Sign in to follow this  
Pitter

RC does not load any flight plan anymore

Ray,

try this:   right click the link, save link address, open a new browser window, paste the link inside, a web.de notification comes up, wait a second and you have the file

Peter

12 minutes ago, Pitter said:

Ray,

try this:   right click the link, save link address, open a new browser window, paste the link inside, a web.de notification comes up, wait a second and you have the file

Peter

I've replied to your PM. That link came up with a website all in German so it was dificult to know what to do.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

first of all thank you very very much for your help. The solution you gave me is a little bit hard to undersstand for me.

But I will try.

One more question: the pic, which you attached, is that a screenshot of your "rcv4x\Data" folder??  If so, I do not

have them all. I have only *4.** files. Can that be the problem? Because those 3 fltplan are from 3 diff sources,

like FSC10, OFP and Simbrief which I use since years without prob.

Peter

Hello Peter,

Can you list the four files you have please. Maybe something important is missing.

Let’s make sure you have all the files you need first before we go any further.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

you are my HERO. You found the prob and, inportant, you give me also the solution. A very very big thank you for that.

Flt plan without changing anything is only Simbrief. FSC10 shows Win crlf but only utf8 and can be converted to utf8bom,

So OnlineFlightPlanner,  I was unable to convert. But no prob at all,leave them away.

Here my files in "rcv4x\Data"  a4, c4, f4, m4, n4, p4, r4, s4, z4. All cvs.

Once more thank you very much, RC4 is back

Peter

Hi Peter,

That's good to hear. The encoding of the plan is extremely important. Get it wrong and it causes lots of problems with RC4. Some planners like PFPX do the conversion correctly but I have no experience of FSC10 or Simbrief.

If RC4 is operating properly then those files will be fine. Just remember the golden rule. Every time you add or remove airports you must run the database update and makerunways.

Happy flying! 😀

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather