Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

6 hours ago, ArJunaBug said:

This is incorrect. I you had ever designed or even used paid scenery then you would know that every single object is assigned a level at which it will appear based on the scenery complexity slider.

You did not read the post correctly.

TE GB uses many custom objects, like city blocks, that only can be added or removed by the SC slider. And it was either none or all of them ...

The OP was correct in pointing out that those objects could not be controlled by the AG sliders..

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Just now, GSalden said:

You did not read the post correctly.

TE GB uses many custom objects, like city blocks, that only can be added or removed by the SC slider. And it was either none or all of them ...

The OP was correct in pointing out that those objects could not be controlled by the AG sliders..

I see. That is not a brilliant move by ORBX. The facility for choosing how much detail your rig can deal with is built in to P3D. It's a shame ORBX chose not to use it or at least come up with a reasonable facsimile of their own. All or nothing is not very accommodating.

Cheers,
Jim

• Upvote 1

I think and many say its a fact that orbx has reached the limit for P3D along time ago.. Adding regions and more to base,,vector and openlc results in a slide show stutter mess.Now they have moved on to xplane, it wont be long untill that is saturated as well lol. There is no pc in the world that can run all orbx products together combined with addon  airports

3 minutes ago, kurtb said:

I think and many say its a fact that orbx has reached the limit for P3D along time ago.. Adding regions and more to base,,vector and openlc results in a slide show stutter mess.Now they have moved on to xplane, it wont be long untill that is saturated as well lol. There is no pc in the world that can run all orbx products together combined with addon  airports

Well that's just silly and false.

The only reason that performance in TrueEarth GB South suffers is because of those 3DM files. If the autogen system in P3D was updated to provide developers with more flexible options, then ORBx could have used autogen exclusively (apart from the POI landmarks), and we would not have these issues. It's those 3D custom buildings that kill performance on anything other than Skynet based PCs. Have Lockheed Martin been informed that updating the autogen system in P3D is urgently needed?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, kurtb said:

I don't see what you base your comment on. I've seen no such degradation from having many thousands of dollars of add-ons installed over time

I built my Flight Sim PC more than 5 years ago. I run P3D on bare bones Win7 x64 across 3 dedicated 1TB SSD drives with almost no other software loaded. Hardware is Asus Z97 Deluxe, i7-4790K OC'd to 4.67Ghz on all cores, 32GB DDR3-2333 ram, GTX-1080ti SC2 11GB (also mildly OC'd), and 6 "Joystick" input devices.

I have all ORBX products except TE GB South loaded at once, about 20 USA states of MegaSceneryEarth, plus a ton of other add-ons like Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP4/ASCA, RXP GNS & GTN, ChasePlane/TrackIR, PrecipFX, FSUIPC, Loads of aircraft including a few A2A Accu-Sim, Most PMDG, Flight1, many Milviz, Majestic Dash8 Q400 Pro, and others, FS2Crew for all PMDG and MJD8Q400, Accu-Feel, Around 100 non-ORBX airports (half of them freeware), All Drzewiecki Design regions/products, GSX Ground Services X Level 2 (which is word not allowed BTW), FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation mesh, WX Advantage Radar, Navigraph updates & fsAerodata, and probably a few other I forget. All of this is loaded at once and I often run Little NavMap on another monitor and Foobar2000 simultaneously playing music on the same 7.2.2 home theater system I run p3D on.  That's about as much as you can currently put on one system and it's very flyable.

I run with most sliders to maximum in most regions. I cut back autogen to half in others. I run P3D on a single 4K monitor and get 18-65fps depending. This is about the same performance I got with very few add-ons. P3Dv4 runs great if you are running all legit software. I rarely have crashes. I would never risk any hackware even just to try a product, lest it wrecks the enormous amount of work it took to put all this together. I just added a bunch (about 30) of Return to Misty Moorings (RTMM) sceneries as well as Tongass Fjords X a couple days ago. Performance is still excellent.

I firmly believe I could load another full suite of ORBX and still maintain the same performance. Gone are the days of 32bit OOM issues. P3D intelligently loads only relevant scenery for the region you are currently flying.  You can grow this platform to an enormous scale. I only expect that P3D 5.0 will be even better.

The way P3D is designed I don't think it has any upper limit of how much scenery it can manage. What impact performance is only the local scenery where you are currently flying and add-ons like weather, traffic,, and some higher end aircraft. Most addons have little to no impact that I could ever see. Except for a few poorly made overdone airports on the market that can really slam FPS.  Autogen can be a killer too if mixed with very complex scenery, but only while you are flying in a complex scenery area.  I never reach my memory limits on my MB or on my GPU. I rarely see my CPU or GPU max out either.

