Sign in to follow this  
Amon1973

Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South Released for Prepar3D v4

13 minutes ago, ErichB said:

But waving your pom poms here is pointless.  

Having both sims i came to my own truth:

If you call the one sim a pile of whyisthiswordnotallowed you should face the truth that the other sim is also a pile of sosadthiswordisnotallowed, it only looks and smells different. If you can bear with a pile of pleaseunlockthiswordnotallowed you better should step back from flightsims and buy yourself a Playstation or XBox 😎

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I'm glad to know there are people out there who actually do have two or more sims installed and know their limitations and use them for what they are. By some of the comments here and on other forums, it would seem that using more than one sim is similar to cheating on your partner 🙂

I use P3D mainly for A2A/RealAir's stuff along with FranceVFR and ORBX's NZ/PNW scenery. I'm not a jetliner fan, and prefer GA. I'll keep it installed until such a time as I can use the same things in X-Plane or AF2. X-Plane is my go-to sim for everything else, and the sim that earns me money from development 🙂

1 hour ago, Capt Pugwash said:

I have uninstalled TrueEarth GB for now and after seeing Robs great comparison video..

Can I ask where this video is? Rob seems to have gone AWOL and nothing has been posted on his Youtube channel

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I'm glad to know there are people out there who actually do have two or more sims installed and know their limitations and use them for what they are. By some of the comments here and on other forums, it would seem that using more than one sim is similar to cheating on your partner 🙂

The point is money, Tony. I am now going to buy the same GB ORBX airports I bought for P3D once more for XP to complete TE GB. Even considering the 40% rebate, that's certainly good for Mr. Venema's wallet but not for mine. And UK2000 and others don't even provide a rebate. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 2/11/2019 at 2:45 AM, DellyPilot said:

For anyone struggling, I have after nearly 8 hours worked it out.

Incredibly it seems they only bothered to define 2 levels of Scenery Complexity. Sparse and Extremely Dense and nothing in between! 

@F737NG thanks for the tip that makes perfect sense because ORBX never bothered to create graduated levels of scenery complexity, so removing those types of building is like making your own 'inbetween' setting.

To run with NORMAL (= EXTREMELY DENSE) on even the fastest octa core PC you have to dial every other CPU setting down to 0...

If you go with SPARSE like I have now then you can put other Auto gen sliders up and still fly around London without stutters. The country side still looks nice.

Really poor from ORBX and not even helpful on their forums, just comments like 'oh you probably need to optimise Windows 10 and stop trying to max out your sliders' aimed at me from the CEO.

On 2/11/2019 at 12:24 AM, F737NG said:

Someone on the ORBX forums called MatthiasKNU has suggested disabling all scenery files that have *3DM* in their name. There are 30 of these files in the FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY folder. 

Doing this removes office-style buildings from city centres. While centres can look a bit sparse, POIs, warehouses and residential buildings remain. I got a 2-3 FPS bump on approach over London (using identical time, weather, AI and graphics settings as per my post below.

Thanks for sharing guys, this is very useful information and has informed my purchase decision. I am holding fire until Orbx have released a patch that provides properly graduated autogen density and P3Dv4.5 is released to fix long initial loading times; at that point I'll see what feedback is here and reassess. P3Dv4.4 certainly transformed my existing photographic/ortho scenery experience.

20 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I see that John Venema sets the Scenery Complexity to Dense for flights around London. What does this setting not display in TrueEarth GB South when compared to Extremely Dense?

See above quoted posts, basically nothing. It's either Extremely Dense or Sparse, there is no in between.

2 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

I have uninstalled TrueEarth GB...I purchased the Just Flight VFR Next Gen South... within a few mins I was flying my PMDG over it with no problems, fast/normal load times instead of 12 minutes! & absolutely no fps hit and interestingly the roads looked better/sharper than TrueEarth GB...

To summerise my thoughts... TrueEarth Gb is very detailed and colours / water masks far better than JF next gen...but...I like the JF next gen as it is a very good ‘halfway house’ that allows me to do vfr in UK in proper and also allows me to use my PMDG kit with no issues....

I do hope P3DV4.5 helps with the performance issues in TEGB, but until then I will keep it, but not use it.

Apparently a fix for the stupidly long loading times for photo scenery is being implemented in to P3Dv4.5. Because I suffer that with my existing Horizon VFR X. Obviously the performance issues of TrueEarth GB rely on Orbx providing graduated autogen settings.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I generally run Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density at Extremely Dense setting, so (for better or worse) that is what I will be starting with when I check out TrueEarth GB South on my PC. We will just have to wait and see if this results in a mushroom cloud over southern Cumbria....

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

We will just have to wait and see if this results in a mushroom cloud over southern Cumbria...

Just have the firemen on standby.. :wink:

S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have been an Orbx customer since the beginning and have a very large number of their products. As a jet flyer 95% of the time I bought their Netherlands scenery and was impressed by it, but disappointed to find that flying out of FlyTampa EHAM with a PMDG heavy, plus AS, became impossible. So it has been archived. I have the latest Netherlands 2000 version which works flawlessly with P3Dv4.4 with outstanding photo real rendition, and some 3D objects (optional). So photo-real scenery is the only way for me while flying at 30000+ levels. Not having every building, barns, etc. is of little concern as long as the airports and surrounding areas are reasonably realistic. I love their products but their attempts at True Earth are not for me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

ICan I ask where this video is? Rob seems to have gone AWOL and nothing has been posted on his Youtube channel

I think its this one. He just needs to stop looking at his FPS^^

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/167990-p3d-v44-te-gb-south-performance-problems/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, cyberpilot said:

P3D4 is no longer fit for purpose.

