Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

Good news that this is released however, I think I'll wait on this one, as there is no seasons other than Summer, and what will the load times be like, it might be more of an option after LM sort load times out with P3D V4.5.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Load times aren't bad at all actually...pleasantly surprised

• Like 1

I will wait till they first have released the SP for True Earth Netherlands, which lots of people are waiting for for 10 months now..

Imho : regarding TE NL for P3Dv4 , Orbx has to show that they are also willing to provide service after a release instead of focusing only on selling and avoiding to reply to people asking about    a SP...

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have ORBX EU England installed. Now how does this product tie into that? What is the difference? Just another name for the same thing with maybe a lot more detail?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I will not buy any TE scenery until P3D/ORBX will cooperate to reduce loading times and long frames. IMO both are caused by many/large PR scenery titles.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Bought and installed it as a late birthday present to myself.

Pros:

taCDBJ3.jpg

• It runs fairly well on my PC (but not as well as TE Netherlands).
  • With all of the autogen and 3D models/POIs sitting on top of photo scenery, it really gives the impression that 'I'm there' (London really felt like being in London).
  • Colouring of the photo scenery is good, not the washed-out stuff I've been using.
  • UK2000 Xtreme airport sceneries around London appear to sit near perfectly with the ORBX ground photo (though colouring does not match).
  • It's only ~60GB once installed, that's about 2x as much disk space as Horizon VFR volume 1, but only half of XP11. There's a lot of data included, so I'm happy with that.
  • Water masking is excellent.

Cons:

• Load time for me at EGLC was 15 minutes, 14 of them stuck at the infamous 6% "Loading Terrain Data".
  • The underlying photo scenery is not as crisp as I'd hoped (I run Horizon / PlaySims VFR UK which is a lot clearer - up to LOD17. ORBX's LOD15 / 1.2m per pixel is acceptable, but not great).
  • There are some obvious mistakes.
    - Between and including London Bridge to Lambeth Bridge there are some badly modelled and incorrectly placed bridges. Some are done to a very high standard, others are worse than default.
    - There is no lighthouse I.R.L. in Central London. Some demolished buildings have been included. I highlighted these on their forums some time ago.
    - Some of the new I.R.L. buildings that have been made as POIs are not located accurately and are poorly modelled.
  • Autogen building placement does not match the photo scenery footprint - can be off by 2 metres or more and it's obvious from 2,000 feet A.G.L.
    (See the pic below with the Stadium, Cardiff Castle in front of the plane and the autogen train station just behind the tail).

MXPlbHf.png

• I had to turn off shadows, reflections, other eye candy to get acceptable performance).

Overall, at the moment, it's a C+ grade from me.
SP1 (whenever that's ready) will introduce some improvements, I'm sure. Compromising on settings seems to be the way to get acceptable frames and few / no stutters.
I won't be rushing to buy TE GB Central or North until after their SP1s have been released.

Edited by F737NG
Added pic
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

I have ORBX EU England installed. Now how does this product tie into that? What is the difference? Just another name for the same thing with maybe a lot more detail?

TE is a photo-real product. In other words, it's photo imagery of the actual landscape with all the 3D autogen on top. EU England is a landclass product, which is a plausible look-alike landscape with autogen on top. You might think of EU England as like flying over England in a parallel universe.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

8 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

TE is a photo-real product. In other words, it's photo imagery of the actual landscape with all the 3D autogen on top. EU England is a landclass product, which is a plausible look-alike landscape with autogen on top. You might think of EU England as like flying over England in a parallel universe.

Great. So I can simply install over my existing landclass product? I'm interested in this since I have ORBX Southampton airport installed and am originally from the area.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

I will wait till they first have released the SP for True Earth Netherlands, which lots of people are waiting for for 10 months now..

Honestly, ORBX is going down the wrong route to me. As you mentioned, due to the hype about TE GB products, it seems that everything else is currently abandoned, although not the same persons working on TE GB as for other products.

- no update for the long promised ORBX Australia

- no SP for TE Netherlands

- almost no new airports for P3Dv4

In addition, the decision to release TE GB South for P3D with only one season and a rather ridiculous discussion about this topic in the forums simply show: the TE route is not for P3D. The download sizes with five seasons is simply to big and now they start to dial down what basically makes a huge difference between XP and P3D for the sake of some gigabytes. To me, this is more like: we tried TE with Netherlands, everybody hyped it and now we continue this TE route even if more and more compromises need to be made...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have all the  regions in europe, base, vector, openlc installed,smooth framerates, when i install all europe regions frames drop like hell, no service packs from orbx after i spent huge amounts of money. This is a PASS because they do not fix any of their products and ignore support forums, its a shame thats why they concentrate on xplane because they cant fix it for prepar3d4.4 Take what you want from it!!!!!! 

Edited by kurtb
spelling
  • Like 1

15 mins to load lol.

Even if it was 5 it’s still way to long. 

I will pass even with “faster “ loading.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Stroman81 said:

Well, there seems to be hope for the future...

People are so quick to blame Orbx, when the above link makes it clear the long loading times are a bug in P3D and finally admitted by LM and it will be fixed in the next beta.

I also own TE Netherlands and a bunch of Orbx products and I am not concerned about the SP1 for NED, because I cannot recall Orbx ever promising a service pack and not delivering it. Vector alone has had 6 or 7 major updates since it’s release, and so has FTX England which at SP6 right now. I do think they are struggling with resources internally a bit and I hope they can expand their team to take on these ambitious new projects. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

Good you asked this question as like you I have EU England

47 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

15 mins to load lol.

Even if it was 5 it’s still way to long. 

I will pass even with “faster “ loading.

Good point raised, David.

Great feedback F737NG. I'll pass for now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

People are so quick to blame Orbx, when the above link makes it clear the long loading times are a bug in P3D and finally admitted by LM and it will be fixed in the next beta.

I also own TE Netherlands and a bunch of Orbx products and I am not concerned about the SP1 for NED, because I cannot recall Orbx ever promising a service pack and not delivering it. Vector alone has had 6 or 7 major updates since it’s release, and so has FTX England which at SP6 right now. I do think they are struggling with resources internally a bit and I hope they can expand their team to take on these ambitious new projects. 

So you think it is absolutely normal to release a product and then wait for a year or longer to release a SP that fixes several bugs , resizes the Zeppelin size barns and adds some objects ...

In the mean time XPlane TU NL was released + SP..

Imagine PMDG would release a new aircraft and the tail would be 4X its size and several wheels where missing. Would you also say that it would not be a problem .

And imagine that several topics about a SP would have been deleted. Would you als be not concerned..?

The SP was already mentioned in april last year and only in december John finally replied in an irritated tone that the SP would come but, because of other products it would still take a while.,.

And as I am from the Netherlands and fly over it a lot I find those Giant Mega Barns quiet irritating. A small hotfix 10 months ago would have been very easy to release.

So in my case : not well done...

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

As mentioned, they go down a dangerous road now. In my understanding, ORBX always published their products on time or only with minor delay, but since they put that much effort in their TE products (the new ones...), somehow they are now close to Aerosoft: promising stuff with a date they can simply hold in no way. With their OpenLC products, they are more than a year behind the originally communicated schedule. FTX Australia v2, I was told on a support question that the release of v2 is not far away and that the bug I addressed won't be fixed in v1. This is now also more than a year ago.

I totally agree with Gerard...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS