Sign in to follow this  
mkjordan

British Airways 747 400 BOAC Livery

Hi, is anyone out there working on the historic BOAC livery that British airways are promising soon for one of their 747 400s?

I did one about a week ago. It's in the avsim library. Search for BOAC and order by date.

And, they want you to include your name if posting in the PMDG support forums...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, mkjordan said:

Hi, is anyone out there working on the historic BOAC livery that British airways are promising soon for one of their 747 400s?

Welcome to the forums, please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

G-BYGC will be in the Operations Center in her new colors shortly as well

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks I found it 😀

Sorry I didn't know about a signiture, I'm new to this forum & I always get lost in Avsim, I'll see if I can find out how to do it.

Martin Jordan

On 2/9/2019 at 10:39 PM, John_Tavendale said:

I'll be doing it.. but need to see the real world livery first.

Will wait patiently for your classy work, John.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:38 PM, Olympic260 said:

G-BYGC will be in the Operations Center in her new colors shortly as well

Gents, It's there!  Thanks PMDG!

• Like 1

PMDG G-BYGC in ops centre is missing some textures, BOAC markings on engine nacelles and "100" motive to rear of fuselage...sure they will rectify.... 

Edited by Peter Evans

This is curious, because the PMDG G-BYGC looks virtually identical to the original artist's drawing on BA's own press release and that didn't show the BOAC markings on the engine nacelles or the "100" motif either, but then the drawing did have one of the BA ribbons the wrong way round.  It will be interesting to see some photos of the actual aircraft, because I would expect it to have a RR decal on each of the four engine cowlings as well.   

15 hours ago, Peter Evans said:

PMDG G-BYGC in ops centre is missing some textures, BOAC markings on engine nacelles and "100" motive to rear of fuselage...sure they will rectify.... 

The livery was made from the initial drawing. These features were not present there. The livery has been updated now that we have the actual photos and will be ready in the Operations Center by the end of this week.

Chris Makris

Nice work.

Is this the repaint that will be in the Operations Centre by the end of this week, mentioned by Olympic 260 above?

Bernard Walford

4 minutes ago, walfob said:

Nice work.

Is this the repaint that will be in the Operations Centre by the end of this week, mentioned by Olympic 260 above?

No the one mentioned above by John is a 3rd party one.

Chris Makris

On 2/19/2019 at 6:11 AM, Olympic260 said:

The livery was made from the initial drawing. These features were not present there. The livery has been updated now that we have the actual photos and will be ready in the Operations Center by the end of this week.

I apologise if this is going off topic, but will liveries of the other Retrojet 747-400s that have been planned by BA (a Landor Associates livery and a Negus and Negus/'Union Jack' Livery) be made and included in the PMDG OC too?