Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Out of Salt Lake bound for Phoenix

My new Ortho Scenery addition, so I can fly from Salt Lake, over the Grand Canyon for Phoenix.  I have flown this route many times and I would argue it is one of the most beautiful routes in the world to enjoy either in the flight levels or in a turboprop or prop, like the Cardinal.

John

3QsgltF.png
gltGXnQ.png
yCRJlzV.png
2E494v6.png
qIvLKIS.png
Du9xe3k.png
dmNLsAZ.png
E63vHC5.png
NokTFlp.png
Jkz5JhE.png
Q1lcuE0.png
di4HiHv.png
u9Nl7hc.png
VzW5j6w.png
QylsuXh.png
mEuVUqO.png
KcwrPor.png
P3NPwK6.png
iWBc0ng.png
vxf3BbQ.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

very nice, someone on twitch was upto 11TB of scenery go figure.

u9Nl7hc.png

I thought for the longest time that those circles were just scenery fillers but when you look on sat maps they're the real thing.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Great looking wing shots!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

4 hours ago, FPStewy said:

very nice, someone on twitch was upto 11TB of scenery go figure.

u9Nl7hc.png

I thought for the longest time that those circles were just scenery fillers but when you look on sat maps they're the real thing.

My Ortho coverage for Xplane11 is shown in my Grand Canyon post I also just made, my last screenshot forum post.  I just measured the coverage and it is 200GB, and it is a considerable swath of the southwestern US, so if one extrapolates the entire US can be done in two Terrabytes at this resolution.  Ortho scenery for P3D at a lower resolution takes up even more spave due to the way scenery is stored in BGLs   But my Colorado scenery for FSX and P3D here in the forums does not take up that much space.  Sadly there is no way I can upload 200GB of Xplane11 scenery to the forums as I would have to live to about 110 years of age, about 53 more years, in order to upload it all LOL.  By that time I estimate Jim Young will be about 200 years old (just seeing if Jim is reading....)

Yea I know what you mean, I just did one tile in P3D and it was something like 30+Gb with P3d you can't get overlays so I'm better off waiting for TrueEarth stuff.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Yea I know what you mean, I just did one tile in P3D and it was something like 30+Gb with P3d you can't get overlays so I'm better off waiting for TrueEarth stuff.

I have my overlays for Xplane11 and my photoscenery disabled, although I do enable them sometimes for flights in the country.  I do not like them over the city photoscenery as they block the very scenery I want to see at altitude.  But for country flights, I love them....

John