Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Anyone know what might set traffic slider to 100%

5 hours ago, simbol said:

No UTL doesn't change the traffic sliders, it injects traffic via SimConnet so this would be counter productive.

It must be something else, maybe AIGAIM?

I've not installed or run AIGAIM on that PC. I've generated all the traffic files on my test PC, which isn't using UTlive, only MT6 previously and now the AIGM traffic. I do have all the files and the correct AddOns.XML file(s) ready to install on the cockpit PC though, but not till afterr I've randomised the % values.

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don’t know any command that can increase traffic to 100% but there is the capability in UTL to increase and decrease the traffic % with keyboard commands. I have a couple of GoFlight buttons assigned for that action. CTRL+Shift+F9 and CTRL+Shift+F11.

Maybe there’s an option in there to increase it to max and you have something assigned to it by accident.

Those deal with the UTLive traffic levels, not the P3D traffic slider which is the one being moved to 100%

5 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Pete, what is it set for your default flight?

Traffic-wise, you mean?  I don't think traffic levels are stored in flights nor set by them. When starting up the P3D4 traffic slider should be at zero, the way it is set in the Prepar3D.CFG file. I don't realised it's been moved to 100% when i notice the immense amout of traffic and the poor frame rates!

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

I can't honestly see any sense in restricting P3D to four cores.

It just looked good when I tried it initially -- all 4 were being used equally and none at 100% At least that's what is was like in my first test. Wasn't the same with other tests. Anyway, this is way off topic. It was only incidental in explaining why I stopped using SimStarter.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

51 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Those deal with the UTLive traffic levels, not the P3D traffic slider which is the one being moved to 100%

Pete

It wasn’t clear what you were referring to as both P3D and UTL can both reach 100%.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Anyway, this is way off topic. It was only incidental in explaining why I stopped using SimStarter.

Of course it's not the primary topic, why no need to mention as I said, not directed at you. However you did like to mention that you've been mucking around with core counts but appear to be unsure how to go about it in your description, and so I see that as just as valid a question - therefor I've attempted to explain how you and any others can find the sweetspot by observing the proper procedures. In that post I mentioned you might be better off with six or seven reserve three for the other stuff.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Perchance are alternate configs being loaded i.e. Profiles in P3D's Display Global settings?

Profiles do store traffic config info ([TrafficManager]) which can be different between profiles.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, Rogen said:

Perchance are alternate configs being loaded i.e. Profiles in P3D's Display Global settings?

No, no profiles ever used.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Pete

Have you tried deleting your Prepar3d.cfg file, and letting P3D build a new one? A long shot, but worth a try.....

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Have you tried deleting your Prepar3d.cfg file, and letting P3D build a new one? A long shot, but worth a try.....

Yes, and also restored from a backup. I'm sure it is some addon doing it, not P3D itself.

I can of course get over the consequences by simply disabling MyTraffic when I'm not intending to use it. Then the 100% setting has no effect. But it is annoying so I will embark upon a process of elimination on the add-ons.

Pete

Pete,

I guess we will need a list of all your add-on's to catch the culprit.

For your information there is a SimConnet command that alter the traffic levels values and it leaves it saved for the next run of P3D.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, simbol said:

For your information there is a SimConnet command that alter the traffic levels values and it leaves it saved for the next run of P3D.

Yes I know. It is used by the assignable FSUIPC controls for traffic level reset/restore and via some FSUIPC offsets. This was done by a hack into the code before it was added to SimConnect.

I can easily fix it by having a small Lua plug-in which resets the Traffic slider to 0 when FSUIPC starts, or later when "ready to fly". But I will be checking which adon is doing it anyway. 😉

Pete

It can't be too hard to switch off half your addons to find the culprit? I always say strip back the sim if it does something unfamiliar.

8 hours ago, SteveW said:

It can't be too hard to switch off half your addons to find the culprit? I always say strip back the sim if it does something unfamiliar.

That's part of my process of elimination, the same as I do to find problem sceneries. (Though that used to be a lot easier when it was only SCENERY.CFG to deal with). 

But there is a further problem with any process. The phenomenon is not consistent. it might happen several starts in a row, then not at all for several starts. I've been trying to keep a log of what might have happened beforehand so I could narrow it down that way. It only started happening recently, so i need to look at things I've updated or installed recently. More the former I think.

Pete

I understand. What I do if something odd starts happening is fly with only half the 'accoutrements' , targeting the likely candidates, and wait till it errors. If it calms down I can then look at half the stuff I removed earlier, and so on. 

The usual suspects for issues that present themselves erratically are interfering background processes and SimConnect "traffic jams". I find that the sibling utilities Process Explorer and Process Monitor can help with the former. A SimConnect logging session can occasionally help with the latter.

SimConnect logging can be made with an .ini in the P3D docs folder:

"C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files"

example SimConnect.ini:

[SimConnect]
	level=Verbose
	console=0
	file=C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\SimConnect%01u.Log
	file_max_index=9
	[Panels]
	GaugeDevDebug=1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

SimConnect logging can be made with an .ini in the P3D docs folder:

"C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files"

example SimConnect.ini:

[SimConnect]
	level=Verbose
	console=0
	file=C:\Users\[YOU]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\SimConnect%01u.Log
	file_max_index=9
	[Panels]
	GaugeDevDebug=1

Ahh I didn't know this..!! thanks Steve.

S.

• Like 1