simulates a flash light inside the cabin, it is a very cool.. I suggest you to install it and give it a go :).

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1

This worked for me;

In your Prepar3D.cfg:

MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=True

to
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=False

========================

HAPPY FLYING

Raymond

Must check this out, because ever since shifting over to V4.4, i have not seen the moon once.

33 minutes ago, 7neophyte7 said:

This worked for me;

In your Prepar3D.cfg:

MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=True

to
MOON_PHASE_LIGHTING=False

This helped me a little bit.

As Simbol mentioned, DL is a bigger influence.

Cheers,

Mark

For the interior this topic has helped me: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127710-two-clicks-from-making-your-sim-look-a-lot-better/

But now I'm still having the problem that the landing lights not illuminate the ground. Only when I turn on Dynamic lightning within P3D then it worked. But before v4.4 it also worked without DL. I'm afraid that DL will kill my flights due VAS or graphic problems 😕

Greetings Eddi :smile: