Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

• The "giant mega barns" issue is something that I also noticed when I had ORBx FTX Northern Ireland installed.
  • As for any issues with this first release of TrueEarth GB South.....please make sure that these are communicated to the development team on the ORBx forum. Misalignment of objects with the photoscenery footprint (and those rubbish bridge models in the above screenshot) need to be sorted out.
  • With respect to the LOD15 resolution of the photoscenery textures.....this is exactly the same as Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery England and Wales. Scotland is LOD16.
Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The TE product will install above (not really "on top of") the FTX England and Wales.  So you can just enable/disable in the scenery menu.  None of the files in the FTX products get changed.

Those with EU England etc note this post by Raymond rjfry in another thread:

ORBX TE NL is a performance hit I can run it but that's on top OLC and ORBX has advised removing the UK regions before running UK TE. 

And I suspect the same will apply to TE US regions when they come out so users that purchased US regions will need to remove them for TE, and lose the seasons that they enjoyed with the present regions. 

That's not what John Venema said:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167879-true-earth-gb-ftx-eu-england-for-p3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=1475531

• Like 1

I think I'll consider buying it if I read reports that the performance is much slicker than with the current FTX EU England + AS EGLL +etc combo in areas like London

PS: and London area alone will be enough as an indicator already ))

Edited by Dirk98

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:
  • As for any issues with this first release of TrueEarth GB South.....please make sure that these are communicated to the development team on the ORBx forum [...]
  • With respect to the LOD15 resolution of the photoscenery textures.....this is exactly the same as Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery England and Wales. Scotland is LOD16.

Nope, the version of Horizon VFR photo scenery I'm using (from the Playsims update discs) has 60cm resolution in many places. Ergo, better clarity than the ORBX TE product and I find it to be noticeable when looking at nearby scenery.

I'll pass on my comments next week, once the initial launch rush has died down so they don't get lost amongst the over-excitement.
It will need lots of buyers to make similar comments for them to take note, however.

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

As mentioned, they go down a dangerous road now. In my understanding, ORBX always published their products on time or only with minor delay, but since they put that much effort in their TE products (the new ones...), somehow they are now close to Aerosoft: promising stuff with a date they can simply hold in no way.

I don't think they hired designers early enough. They overcommitted to producing TE products, then TE NED for XP11 had problems, so no income from that project and they then prioritised the whole design team away from their 'bread & butter' OLC and regions in P3D. Hopefully that will change now that TE GB South has been released - per JV, Aus and Africa get the attention next.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

So you think it is absolutely normal to release a product and then wait for a year or longer to release a SP that fixes several bugs , resizes the Zeppelin size barns and adds some objects
[...]
And as I am from the Netherlands and fly over it a lot I find those Giant Mega Barns quiet irritating. A small hotfix 10 months ago would have been very easy to release.

So in my case : not well done...

Being from the place that the product reproduces is the problem. Personally, I'd like to see an SP for Netherlands, but for me, it's not an urgent requirement, as it doesn't matter as much to me as it does to you. Likewise, being from London, I can easily see all of the faults and want the SP fixes for TE GB South tomorrow. I imagine you would not be as concerned.

I have no problem with ORBX developing a lot of products for XP. I believe it involves designers not involved with P3D. It should be somewhat easy to port over objects to make a new product for a new market - easy money for them. It means they then have additional financial resources to develop new ideas.

Has it been handled well? No, it has not and it goes back to overcommitting their resources to their shiny new product line ahead of what had already been announced, which created the sense of ignoring their customers of previous products.

Anyway, I have made my one impulse purchase this year from ORBX. I will now wait until I see SPs and positive customer feedback before buying anything new from them.

13 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I think I'll consider buying it if I read reports that the performance is much slicker than with the current FTX EU England + AS EGLL +etc combo in areas like London

PS: and London area alone will be enough as an indicator already ))

I don't own FTX England, but I know some have performance issues with it. That said, London is very densely detailed in TE GB - I would be very surprised if you achieved slicker performance.
In my own experience, FlyTampa EHAM and TE NED Amsterdam runs about as well as TE GB London without any AI and with reflections off.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

That was the advise before TE UK XP even came out now they have done it with the P3D TE installer it disables UK regions goodbye seasons, I don't VFR very much done it to death years ago FS9 and not into sunny day flying at a set height to get the best from a scenery.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

can someone fly the fsl or a pmdg  bird into EGLL and how tell me how smooth is it??  im waiting and look forward to the answer. I doubt ill get one

I couldnt give less of a fig about a screenshot of the default Cessna over a small city.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, tooting said:

can someone fly the fsl or a pmdg  bird into EGLL and how tell me how smooth is it??  im waiting and look forward to the answer. I doubt ill get one

I couldnt give less of a fig about a screenshot of the default Cessna over a small city.

Orbx OLC Euro is fine, I will not even go there with Orbx England let alone try a version that takes 15 mins to load. GL anyone trying FSL or even a PMDG into Simwings EGLL. But to be fair simwing,s EGLL is fantastic on FPS.

I what smooth fligths over the city and into landing OLC is perfect for that. London looks good enough for me and am from the UK. If I lived in Chelsea it might not be  🙂 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Downloading the 40 GB at the moment.  Will do a flight in the evening from EDDM to EGLL with the FSL A319 but i dont have a "good" system.  Only i7-4770 and a 1070, 32 GB RAM and a 1 TB Crucial MX500 for P3D 

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Just looked over at Orbx, yes it looks stunning. But not sure my PC whats to even try it lol 🙂 I think it would make this noise......BANG!

Flying over there into EGLL 27R GL

Look for the London city shots.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/gbr-south?utm_source=Forum&utm_campaign=TrueEarth GB South

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Downloading the 40 GB at the moment.  Will do a flight in the evning from EDDM to EGLL with the FSL A319 but i dont have a "good" system.  Only i7-4770 and a 1070, 32 GB RAM and a 1 TB Crucial MX500 for P3D 

Look forward to what you find, also let us know what it does to your load times, please.

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

. London looks good enough for me and am from the UK. If I lived in Chelsea it might not be  🙂 

If you lived in Chelsea, you'd probably be saying, 'what the hell is 'True Earth'' , while pre-flighting your Bonanza at Biggin Hill

• Like 1

Mods please note there is not talking/adult content in this, thank you. I did check 🙂 

GA over wales. Looks stunning. 

• Upvote 1