Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

Weird EZCA Security Message

Not verified - could be a false positive.

Security_001.PNG

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

From what I remember EZCA always pos up as a trojan since the early days.

Never really figured out if it's a false or not.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Simulators of ESP-platform (MS FSX and LM Prepar3D) do not provide all functions for communication with offside applications
through their own module Simconnect, which are required for proper operation of all functions installed in EZCA3.
This is why EZCA3 performs some actions via direct access to the simulator memory in order to implement the given functions.
Such behavior of EZCA3 is interpreted by many antiviruses as viral activity, and files as EZCA.exe, physicengine.dll can be
blocked or removed to carantin.  
This is why we highly recommend you to add the folder where the program is located:
C:\Program Files\EZCA3\ - into your antivirus exceptions

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

The signature was found in the executable.  

Cheers
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 2/15/2019 at 1:14 PM, bean_sprout said:

The signature was found in the executable.  

Cheers
bs

I have found some vendors in the past have released software with embedded Trojans.  How do you confirm if this warning is real or not?  One must be careful, if you google for information on the executable you may be redirected to "hoax" websites which will trick you into disabling, or deleting, key Window's OCX's, executables, or dll's.  Or certain cookies, ,passwords you have saved, or browser helper objects.  I call this "Paranoia Malware" which is used to trick you into paying for their suggested Malware or Trojan defense programs, even the supposedly free ones, which can frustrate gamers and slow or hobble systems that have run well up to that point. 

There is a certain perverse psychology that goes into many system scanners, they use paranoia and false positives to get you to pay one way or another.   I recommend sticking with the basics bundled with the Windows OS, and use the free BitDefender which was recommended to me here and has worked miracles on annoying messages that Adblock cannot catch. 

Finally, turn off session restore in Firefox or your browser if you can, because if you by chance get hit with one of their hostage taking messages, you will get stuck in an endless loop with your browser, hard to break out of.  Session restore IMHO is one of the worst features a browser can have, because we all can mistype a url and these, well I call them what comes out of our bottom, I will leave it at that, they grab mispellings of urls and write ransomware to catch you.  And IMHO, ransomware is what essentially many "Antivirus" programs are.  It begs the question, which came first, the chicken or the egg? 

Are some of these signatures embedded in programs via the Window's registry, which I do not use in the programs I release, in order to make us to keep paying out the yazzooo to chase the tail of the devil?  So as the Jedi say, may the Force be with you and if you see the Dark side, just know it is there no matter what we do and accept that it is there, and move on with your simming and not give in to cyberterrorism..  This is 40 years of information technology experience talking, which I do not have alone, any of us who had our first jobs in the mid to late 70's, or even during WWII, have shared in this knowledgebase, both former enemies and friends

John.

P.S.  For your own reading entertainment, I highly recommend to all reading the book "The Cuckoo's Egg" by Cliff Stoll.   It is a classic book about cyber terrorism and the way we can manually defeat by understanding the logic of the cyberterrorist and not falling into the pit of becoming hackers ourselves.  If you follow his advice, which I have, his book taught me Unix before I ever had to use it in the workplace, and taught me the Internet before it became what it is today, you will never lose your system to Trojans, Malware, etc.... Or fall for the paranoia spinners hoaxes that circulate on the web..

https://www.lawfareblog.com/cybersecurity-1989-looking-back-cliff-stolls-classic-cuckoos-egg

Edited by John_Cillis