Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

Why no tech support from Carenado???

Carenado is just flat ignoring my tech support tickets and requests. Why does anyone still buy any of their products?? I stopped a long time ago.

Edited by Mark Niebauer

Hi Mark,

I have used their ticket system in the past and had mostly very good experiences. The worst that ever happened to me was that they explained to me that they were unable to fix a specific problem. That happened once, in all other cases they offered a solution.

Peter

Hello all,

I have to add that I only ever bought the Carenado Phenom 300 with the Navigraph package to team with my GTN750. This worked well until I did a hardware change and reinstalled P3Dv4 on a reformatted SSD and on reinstall, the Phenom consistently came up with an authentication error. After 20 to 30 tries, I eventually contacted Carenado who in the long run admitted that they could not help me. They did, however, offer me a new aircraft from their collection for free.  An offer, I considered extremely surprising, generous and totally unexpected. 

As this is my only experience with Carenado, I have to say that I thought that this was an incredible support response. There were no long drawn out waits for a response and whilst they were advising me to do just what I was already doing, the end and rapid result was very very satisfying.  You will never get a complaint from me with this kind of support service.

I do not know if this kind of response is unique but I cannot imagine that I have been singled out.

From me .... Well done Carenado.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

21 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

I have to add that I only ever bought the Carenado Phenom 300 with the Navigraph package to team with my GTN750. This worked well until I did a hardware change and reinstalled P3Dv4 on a reformatted SSD and on reinstall, the Phenom consistently came up with an authentication error. After 20 to 30 tries, I eventually contacted Carenado who in the long run admitted that they could not help me. They did, however, offer me a new aircraft from their collection for free.  An offer, I considered extremely surprising, generous and totally unexpected. 

As this is my only experience with Carenado, I have to say that I thought that this was an incredible support response. There were no long drawn out waits for a response and whilst they were advising me to do just what I was already doing, the end and rapid result was very very satisfying.  You will never get a complaint from me with this kind of support service.

I do not know if this kind of response is unique but I cannot imagine that I have been singled out.

From me .... Well done Carenado.

Regards

Tony

Most people I know including myself have not had that response and in fact the opposite. I too have the 300 with SVS and GTN. It work better than the rest of their stuff. I got the Caravan to work too. THe premier is way too buggy. 

I bought the SVS to 4 days, I can not install by speaking that the serial is invalid. They do not respond to support.

8 hours ago, Valeriosza said:

I bought the SVS to 4 days, I can not install by speaking that the serial is invalid. They do not respond to support.

Welcome to Carenado Products.  lol

• Upvote 1

I call them Carenoto (Care-not-o) and Alameo (A-lame-o) for a reason and that is also the reason I stopped buying their products.  It's a real shame because they have some really neat GA add on's, but the bugs and lack of desire to address them is just too much for me.

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I had an issue with the S550 exceeding installs Error 403. It was resolved today. It took six days, but they are providing support, just not real fast. Check your account activity daily. It appears they do not send emails. Don

Don Nelson

1 hour ago, D Nelson said:

I had an issue with the S550 exceeding installs Error 403. It was resolved today. It took six days, but they are providing support, just not real fast. Check your account activity daily. It appears they do not send emails. Don

6 Days is really terrible by any standards but this is how Carenado is. Your out in the wilderness because they run out of their garage like most flight sim developers.

• Upvote 1

Baught the at42 yesterday on their homepage and the installer did not work. Every time it said "serial not valid" Wrote to service desk. No answer till now.

So .... spend money for nothing.

Greetings

Klaus

• Upvote 1