Sign in to follow this  
Matteo Cordaro

Autogen long in-sim loading time

Hi guys,

aafter changing my GPU i expierience some problem with the outogen. After desending while landing, it is blurry with no autogen objects (houses, trees). In order to solve it i have to point the view down and wait. I have ORBX GLOBAL, VECTOR, OPEN LC and some regions. It happens during day or night. Mu sistem specs are i7 6700K OC 4.5, EVGA RTX 2070 and 16GB of RAM. I've already tried deleting my P3d.cfg

Any solution? Thanks in advance

Did you delete the Shaders folder when you changed the GPU? Located at ...

C:\Users\****\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4      ****= username

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Did you update the GPU drivers ?      I didn't see it mentioned.

JimE

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Put a frame limit to what your system is capable of and good you are. Blurries and missing autogen simply tell you that your system can not keep up with the settings you use. Either reduce them or help the system to catch up by using the internal frame limiter...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

This has been discussed exhaustively on Avsim and I would respectfully suggest you do some further research 😊

Primarily there are three things which can affect this scenario:-

1) Too high autogen settings

2) Running Hyperthreading on or off (test to find the best for your setup) as this in itself affects scenery loading

3) Running unlimited frames. (Instead, lock frames at 30 and if possible, match this by setting the refresh rate of your monitor to 30Hz. Setting the monitor to 30Hz won't of course help with autogen loading but it will help with smoothness.)

FYI, I no longer have this problem and I have undertaken the three suggestions I have posted above. I run with HT off, locked frames at 30 and run all settings at medium. This is flying the NGX with airports such as Flytampa and FSDT. Having said all this, it does seem to be a specific issue with P3d. 

Cheers, Howard.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, Matteo Cordaro said:

Thx for your replies guys. I have all driver updated. I will reduce my settings and see if it world.

Do you run "unlimited" frame rate setting?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

51 minutes ago, Matteo Cordaro said:

Yes i do run with unlimited frame

I'd suggest you run a locked framerate -- see Howard's post, above.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Here are my settings allowing me to see the autogen even at FL330 with the FSLabs A3XX:

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0

[MAIN]
Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.1

[DISPLAY]
Texture_bandwith_Mult=180
Upper_FrameRate_Limit=61
TextureMaxLoad=18

[Scenery]
AUTOGEN_DRAW_DISTANCE=24000.000000
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=16

[TERRAIN]
LOD_RADIUS=6.500000
AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_DENSITY=4
AUTOGEN_BUILDING_DENSITY=3

Edited by ng0057a5

On 2/7/2019 at 1:39 PM, BlueSky31 said:

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=0

I thought these tweaks were obsolete now.  Bufferpools was an FSX tweak.

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

That's what I often read but believe me, it works. I get up to 20% of FPS and no stutters.

You just have to compare the FPS at startup with and whitout the tweak.

Hi everyone. I still have the problem after following your suggestion. I've locked the FPS at 30 and dimmed the settings. Recently i've chacged my monitor to a Samsung C32HG70 (2K, 144Hz, 1ms). The problem is that after crusing during desent Autogen doesn't show up. Every time i have to relod the scenery and poin my viw down for minutes in order to make autogen loaded. I get quite decent FPS (20 to 30 in FSLabs) My settings are not maxed out and are quite normal (High). 

36 minutes ago, Matteo Cordaro said:

The problem is that after crusing during desent Autogen doesn't show up.

Had the same problem. There is a thread somewhere in the Lockheed forum. I had to set the autogen draw distance to medium to see autogen at the destination.  I hope they'll fix that,

Daniel