Sign in to follow this  
Monarch787

A Good A220?

Hello, my fellow flight simmers. I have a question for you guys? 

Does anyone know if there is any decent Airbus A220 (100 or 300) being developed for P3Dv4. I am aware of Virtualcol's A220... But lets be honest... Its not going to be any good. (No disrespect) 

Im looking for something like the Aerosoft family (not to study level like an FSLabs but just a realistic A to B aircraft). I know its a new airframe but surely someone is developing it... PMDG are doing the B-MAX which is around the same age. 

Let me know... Great thanks! 

20 minutes ago, Monarch787 said:

Hello, my fellow flight simmers. I have a question for you guys? 

Does anyone know if there is any decent Airbus A220 (100 or 300) being developed for P3Dv4. I am aware of Virtualcol's A220... But lets be honest... Its not going to be any good. (No disrespect) 

Im looking for something like the Aerosoft family (not to study level like an FSLabs but just a realistic A to B aircraft). I know its a new airframe but surely someone is developing it... PMDG are doing the B-MAX which is around the same age. 

Let me know... Great thanks! 

Nobody that I am aware of.

These guys are working on an FSX version, but no word if they plan a P3D v4 version...

https://fselite.net/news/whiskey-jet-simulations-a220-dev-update/

According to their facebook page they focus on "Low cost, aesthetically pleasing, but not too complex" aircraft, so it doesn't sound too promising for an Aerosoft level A220 from WJS, and it seems  more likely to be somewhat akin to the upcoming Virtualcol offering.

Aerosoft is the most likely candidate, but they are currently focused on bringing their A330 to P3D v4, so we're not likely to see an A220 from them anytime soon

I doubt PMDG has much interest in the A220, but who knows.. 

• Like 2

Virtualcol is working on one as well: https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?kcmdlnk=desarrollo

But as usual with them, it'll have very limited functionality. It is likely to be cheap though, as per their other products. Just don't expect too much from it systems-wise...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Virtualcol is working on one as well: https://www.virtualcol.com/products.php?kcmdlnk=desarrollo

But as usual with them, it'll have very limited functionality. It is likely to be cheap though, as per their other products. Just don't expect too much from it systems-wise...

Agreed Ben, it is what it is, and you know more or less what to expect with Virtualcol.

I have been in touch with the dev, and he sent me some preliminary pics of the VC, and it looked encouraging, at least compared to their past offerings, and  it looks like they are making some improvements in that area. The screenshots of the model don't look too bad either, they are low res, but they look encouraging compared to past offerings as well IMO. Considering this will likely be inexpensive as you noted, i'll probably get it, at least until something better comes along, but it's anybody's guess when that might be.

This space is very poorly served regrettably, particularly as the A220 series will be a huge replacement for the older B717 and the CRJ which in the real world lacks Auto Throttle.  The VCol version of the A220 is fairly ordinary to put it politely, and the Whiskey Jet version will be initially restricted to FSX and with a dumbed down FMS.

Could one of the majors consider taking this job on?  It would end up in every simmers library because of its wide uptake by airlines..or do we wait for Flight 1's revision of the Bombardier series to come on to the market and treat that as our 'small' commercial airliner.

I agree.  We need a top tier version of this airplane.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next