Sign in to follow this  
Pitter

RC does not load any flight plan anymore

Hi

since the last scenery rebuilt RC does not load any flt plan anymore.

When I click "load Flt plan" in the upper left corner, the flt plan window shows only  "to @0 (Alt1- , Alt2-) /  *RVSM" and if I  clicking "Start RC" I get

a FSUIPC warning "cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient.

New FSUIPC installation did not help.

Any help very welcome

Peter

Peter, the action of rebuilding the scenery database will not cause that problem. Something else must have changed.

Check you still have permissions to the folder containing your plans. You also need write access to the main P3D folder.

Is RC4 installed on the same PC as P3D or via WideFS?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, tks for your quick response.

Checked the folder, all unchanged. I re-installed RC over the existing one, no luck. Same fault as before.

I'm not the pc guru, but for me it looks that the failure is somewhere else, not inside RC.

The last couple of days I installed ORBX Global, and 3 LC, plus 2 freeware airports 2 days later.

After the ORBX installation I did a couple of flights, all normal. 

And yesterday I re-installed Eaglesoft Citx. Later on the problem start. I cannot think that the Citx demaged my RC,

but I will uninstall that and let you know.

Peter

All FSX, no more P3Dv3

Edited by Pitter

Peter,

No need to uninstall aircraft or reinstall RC4. The problem is elsewhere.

Check you're running the latest versions of FSUIPC4 and MakeRunways. Then run MakeRunways (essential after adding new scenery) and try again.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, sorry for coming late.

So, as you suggested, new FSUIPC as well as new MakeRunways. Executed MakeRunways, created a new fltpln,

started RC: nothing, same fault as before. (here you can see a pic of it https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/430017-simbrief-fsxpln-files-and-rc4/.

After Makerunways I checked the "Data" folder within RC4 and there are no *5.xxx files in there. Only  *4.csv.

Acc to the readme file inside Makerunways there should be some others. Maybe that's  the prob.

Peter

Peter.

What am I meant to be looking at in the link you provided?

Are you running RC4 on the same computer as FSX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,  yes FSX and RC4,  no more P3Dv3

The link was only for the pic, to show you how it looks when I try to load a plan into RC. Maybe that makes it more clear to you.

Peter

Peter, I’m not asking about P3D. I’m asking if you run RC4 on the same computer as FSX?

What picture am I meant to be looking at?

What program do you use to generate your flight plans?

I’ll post details of the files that are updated by Make Runways tomorrow.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

yes I'm running FSX and RC4 on the same computer

Forget about the pic

Normally FSC10, for longer flights Simbrief and sometimes OFP (Online Flight Planner)

Peter, okay so everything is running on one PC. Good. That keeps things simple.

Look in your RC4\data folder. After a database rebuild you should have a new a4.csv, c4.csv and r4.csv.

When you load a plan in RC4 the c4.csv should have a new date modified time. In the window to the left of Start RC you should see your plan with both airport ICAOs and waypoints. If you don't then there's something wrong with the formatting of the plan. I don't have FSX to be able to check what is the correct formatting. But the manual will advise as it was written for FSX.

After selecting Start RC you should see a SimConnect window with the first two waypoints followed by options for Clearance and Wx Brief.

That's assuming you're flying IFR.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

rebuilding Database: a4.csv as well as r4.csv getting new timestamp.  c4.csv unchanged!!

When loading fltplan into RC4, (.plan) I get only the to @0 (Alt1- , Alt2-)/ *RVSM . 

No Plan is loaded. I tried xxx-xxx as well as xxxxxx, Also changed the path to the fltplan to be loaded and tried plans

made from FSC10, OFP and Simbrief. All same result.  Pushing now, even he did not find/load a plan, the PB

"Start RC" then again that external warning "Cannot link to FSUIPC or WideClient

Peter

Peter,

Please provide a link to your flight plan.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Pitter, that link is returning a 403 error.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I do not know what that problem now is.I copy and paste the link from my mail inbox.

If I click on the link within my mailbox, then it is working.

Do you have anything where i can sent the mail?

Peter