Sign in to follow this  
shantm11

Ryzen 7 2700x tips for better performance

Anytips for ryzen 2700x on p3d v4.4 for better performance because i struggle with performance on low settings please help

43 minutes ago, shantm11 said:

Anytips for ryzen 2700x on p3d v4.4 for better performance because i struggle with performance on low settings please help

gpu and what res 4K or lower?

17 hours ago, shantm11 said:

You haven't given us a lot of information to work with.

I'm running a 1700x overclocked to 3.8GHz, which is the same as your the base clock of your 2700x and I'm also using a GTX 1070 on 3 monitors. Using medium to high settings, I don't have any significant problems on my setup.

Some quick checks:

• Have you altered the Prepar3D.cfg file? Added or removed any tweaks? Added an affinity mask?
  • Is the 'Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation' checkbox in settings empty?
  • Do you have shadows enabled? Road traffic?
  • Do you have a weather program and are the settings set to an appropriate level?
  • Have you deleted the Prepar3D.cfg file and Shaders folder (NOT the folder called 'ShadersHLSL') and allowed P3D to rebuild these from scratch?
  • Is FXAA off and have you tried Anti Aliasing using MSAA instead of SSAA?
  • Are either of your CPU or GPU reaching their thermal limits and therefore throttling performance?
  • Does your monitor's or TV's framerate match your P3D framerate?
  • Is your GPU set to 'prefer maximum performance' in nVidia Control Panel?

These should give you a starting point to hopefully eliminate any of the more obvious problems.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Yeah, something is wrong.  I have a 2600x with a 1080Ti and can run sliders to the right without any issues at 1440p.

No cfg tweaks

I have cockpit shadows enabled and set to lowest 

No traffic besides utl 

Rex sky force set to performance mode

No fxaa only 4xmsaa

I have deleted p3d.cfg but not shaders file

gpu is set to maximum performance

30hz monitor with vsync 

no throttling performance 

Hello. Regarding REX Sky force, I set the resolution's to 2048 HD. Pretty smooth!

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Had the same problem, Switch off SMT (Simultaneous Hyper Threading) in your BIOS. It basically means you will be running 8 threads 8 cores instead of the default 16 Threads 8 cores. 

You will lose about 10 percent performance in synthetic benchmarks, most games you will see performance gaines as well.  

Unfortunately this is a matter of raw clock speed, to sustain a acceptable (what you would consider) FPS, you need to be looking a 4.4GHZ + (all core). Ryzen is still lacking in IPC compared to Intel, this gap needs to be made up in raw speed. Try moving the associated AG sliders to medium - low. Your GPU is great! Your CPU however is lacking in the grunt department. (This is more pronounced at 1080p). 

For context, i run 5.1GHZ OC on a 9900k with HT (SMT) off, and can still get wrecked by P3D. 

Please, any questions lm here to help.

Best

James

Edited by jay281
Typo

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

7 hours ago, jay281 said:

Unfortunately this is a matter of raw clock speed, to sustain a acceptable (what you would consider) FPS, you need to be looking a 4.4GHZ + (all core).

I respectfully disagree. I have the same chip as OP and I'm pretty impressively smooth almost everywhere. I get very mild stuttering (nothing that effects controllability at all) in very dense areas like LAX, the DC area with Flightbeam's KIAD installed, etc, but for the most part it's buttery smooth, and that's running most of Orbx, Active Sky, and most of the graphics sliders all the way to the right. I think I killed minor things like bathymetry.

OP, did you by chance upgrade to this chip from a previous Intel-based system? If so, try reinstalling everything, including Windows. If you've already done that, tell us what motherboard you're running.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, jay281 said:

Unfortunately this is a matter of raw clock speed, to sustain a acceptable (what you would consider) FPS, you need to be looking a 4.4GHZ + (all core). Ryzen is still lacking in IPC compared to Intel, this gap needs to be made up in raw speed. Try moving the associated AG sliders to medium - low. Your GPU is great! Your CPU however is lacking in the grunt department. (This is more pronounced at 1080p). 

For context, i run 5.1GHZ OC on a 9900k with HT (SMT) off, and can still get wrecked by P3D. 

Please, any questions lm here to help.

Best

James

There is nothing lacking about his 2700x infact the single threaded performance is comparable if not on par with 7th gen i7s. And overclocked with SMT off even better performance can be attained.

The Ryzen 3000s middle high tier line will equal the 9900k in IPC. They showed off at CES a mid tier model that equaled the 9900k in single threaded benchmarking. The 16 core version will be even faster.

OP, I use Threadripper (2990WX) but same tweaks for both platforms work nearly the same. Ryzen likes fast and tight ram. Make sure your ram is running at the fastest possible and tighest possible timings.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS as well so you have the latest AGESA updates. I highly recommend trying to run the XMP profile for your ram. If it doesn't post you can almost always get it manually. Also set your Windows power settings to high performance.

Edited by American 833 Heavy
  • Upvote 2

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

On 2/9/2019 at 2:58 AM, American 833 Heavy said:

There is nothing lacking about his 2700x infact the single threaded performance is comparable if not on par with 7th gen i7s. And overclocked with SMT off even better performance can be attained.

The Ryzen 3000s middle high tier line will equal the 9900k in IPC. They showed off at CES a mid tier model that equaled the 9900k in single threaded benchmarking. The 16 core version will be even faster.

As you so correctly pointed out, we're on 9th Gen now, 7th Gen is old tech imho. IPC is still lacking behind on current Gen Ryzen. 

Great! Ryzen 3000s, they're not even out yet, so your argument is void in that respect. 

The OPs post was in reference to his current system, - 2000s Ryzen. 

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

59 minutes ago, jay281 said:

As you so correctly pointed out, we're on 9th Gen now, 7th Gen is old tech imho. IPC is still lacking behind on current Gen Ryzen. 

Who cares about Intel in this thread.  It is about his 2700x, which does not "lack" in any regard towards P3D.  This isn't Intel vs AMD.  Plenty of people run Ryzen just fine in P3D.  There is something wrong with OPs system and/or install of P3D.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1