Very silly. Can we not try to turn this into a bash P3D thread. As an example of how detailed and extreme TEGB scenery density is: 

https://imgur.com/0lBuy8Q 

https://imgur.com/J3qjYB2 

https://imgur.com/TKTiASp 

So in the last pic from Sidcup I can see the Emirates and then houses some 10NM north of the Emirates! The P3D engine is brilliant and can do all this at a very high framerate, flying 15 NM from London I consistently see 30-60fps at 4k.

But its trying to do too much in this scenery and so it doesn't have enough headroom, making big turns where the engine has to flush and reload textures and vast numbers of (mostly unseen) scenery and autogen, probably with only 1 core.

A more realistic LOD and scenery density from ORBX would reduce this problem at virtually zero visual quality loss. XP does not display anywhere near this LOD or density (on my PC anyway) and this is one reasons it doesn't stutter.

Also LM can improve the logic for flushing/reloading objects from the buffer, my RAM and VRAM are not maxed out yet doing a circuit at EGCL I see significant stuttering as (complex) objects come in and out of view, something isn't right, even locking at 15FPS where the CPU is barely stressed it stutters. Perhaps its a texture throughput limit but I doubt it the 2080TI is a beast.

Even if LM could add a dynamic 'target framerate' feature to throttle object counts but fade them in when there is headroom would instantly solve most of these problems. Many games have this feature now so its not that hard to implement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

3 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

I have uninstalled TrueEarth GB for now and after seeing Robs great comparison video...I purchased the Just Flight VFR Next Gen South...I was not expecting miracles from it, but within a few mins I was flying my PMDG over it with no problems, fast/normal load times instead of 12 minutes! & absolutely no fps hit and interestingly the roads looked better/sharper than TrueEarth GB...

I then tried it vfr from Shoreham to Goodwood and onto Orbx Southampton airport and yet gain, no stutters & stable fps.

To summerise my thoughts... TrueEarth Gb is very detailed and colours / water masks far better than JF next gen...but...I like the JF next gen as it is a very good ‘halfway house’ that allows me to do vfr in UK in proper and also allows me to use my PMDG kit with no issues....also it blends with all my UK2000 & Orbx airports perfectly…

I do hope P3DV4.5 helps with the performance issues in TEGB, but until then I will keep it, but not use it.

JF vfr next gen is probably what I will use for the time being, it has a configurator panel and all the autogen levels are also scalable/usable as you need them to be via P3D settings, which is not currently the case with my TEGB, it’s all or nothing with autogen currently.

Just my 2 cents chaps...Got fed up tweaking again and jumped on the JF VFR Next Gen out of shear frustration, glad I did, its far from perfect, and I know it’s not at Orbx True Earth’s level of detail but at least it’s flyable with high end airliners and very vfr usable without crashing the sim 👍

You can also use the UK VFR PR underground + Orbx objects ....

Then you will have better fps..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Why would using another version of photoscenery with exactly the same 1.2m per pixel resolution result in superior framerates? If anything, I would expect photoscenery that has been exclusively designed to run in P3D v4 to be better optimised.... :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Why would using another version of photoscenery with exactly the same 1.2m per pixel resolution result in superior framerates? If anything, I would expect photoscenery that has been exclusively designed to run in P3D v4 to be better optimised.... :huh:

If you have it you can try it.

For the Netherlands I tried with MSE NL ( 10 Gb ) and got 30% more fps.

PR scenery is PR scenery . FranceVFR is recompiling their products in 64 bit and I have tested PACA 1. Not 1 fps more than with my 32 bit version...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

18 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

As far as I understand, the difference isn't in the resolution of ground textures but e.g. the relation of bespoke buildings to pure autogen. That's where ORBX TE GB excels - and struggles.

Another factor might be compression of aerials by different means and/or ratios.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, pmb said:

The point is money, Tony. I am now going to buy the same GB ORBX airports I bought for P3D once more for XP to complete TE GB. Even considering the 40% rebate, that's certainly good for Mr. Venema's wallet but not for mine. And UK2000 and others don't even provide a rebate. 

Kind regards, Michael

Yes, and because Orbx being the charity that it is, will gladly spend $$$ doing the airport porting work and give it away for free, while other FS companies charge again for versions between FSX or P3D 1/2/3/4, let alone between P3D and XP11. /sarcasm_off

4 hours ago, simbol said:

XP will not display any content unless it is PBR, this means the same developer is developing the same add-on using PBR standards for XP but it will not do so for P3D, why is this? because FSX.

Absolute nonsense! You can create scenery and airports for XP11 that do not use PBR. In fact, most of the thousands of default XP11 gateway airports do NOT use PBR.

2 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Thanks for sharing guys, this is very useful information and has informed my purchase decision. I am holding fire until Orbx have released a patch that provides properly graduated autogen density and P3Dv4.5 is released to fix long initial loading times; at that point I'll see what feedback is here and reassess. P3Dv4.4 certainly transformed my existing photographic/ortho scenery experience.

See above quoted posts, basically nothing. It's either Extremely Dense or Sparse, there is no in between.

Apparently a fix for the stupidly long loading times for photo scenery is being implemented in to P3Dv4.5. Because I suffer that with my existing Horizon VFR X. Obviously the performance issues of TrueEarth GB rely on Orbx providing graduated autogen settings.

If you read some of the explanations being offered at the orbx forums you would understand that TE GB does not use autogen for a lot of the 3D building which make the sliders a bit redundant. They are working on a control panel to offer tuning of the scenery.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fta2017 said:

Absolute nonsense! You can create scenery and airports for XP11 that do not use PBR. In fact, most of the thousands of default XP11 gateway airports do NOT use PBR.

Interesting.  I thought XP11 was all PBR by default.