The main factor for running P3D smoothly today is a decent GPU and getting your CPU cores to the maximum speed you can. This is why a 5+ year old 4-core i7-4790K overclocked to 4.67Ghz on all cores is pretty much as good as the latest CPUs running at 5Ghz or so. And the 1080ti is still the best card for P3D v4.5. I found almost no difference in FPS running in 4K vs 1080p. In 4k there is also little to no need for anti-aliasing, thus reducing GPU workload.  Try as I might, I can find no justification to build a newer top of the line PC.

ORBX can keep right on designing new P3D sceneries, and as long as I am still alive I will keep buying them. BTW, did you ever wonder why ORBX removed the ability from FTX Central to load only limited regions at once? Because it doesn't matter anymore.

Keep flying and enjoy. There is no wall coming that will limit your fun. I continue to be blown away by the size of this community, which is what makes it possible to have such a great platform and great add-ons.  When I think back to when I flew MSFS 1.0 I find it very difficult to complain about anything in the current flight sim world. I never imagined we would have it so good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ArJunaBug said:

GSX Ground Services X Level 2 (which is word not allowed BTW)

What’s your opinion of gsx L2?....I don’t know if word not aloud is a good word or a bad word lol...

Edited by MaDDogz

Luke Pype

3 hours ago, Buffy Foster said:

Well that's just silly and false.

really 😂

1 hour ago, kurtb said:

really 😂

Be careful about making bold claims like that!  People will call you out on that!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

12 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

What’s your opinion of gsx L2?....I don’t know if word not aloud is a good word or a bad word lol...

It rarely ever works, as in almost never, as advertised. The idea that you are supposed to be able to replace jetways at an airport is a joke, even at their own airports.  If you manage to replace any or all jetways, which is unlikely, then the jetways will no longer work with AI aircraft. Since I have Ultimate traffic Live my airports are filled with AI traffic. They look silly when the jetway's don't ever move. Also, when parked at a stand the level 2 boarding and unboarding, which often doesn't do a thing, is really slow and passengers just trickle out at a snails pace.  I've never seen an aircraft IRL take that long to unload. I have to say, of the many thousands of dollars I have spent in add-ons the one that made me feel ripped off the most is GSX. When level 1 was word not allowed I hoped level 2 might fix it. Wrong!!!  There are other issues too.. Like sometimes the pushback leaves my aircraft constantly moving backwards unless I have the parking brake on. With the p0arking brake off and full thrust of the engines my aircraft still goes only backwards and I have to reload the flight. I don't even bother using it anymore.  Also, sometimes the ground marshal is 50 feet above the ground floating in mid-air. I've never as much trouble with any other add-on.  And when you report these issues at FSDreamTeam support site you get obnoxious, cocky, slithery answers that never address the issues.  I won't mention names, but there is only one.  It's always the user's fault, or "some other add-on" caused it.

As you can see, the word not allowed was a bad word.   🙂

Edited by ArJunaBug
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

The only reason that performance in TrueEarth GB South suffers is because of those 3DM files. If the autogen system in P3D was updated to provide developers with more flexible options, then ORBx could have used autogen exclusively (apart from the POI landmarks), and we would not have these issues. It's those 3D custom buildings that kill performance on anything other than Skynet based PCs. Have Lockheed Martin been informed that updating the autogen system in P3D is urgently needed?

That is where the problem lies, we are at the boundaries of the system and we need a change in the Autogen and LC system for that matter. Still based on the old Aces studio stuff.

André

23 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Connecting those 3DM building blocks to the SC slider is good ; FranceVFR does that too with large cities.

However, they let you use the complete SC slider instead of nothing - all...

Orbx could have even aldo choosen to use AG buildings instead of those 3D building blocks by checking a box inside the CP. So everyone with a less than NASA pc would be able to fly over London instead of stuttering over London.

As I also have Amsterdam and London, both PR + custom AG from another developer I can switch which gives better fps...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Personally, I would not want the 3DM files connected to the Scenery Complexity slider. Reducing the detail with this would affect other products at the same time, and I always run the simulator at Extremely Dense.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Personally, I would not want the 3DM files connected to the Scenery Complexity slider. Reducing the detail with this would affect other products at the same time, and I always run the simulator at Extremely Dense.

Then a seperate entry in the CP : 0-25-50-75-100%

Where the empty spots will be filled up by AG...

• Like 1