Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

TE GB South is a blurred mess for me landing an airliner at e.g. EGKK or EGLL at the lower altitudes nearing the runway. Very much anything but True Earth!

At least I got a discount on its purchase but disappointed to say the least. Plus stutters are a problem.

One other thing, all the roads look a light green colour: hardly True Earth again. I agree with other people's comments that that the TE products for X-Plane do look substantially better and are definitely worth purchasing. 

Footnote:

I have just repeated an approach to EGKK just using EuropeLC and things look real again (stutters mostly gone and nothing blurred). I guess I shall have to stick with this until I find a solution to the blurred mess/stutter problem with TE.

Edited by LecLightning56
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rjfry said:

That's why I will not be using TE UK or TE US regions when they are released I will be more interested in Africa OLC if it ever gets done.  

LC Africa should be out this month or latest March as per their 2019 roadmap!

• Like 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 hours ago, hillsboy said:

Aside from all the complaints above about ORBX, their presence in this industry has been huge for me and I probably wouldn't be simming without them.

Notwithstanding all the complaints and problems I have to agree with what John (hillsboy) says here. Masters of the universe they may not be, but if it wasn't for ORBX sceneries (and I have about 500g worth of) I would have:

1. Left this hobby as the default scenery looks so pathetic.

2. Have more cash by having saved on performance computers and software.

3. Been bored and looking for another hobby worthy of my towering intellect... :cool:

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Edited by SpiritFlyer
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I what smooth fligths over the city and into landing OLC is perfect for that. London looks good enough for me and am from the UK. If I lived in Chelsea it might not be  🙂 

What's wrong with living in Chelsea lol?!  :biggrin:

12 hours ago, F737NG said:

I don't own FTX England, but I know some have performance issues with it. That said, London is very densely detailed in TE GB - I would be very surprised if you achieved slicker performance.

I would not though. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of TE GB in X-Plane 11. For what it matters it turned out to be excellent on FPS  and way better, than the freeware GB Pro v2. And it is much much better, than P3D's FTX EU England around London. So who knows, we'll see.

Edited by Dirk98

19 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

I would not though. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of TE GB in X-Plane 11. For what it matters it turned out to be excellent on FPS  and way better, than the freeware GB Pro v2. And it is much much better, than P3D's FTX EU England around London. So who knows, we'll see.

Going to test the XP version to, but unfortunately TEGBS in P3Dv4.4 is one stutter show and frustrating to say the least... great looking but not usable at this point...

André

From watching some related videos and reading hardware specs here and elsewhere so far it looks like the performance is really better in ORBX TE than in FTX EU England. Yes, I know,  there's still one season, but when it snows you see the snow falling anyway. Otherwise the UK does always look more or less ever green from the above and all over on the ground to my eyes at least. 

Edited by Dirk98
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, awf said:

Going to test the XP version to, but unfortunately TEGBS in P3Dv4.4 is one stutter show and frustrating to say the least... great looking but not usable at this point...

Try to notch down Scenery

Edited by Dirk98

9 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Try to notch down Scenery

Thanks but have great FPS and sharp textures however, with this one stutters and long pause as seen in the video from the OP in the link below 😉

TENL performance is great and without TEGBS all is smooth again...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167918-te-gb-south-p3d-v4-stutteringslowing-performance-issue/

André

Interesting, all these comments. Once I finish downloading in another 2 days I will be able to see what you are all on about!!

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

6 hours ago, awf said:

Thanks but have great FPS and sharp textures however, with this one stutters and long pause as seen in the video from the OP in the link below 😉

TENL performance is great and without TEGBS all is smooth again...

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167918-te-gb-south-p3d-v4-stutteringslowing-performance-issue/

I have posted some things you can do to cranck up the performance in that thread...

Myself zi don’t have GB South yet as I first want them to release the SP for TE NL...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On a side note......I am rather disappointed to hear that TrueEarth North in XP11 only comes with a 30m resolution mesh. I sincerely hope that this is corrected for the P3D v4 version, because a 30m mesh for a country like Scotland is nowhere near good enough. I appreciate that ORBx are struggling to source affordable high resolution mesh, but 30m is way too low to accurately render all of those small rocky islets scattered around the coast, or complex cliffs. I visited Dunnottar Castle two years ago (which sits on the edge of a cliff about 10 miles south of Aberdeen), and apparently ORBx will be adding this as a bespoke 3D model in a service pack. However, I can't possibly see this being displayed properly with a 30m mesh.....and that would destroy any sense of realism for me.

I would be quite prepared to give ORBx additional cash to make sure that they can source good quality 5m mesh for Scotland, because it needs it. You could argue that the 5m mesh that comes with the Horizon VFR Photographic Scenery could be used (for those of us that have it), but how would objects that have been built (and placed) based on a 30m mesh be rendered when that mesh is increased to 5m?

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

On a side note......I am rather disappointed to hear that TrueEarth North in XP11 only comes with a 30m resolution mesh

Believe me, I tried very hard to find a good source. Unlike England/Wales our data provider wanted very large sums of money for a Scotland 5m mesh that would have cost the price of a small home to license, so the search continues....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It's good to know that you are still actively searching, Tony. Like I said, I would pay extra for TrueEarth North P3Dv4 to get that higher resolution mesh. Hopefully, you will be able to find an alternative source by the time that the P3D v4 version is released :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png