Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

44 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If I lived in Chelsea it might not be  🙂 

😆

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Load time for me was also horrendous at EGKK...the dreaded 6% stall. 

Scenery is mostly good, roads not so much, I think the X-plane version is better in that respect. I did notice floating buildings in numerous locations whilst flying along the south coast.

I am not convinced that True Earth is really the way forward....

• Like 1

7800X3D  + RTX 4080 + 32GB DDR5

27 minutes ago, TonyD said:

Scenery is mostly good, roads not so much, I think the X-plane version is better in that respect.

I agree,  OrthoXP at zoom 17 with EGLC at zoom 19, gives me a much better perspective if I compare them side by side.  Too much photo scenery from Orbx.  Load time significantly better.

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

If you lived in Chelsea, you'd probably be saying, 'what the hell is 'True Earth'' , while pre-flighting your Bonanza at Biggin Hill

I live in zone 2. I look down and see moped thieves, chicken shops and betting shops where I am

• Like 3

14ppkc-6.png

Great video looks nothing like Wales in February. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

So you think it is absolutely normal to release a product and then wait for a year or longer to release a SP that fixes several bugs , resizes the Zeppelin size barns and adds some objects ...

In the mean time XPlane TU NL was released + SP..

Imagine PMDG........ etc etc

XPlane TU NL + SP released? Really? Please tell me where I can get TE NL for X-Plane and i’ll buy it immediately 🙂

If oversized barns ruin your flight experience then you’re taking the hobby a bit too seriously. Sorry.

They aren't getting a dime from me unless they stop being cocky. sort their support and product performance. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

If you keep ORBX EU England still active under TE GB South wouldn’t that mean performance at best would be equal to the current slide show over London?

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

First Load done, took me 8 Minutes from pressing the button till the f16 was sitting on the runway at Aerosoft EGLL professional. 

AIG AI Traffic activated and limited to 150 Planes, Active Sky aktivated (so rainy weather at heathrow).  

FTX England still activated bellow True Earth

What was intersting the GPU memory of my 1070 was nearly full 7980 MB and nvinspector showed max 8088. I´m pretty sure with FTX Engald i only had about 4 - 5 GB Video Ram used.

Edited by 331BK
  • Upvote 2

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Update:

In my earlier post, I had a problem where Vsync did not match my screen refresh rate.
The performance complaints I made were my own fault.
Having fixed that, I got flyable FPS of 20-22 in the PMDG NGX over London and 28-30 FPS (my locked rate) elsewhere on the south coast.

4 hours ago, tooting said:

can someone fly the fsl or a pmdg  bird into EGLL and how tell me how smooth is it??  im waiting and look forward to the answer. I doubt ill get one

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Orbx OLC Euro is fine, I will not even go there with Orbx England let alone try a version that takes 15 mins to load. GL anyone trying FSL or even a PMDG into Simwings EGLL. But to be fair simwing,s EGLL is fantastic on FPS.

On approach to Aerosoft EGLL it dropped to 18, and on short final down to 14 😞
That was with UTLive traffic at 65% with ASP4 + Rex SF3 running live weather which is inclement.
My settings are in bottom picture and my PC specs are in my signature.

Pitrvm0.png

5V7R9J1.png

icle51G.png

Oh, and VRAM hit 7415MB on an overclocked GTX 1070 with only 8GB available.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

20 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Update:

In my earlier post, I had a problem where Vsync did not match my screen refresh rate.
The performance complaints I made were my own fault.
Having fixed that, I got flyable FPS of 20-22 in the PMDG NGX over London and 28-30 FPS (my locked rate) elsewhere on the south coast.

On approach to Aerosoft EGLL it dropped to 18, and on short final down to 14 😞
That was with UTLive traffic at 65% with ASP4 + Rex SF3 running live weather which is inclement.
My settings are in bottom picture and my PC specs are in my signature.

[...]

5V7R9J1.png

[...]
Oh, and VRAM hit 7415MB on an overclocked GTX 1070 with only 8GB available.

I gotta say, that photoscenery right there looks terribly blurry. I can't imagine that's what it's supposed to look like... It doesn't seem like your computer can keep up with the rendering of this product? Since your VRAM is so high, it seems to me like you have to dial down your settings a little to make sure your videocard has the memory to handle this, perhaps...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

14 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I gotta say, that photoscenery right there looks terribly blurry. I can't imagine that's what it's supposed to look like... It doesn't seem like your computer can keep up with the rendering of this product? Since your VRAM is so high, it seems to me like you have to dial down your settings a little to make sure your videocard has the memory to handle this, perhaps...

I agree, but I deliberately thrashed my PC to see what it can and can't handle.
It's not as strong as some other PCs, but since it was requested, I wanted to show what happens when you put TEGB, AS EGLL, a complex airplane, weather and AI altogether.

I won't be using that combination at the same time again until I update my CPU and Mobo later this year.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I agree, but I deliberately thrashed my PC to see what it can and can't handle.
It's not as strong as some other PCs, but since it was requested, I wanted to show what happens when you put TEGB, AS EGLL, a complex airplane, weather and AI altogether.

I won't be using that combination at the same time again until I update my CPU and Mobo later this year.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, 331BK said:

What was intersting the GPU memory of my 1070 was nearly full 7980 MB and nvinspector showed max 8088. I´m pretty sure with FTX Engald i only had about 4 - 5 GB Video Ram used.

Noticed the same - VRAM usage is massive with TE...

David's video above looks very good, albeit only one season.  TE seems to have modeled the mountainous regions very well.   Didn't have that opportunity with flat Netherlands topography.

Aside from all the complaints above about ORBX, their presence in this industry has been huge for me and I probably wouldn't be simming without them.

John

• Like 1