Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That's a bit disappointing. I was assuming that any new POI models added to the XP11 version would also be added to the P3D v4 version. Do we know how long it will take for an SP1 update to be released for P3D?

No

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

56 minutes ago, pmb said:

I installed but didn't find time to test it, have the ugly green roads turned grey?

I haven't come across any green roads yet.
Most look like this:

WDKTW35.jpg

5 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

That's a bit disappointing. I was assuming that any new POI models added to the XP11 version would also be added to the P3D v4 version. Do we know how long it will take for an SP1 update to be released for P3D?

No idea on release date. As you've seen on Orbx's forums, they have hired someone to direct the porting of XP to P3D material. Though this is not due to start for a few months.

The leader of this P3D porting effort has been secured and he has extensive prior experience with Orbx, being a project co-leader for five FTX regions for P3D, and more recently has released products for FSX, P3D, AFS2 and XP11. This cross-platform experience will be paramount.  However, for reasons I am not at liberty to share he cannot start full-time until later in the year although he’ll be spending time with the P3D core regions team during an extensive planning session and knowledge transfer workshop this summer in the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I installed and during my limited initial testing seems to be far better on frames and less stuttering (but London is still bad without using their new control panel).. however now the English channel now seems to have country side in it!

Argh.. https://imgur.com/XyNIleb😞

Anyone got any pointers to fixing this?

I tried Verify Files in FTX, it says valid.

Edited by DellyPilot

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

2 hours ago, DellyPilot said:

[...]however now the English channel now seems to have country side in it!

Argh.. https://imgur.com/XyNIleb😞

Anyone got any pointers to fixing this?

I tried Verify Files in FTX, it says valid.

Are you also running FTX England at a lower priority than TE GB, and (if it's available) is the option 'Frozen surfaces in Winter' unchecked?

I don't have FTX England, so it's only a guess.
TE GB has very few obvious problems.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Are you also running FTX England at a lower priority than TE GB, and (if it's available) is the option 'Frozen surfaces in Winter' unchecked?

I don't have FTX England, but TE GB looks fine.

Yes, I am and FTX was at a lower level (is that wrong?), I decided to uninstall both, now water is fine.. just re-installing both.

Edited by DellyPilot

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

5 hours ago, F737NG said:

I haven't come across any green roads yet.
Most look like this:

WDKTW35.jpg

I would call several of them plainly green. What about the following one?

TEGB_green_road.jpg

(This is on a color-calibrated monitor, btw.) All other ORBX Prepar3d roads in PNW, NCA etc. look grey on the same monitor. Even some others in TEGB look better. If you follow that road towards the West (i.e. behind in this shot) it will turn grey at some point.

Roads under TEGB XP11 definitely are not green.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I would call several of them plainly green. What about the following one?

TEGB_green_road.jpg

(This is on a color-calibrated monitor, btw.) All other ORBX Prepar3d roads in PNW, NCA etc. look grey on the same monitor. Even some others in TEGB look better. If you follow that road towards the West (i.e. behind in this shot) it will turn grey at some point.

Roads under TEGB XP11 definitely are not green.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm just looking again at the first image, from my earlier post, on my phone, having screenshot-ed it from my calibrated monitors. I wouldn't call any of the major roads displayed in the first picture as "plainly green". Maybe they're not as dark grey as in XP11's SP1 version, but I don't have a problem with them. Of course, it's very likely that you and I are seeing and interpreting the picture differently.

Now your picture does show a road where I do see that there is a colour problem. In the initial release, I recall seeing a number of major roads tinted a green colour as obvious as the trees and fields next to them. In my test sessions after installing the update, I haven't found any (yet).

I don't know if Orbx fixed the colouring of roads or not, but I haven't yet found any to complain about.

Something worth pointing out to Orbx to get it fixed in SP1?

4 hours ago, F737NG said:

I'm just looking again at the first image, from my earlier post, on my phone, having screenshot-ed it from my calibrated monitors. I wouldn't call any of the major roads displayed in the first picture as "plainly green". Maybe they're not as dark grey as in XP11's SP1 version, but I don't have a problem with them. Of course, it's very likely that you and I are seeing and interpreting the picture differently.

Now your picture does show a road where I do see that there is a colour problem. In the initial release, I recall seeing a number of major roads tinted a green colour as obvious as the trees and fields next to them. In my test sessions after installing the update, I haven't found any (yet).

I don't know if Orbx fixed the colouring of roads or not, but I haven't yet found any to complain about.

Something worth pointing out to Orbx to get it fixed in SP1?

I think its unlikely, the colour issues for roads are due to the colour corrections applied across the whole PR.. I guess fixing that would require taking the source ortho again and adjusting the pallette for a selection of the roads only.  Then it would be a complete redownload of the scenery fir everyone.  I just dont see orbx doing it.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

On 3/26/2019 at 6:57 AM, kevinfirth said:

I think its unlikely, the colour issues for roads are due to the colour corrections applied across the whole PR.. I guess fixing that would require taking the source ortho again and adjusting the pallette for a selection of the roads only.  Then it would be a complete redownload of the scenery fir everyone.  I just dont see orbx doing it.

I opened a thread on the green roads issue in the ORBX forum, hopefully we'll get an answer there.

Kind regards, Michael 

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I wish that ORBx TrueEarth GB Central for P3D v4 was on the horizon. After the vast improvement that TrueEarth GB South has made over my PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery (even with all of those 3DM files disabled), I am starting to get impatient for the rest!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I wish that ORBx TrueEarth GB Central for P3D v4 was on the horizon. After the vast improvement that TrueEarth GB South has made over my PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery (even with all of those 3DM files disabled), I am starting to get impatient for the rest!

Chris, let Orbx release a couple of American titles, they need revenue and the reduced costs of US sceneries (due to free imagery) will be a big boost for them...

xaP1VAU.png

Yes, but they have already purchased the UK photographic images. I understand that they want to get some revenue under their belts, but leaving the UK only one third completed for an extended period of time is........frustrating.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, but they have already purchased the UK photographic images. I understand that they want to get some revenue under their belts, but leaving the UK only one third completed for an extended period of time is........frustrating.

patience young padowan, Horizon GenX wasnt built in a day was it?

xaP1VAU.png

On 2/12/2019 at 8:46 AM, fta2017 said:

If you read some of the explanations being offered at the orbx forums you would understand that TE GB does not use autogen for a lot of the 3D building which make the sliders a bit redundant. They are working on a control panel to offer tuning of the scenery.

This is incorrect. I you had ever designed or even used paid scenery then you would know that every single object is assigned a level at which it will appear based on the scenery complexity slider.

Edited by ArJunaBug

On 4/18/2019 at 1:52 PM, Christopher Low said:

Have a look at the eastern half of the USA. ORBX has ignored this area for far too long IMO.  We don't have anything beyond OpenLC. Not a single regional offering and just a few airports.