Sign in to follow this  
shantm11

Ryzen 7 2700x tips for better performance

Sliders to the right? @Greggy_D. Please put your sliders to the right in a high AG demand area. Would like to see how silky smooth the slide show is at 4.2GHZ. 

I didn't bring Intel into this- It was for context only. 

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:16 PM, Greggy_D said:

Who cares about Intel in this thread.  It is about his 2700x, which does not "lack" in any regard towards P3D.  This isn't Intel vs AMD.  Plenty of people run Ryzen just fine in P3D.  There is something wrong with OPs system and/or install of P3D.

yes a agree its something wrong with the setup, i run a 1800x  4.1ghz with single 1080ti 4K its runs nice even better loadtimes then my old 7700k ht off system, 

Edited by westman

Just chiming in... I have a 1600x with an Acer Predator 1440p monitor, GeForce 1080 and MOST of the time I can get between 30 - 40 fps. Running ORBX products, TopoSim, Active Sky with mostly MilViz aircraft. Here are my graphics settings:

30b3hb6.jpg

10zu1q8.jpg

2wfu5o2.jpg

97iiaa.jpg

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

The same arguments again over and over and people still throw the bad IPC around without even understanding what it means. 

Ryzen 2xxx and Coffee Lake IPC is almost identical (the AMD is around -10% behind in gaming). 

What kills most AMDs in games is frequency. Remind the PC in IPC. Per Cycle.

Edited by swiesma

Delete your shader cache as outlined earlier in this thread.

That is one thing you said you did not do, and it often helps tremendously.

There are AMD users in this thread with less cpu power than you, getting better performance (read their posts and look at their settings).  If you enjoy it, I can't imagine quitting flight sim when clearly there is a config issue on your machine...but, if you feel like it to each his own.  The idea is to have fun.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I will note that I did delete my shader cache, and was still getting fairly disappointing performance on my 2700x, both in p3d and in Windows generally. Then Windows borked itself and I had to reinstall fresh. It was like night and day. I tried to do it the lazy way when I upgraded to the AMD, but suffered reduced performance as a result. It's definitely not a bad idea to refresh the OS when you refresh the hardware.