Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[09FEB19] Happy Birthday!: The Queen's 50th and BA's 100th.

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

a former PAA bird

I was always a big Pan Am fan and it was a sad day in aviation when they went tango uniform. 

Grace and Peace, 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

3 hours ago, jgoggi said:

It's based on logical reasoning, real life pilots and technicians opinions, other very realistic sims and also on my previous experience as aeronautical engineer and flight test engineer… So, I thought twice or thrice before reporting it, even because, of course, and I repeat it, it's a pain for me and less than desirable when I find out issues… 

Are you even a private pilot - let alone a commercial pilot - with a valid opinion?  It’s great you have an opinion but without any legitimacy to back it up - well - you come off like a pigeon. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jgoggi said:

It's based on logical reasoning, real life pilots and technicians opinions, other very realistic sims and also on my previous experience as aeronautical engineer and flight test engineer… So, I thought twice or thrice before reporting it, even because, of course, and I repeat it, it's a pain for me and less than desirable when I find out issues… 

Just let it go mate and move on.

Regards.

Zdenek  Cebis

12 hours ago, AirCanada235 said:

Are you even a private pilot - let alone a commercial pilot - with a valid opinion?  It’s great you have an opinion but without any legitimacy to back it up - well - you come off like a pigeon. 

So you think his opinion is only valid if he is an important enough person in your eyes? That point of view is becoming disturbingly common on this forum, but could I just point out that this is an internet forum. If I claimed to be Joe Sutter would that make my opinions any more legitimate? After all, you can't prove I am not him (despite the fact he died in 2016).

'Opinion', in its normal English usage, is a statement in the absence of evidence. Something "not necessarily based on fact or knowledge" but not necessarily to the exclusion of fact either. James presented a verifiable fact (if you do this then that happens) along with an opinion (it was supposed to do the something else). That opinion would be stronger if it was supported with evidence (expected behavior according to such and such a document).  You have presented an opinion "he is not important enough for me to listen to". Now who do you think comes off like a turkey? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow- so many offered opinions... on a thread celebrating the 747 & BA...

Ah well, I just had to proffer my thoughts ON THE SUBJECT....

1xBVnPr.jpg

Ta Pete- she's grand mate!

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Wow- so many offered opinions... on a thread celebrating the 747 & BA...

Does it mean I'm old when I can remember parking next to a BOAC Cargo B707 in this livery? 🤣

Grace and Peace, 

• Like 2

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Nope- if that the case you’re JUST RIGHT in my book 🙂

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

16 hours ago, Bluestar said:

Does it mean I'm old when I can remember parking next to a BOAC Cargo B707 in this livery?

Nope!  You can count yourself old (and I hope retired!) if you were actually there flying the BOAC Cargo B707 in this livery. 😊

On 2/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, jgoggi said:

On the other hand, I think you at PMDG have the possibility to access a "real" 747 simulator. In that case it's easy, just put the 747 on the runway threshold, advance the throttles to XX% N1 and see what N1 does as the airplane accelerates along the runway... 

A "real" 747 simulator should be regarded as a sophisticated computer on stilts and never as a 100% accurate substitute for the real aircraft.  "Zero Flight Time" simulators are admittedly very good these days, but they do have their imperfections and cannot be guaranteed to perform exactly like the real aircraft under all conditions.  The late D.P. Davies (author of Handling the Big Jets and a former ARB Chief Test Pilot) is reported to have once said that a simulator should not be made easier to fly than the real aircraft.

It is very easy to forget how good the PMDG (and other addon aircaft and scenery) products are when compared to what was available only a few years ago.  However, there is no such thing as perfect software, so Instead of simply moaning and complaining about PMDG bugs in these forums, I believe we should do as PMDG asks and send them a support ticket and also try and be a little more constructive and positive in how we report or share them with each other here.  

23 minutes ago, berts said:

, I believe we should do as PMDG asks and send them a support ticket and also try and be a little more constructive and positive in how we report or share them with each other here.  

And enjoy the 9X,Y percent that works great.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, berts said:

Nope!  You can count yourself old (and I hope retired!) if you were actually there flying the BOAC Cargo B707 in this livery. 😊

A "real" 747 simulator should be regarded as a sophisticated computer on stilts and never as a 100% accurate substitute for the real aircraft.  "Zero Flight Time" simulators are admittedly very good these days, but they do have their imperfections and cannot be guaranteed to perform exactly like the real aircraft under all conditions.  The late D.P. Davies (author of Handling the Big Jets and a former ARB Chief Test Pilot) is reported to have once said that a simulator should not be made easier to fly than the real aircraft.

It is very easy to forget how good the PMDG (and other addon aircaft and scenery) products are when compared to what was available only a few years ago.  However, there is no such thing as perfect software, so Instead of simply moaning and complaining about PMDG bugs in these forums, I believe we should do as PMDG asks and send them a support ticket and also try and be a little more constructive and positive in how we report or share them with each other here.  

Bertie-

I’ve long been a fan of your stated positions (as well as those of Davies and Stewart). Thanks for helping bring back a modicum of propriety to this fora- which has been particularly rabid as of late.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, berts said:

I believe we should do as PMDG asks and send them a support ticket and also try and be a little more constructive and positive in how we report or share them with each other here.  

I think I have been more than constructive. Further, a ticket is already open.

• Like 1

James Goggi

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I’ve long been a fan of your stated positions (as well as those of Davies and Stewart). Thanks for helping bring back a modicum of propriety to this fora- which has been particularly rabid as of late. 

Likewise Carl and I agree with Marc's comment too.  Thanks also for the PMDG screenshot of the QOTS II in BOAC colors; they look good and not a bit out of date even allowing for the fact they were long gone before the B744 flew with BA.

Edited by berts

Will it be possible to use my own repaints with PBR "out of the box", or do i have to create them again? I red that there will be a new paintkit. 

19 minutes ago, maukro_1990 said:

Will it be possible to use my own repaints with PBR "out of the box", or do i have to create them again? I red that there will be a new paintkit. 

Depends on how much "bare" metal exist on your repaints. In most cases you would not need to make any changes or minor changes will be needed.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

1 minute ago, Olympic260 said:

Depends on how much "bare" metal exist on your repaints. In most cases you would not need to make any changes or minor changes will be needed.

Okay, thank you. For example: There is no need to do changes with Lufthansa liveries, right? There is noch bare metal, actually 😉