Sign in to follow this  
Rene_Feijen

How to panning the map?

Hi,

No I am only running the RXP gauges, but per instructions somewhere else on a forum I first pretended to install the F1 gauges (which I do not own)  via A2A config and then automatically detect and replace with RXP gauges via Rxp in addon menu within P3D. And I found that installation config panel somewhat confusing.

I will try your recommendations.

Edited by flopdoc

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

@flopdoc Indeed it is.a genuine Reality XP GTN, only the panel.cfg file is just half-correct like Bill is pointing up.

Can you please help us better our products and detail a little more what do you find 'somewhat confusing'?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Wow, it now works! I did what Bill suggested with the A2A configurator. I also had to tick the No bezel marks.

I would not have come up with the idea to first fake-install F1 instruments and then replace them with RXP versions.

Confusing is: what is 750 1 and 750 2? No clue as to which one to chose. And: with bezel or without? What are the consequences? Why do I see 625 etc?

I now managed with trial and error.

Edited by flopdoc

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

24 minutes ago, flopdoc said:

Confusing is: what is 750 1 and 750 2? No clue as to which one to chose.

Your purchase includes (2) gauges.  Like you just purchased two television sets where one can go in your family room and the other in your bedroom.  In this case you can install 750_1 in some aircraft and 750_2 in other aircraft.  Or you can in some aircraft, where the panel and support allow for it, install both _1 and _2 in the same panel and use each one for different GTN functions.

I use my 750_1 in longer range aircraft models and store in it associated flight plans for long flights. Conversely, for my 750_2, I use it in smaller, short range aircraft models and accordingly store shorter flight plans in _2.  Just my personal choice.

To contrast. You could also use 750 _1 in aircraft you use on say the USA west coast, and store appropriate flight plans according to that location, and perhaps use 750_2 in aircraft you use in the Caribbean, storing Caribbean flight plans there.  Just a couple of possibilities on use.

Be aware that currently you cannot crossfill flight plans direct from one to the other.  So if you are using both in a single panel and wish to use flight plan capabilities in both you must enter that flight plan individually into both.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Your purchase includes (2) gauges.  Like you just purchased two television sets where one can go in your family room and the other in your bedroom.  In this case you can install 750_1 in some aircraft and 750_2 in  [ ...]. direct from one to the other.  So if you are using both in a single panel and wish to use flight plan capabilities in both you must enter that flight plan individually into both.

Thanks for the clear explanation!

48 minutes ago, flopdoc said:

Why do I see 625 etc?

The 625 and 635 have fewer features than the 650. If your aircraft has a nav, or comm radio or both you could choose to install the 625 or 635.

625 GPS/MFD. 635 GPS/COMM/MFD. 650 GPS/NAV/COMM/MFD.

725 GPS/MFD. 750 GPS/NAV/COMM/MFD.

On your desktop you should find a shortcut to the Garmin trainers that include these different versions.

Also check out the tutorial videos.

Edited by BillS511
  • Like 2

You might want to also run the Garmin Trainer standalone and open the Garmin GTN Pilot's Guide. Differences between these device models is explained in great details, along with all there is to know about the various GTN functions.

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)