Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

24 minutes ago, Mace said:

Michael I don't think you want Win 10 game mode ON -- I think you want it to be "off" when running P3D.

Leaving it on is a known detriment to performance, if I am recalling that correctly.

Thanks, I never switched this on/off but will certainly try it (and report).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I am a little surprised reading people reporting more smoothness / better fps with more detailed settings ....😏

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

I am a little surprised reading people reporting more smoothness / better fps with more detailed settings ....😏

Who reported that?

Dugald

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

Maybe they raised the settings so high that they were getting one frame per hour...very smooth.

7 hours ago, Muklum said:

Who reported that?

Dugald

Read the topics over at Orbx.

John posted his settings which are higher than people experiencing stutters and low fps.

And several people are no claiming a higher franerate and more smoothness than with lower settings before ...

🤔

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 2/13/2019 at 1:29 PM, Nyxx said:

That got locked, that's one very nice PC.

The "Thread" is unlocked again now...

As a test, you could try what I did to see what happens if you don't think there is an issue with your PC..

Turns out I recon there is a problem with something inside a scenery folder.. I did some testing that appeared on the face of it quite compelling and conducive..

But I am no expert, "X" is the unknown factor and a spurt is a drip under pressure.... 

To check out the post go to https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168356-true-earth-england-south-loading-blurring-problem-with-folder-ftx_eu_gbs_05_scenery/ 

Tally Ho 

Rog

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

Read the topics over at Orbx.

John posted his settings which are higher than people experiencing stutters and low fps.

And several people are no claiming a higher franerate and more smoothness than with lower settings before ...

🤔

I've read the topics at Orbx. And yes, I admit I was surprised at some of his settings, but I decided to give them a try anyway. I found that they changed TE-GBS from an unusable mess into something that was smooth outside the London area, though for me it was still poor over London; and after dialling back the AA (to the setting that I had been using pre-TE-GBS) and locking the frame rate at 30 (I had it locked at 60 pre-TE-GBS), I find that the sim is very smooth apart from some small stutters in turns over the London area. Note that I haven't tried with anything other than GA aircraft, and I'd be very surprised indeed to get a decent experience with a Boeing or an Airbus, but that doesn't worry me, since I nearly always use GA aircraft anyway.

Dugald

14 minutes ago, Muklum said:

I've read the topics at Orbx. And yes, I admit I was surprised at some of his settings, but I decided to give them a try anyway. I found that they changed TE-GBS from an unusable mess into something that was smooth outside the London area, though for me it was still poor over London; and after dialling back the AA (to the setting that I had been using pre-TE-GBS) and locking the frame rate at 30 (I had it locked at 60 pre-TE-GBS), I find that the sim is very smooth apart from some small stutters in turns over the London area. Note that I haven't tried with anything other than GA aircraft, and I'd be very surprised indeed to get a decent experience with a Boeing or an Airbus, but that doesn't worry me, since I nearly always use GA aircraft anyway.

Dugald

Well done.

If you lock at 20 for London you will probably have it stutter-free..,

Just now, GSalden said:

Well done.

If you lock at 20 for London you will probably have it stutter-free..,

Thanks, I did try at 20 and I still had slight stutters in turns, so I went back to 30. Again, if I'm passing over London it's usually on my way to somewhere else, so this isn't a problem for me.

Dugald

19 hours ago, pmb said:

Thanks, I never switched this on/off but will certainly try it (and report).

Kind regards, Michael

Been following your post here on Avsim and at the Orbx forum, getting the same  as you, been doing some pegging back of  the settings as JV. Looking at the scenery in spot view I noticed certain areas were slow loading up so this morning I tried adjusting the Prepar3d.cfg file and increased the  Texture_Bandwidth_Mult to 120 and it improved with delay and  helped with the blurry textures.

bob

Bob, I tried to reset the Autogen and Scenery Distance Slider, which I had lowered to "Medium" because of fps issues, back to "High" yesterday. This works quite well over the more rurals areas and I can maintain around 30 fps. Scenery stays mostly clear as well. It's not as crisp as under X-Plane, but I would call it sufficient and no longer "blurry". As a sidenote, I found autogen to fade in better and more continually than under some LC-base sceneries like NCA.

However, this doesn't work close to London where fps tank with "High". Maybe the promised Control Panel will allow more granularity here.

On the other hand, you probably know that the Autogen and Scenery Distance Slider actually controls two values 

AUTOGEN_DRAW_DISTANCE=
SCENERY_DRAW_DISTANCE=

I don't understand why LM in their wisdom decided to couple them, but it might be worth trying ot change them independently in prepar3d.cfg.

I'll see what TBM does, too.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

20 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Maybe they raised the settings so high that they were getting one frame per hour...very smooth.

🤣🤣

André

Update for TE GB South released

TrueEarth GB South for Prepar3D v4 has now been updated to version 1.1!

The change list is as follows:

• We have added a Control Panel which allows you to manage more than 135,000 objects
  • Autogen buildings have been revised and optimized to more accurately reflecting the region
  • Adjustments and corrections have been made to the models of custom footprint buildings.
  • Fixed various user reported bugs

Details:

- 4.2GB download, 14.65GB installation.
- Control panel similar to TE Netherlands and FTX regions.
- Still takes far too long to load a scenario.
- It's not SP1, lots of POIs in XP11 are not yet in P3D, but there are lots of fixes.
- Some of the new building types look like oversized houses.

Performance is a little better - I am now getting 20-22 FPS on average over London with PMDG 737NGX with weather, 18-20 FPS on average on approach to Aerosoft EGLL with AI at 65%, but a few noticeable stutters.

I'm still going to rename the _3DM_ files to .OFF in the ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY\scenery folder when flying with a jet over / near big cities.

Comparison and settings used here:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/550009-orbx-trueearth-great-britain-south-released-for-prepar3d-v4/?do=findComment&comment=3969855

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I installed but didn't find time to test it, have the ugly green roads turned grey?

Kind regards, Michael

It's not SP1, lots of POIs in XP11 are not yet in P3D, but there are lots of fixes.

That's a bit disappointing. I was assuming that any new POI models added to the XP11 version would also be added to the P3D v4 version. Do we know how long it will take for an SP1 update to be released for P3D?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png