Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

GoFlight battery light still on with C&D cockpit

I am assigning commands for the 737 to my GoFlight units to minimise the need to use the mouse.

I program them using the SDK via FSUIPC5.ini. With battery, standby power and emergency power all off and no GND power the battery light on the GoFlight unit should be off. But it stays on.

The switch is programmed via the GoFlight software to battery but with all systems off I don’t understand why the light stays on.

Have I overlooked a system which is still providing power?

There is a command in P3D for master battery on/off but despite assigning a keyboard command to that the light still stays on.

I’m baffled.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The solution was very simple. Just remove the battery command for that switch in GoFlight software.

I did think it would mean the LED wouldn't illuminate but fortunately it does. 😀👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Removing the Battery command in the GoFlight software didn’t fix the problem. The LED doesn’t come on at all now even when the PMDG Battery is on.

Very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Think I've nailed it. Loaded the C&D panel state and that seems to have fixed it. The battery switch now stays in sync with the overhead and the LED light comes on and off correctly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Good job Ray! I was watching your thread wondering what the issue was but didn't comment as I had no ideas as I don't have any similar gear. Glad you enjoying this classic plane! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hi Russell,

I was premature thinking I had solved the problem. Even with a C&D flight saved with all power off the battery led on my GoFlight T8 comes on when loading that flight.

I think the only way around this is to use PollyPot GIT and lose the GoFlight config flies.

Do you just use the mouse for everything? Hardware does make it more enjoyable. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Russell,

I was premature thinking I had solved the problem. Even with a C&D flight saved with all power off the battery led on my GoFlight T8 comes on when loading that flight.

I think the only way around this is to use PollyPot GIT and lose the GoFlight config flies.

Do you just use the mouse for everything? Hardware does make it more enjoyable. 😉

OH sorry Ray, what exact hardware is it you are using? As regards only using the mouse good lord no I agree hardware much more fun! I currently use good ol ch yoke, Saitek pedals and Saitek trim wheel and throttles (3 levers). 

I often lustily eye up realistic 737 gear such as MCP, EFIS, Radio and Throttle Quadrants. It takes great will power not to get them. I use fsuipc and Linda for programming buttons and keys I only wish I had MORE hardware to program! Envy you for the GoFlight hardware they are one of the manufacturers whose websites I often peruse. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I treated myself to a bunch of GoFlight units back in October 2003 and they're still going strong. They are housed in a desktop unit with a small footprint. You should consider getting some. But now is not the ideal time as they've just sold to new owners and stock is depleted.

Rather than click the fuel switch on the centre console I flick a GoFlight switch. Much better. And I've programmed all the de-ice switches (wing, engine and window heat) to a single GoFlight switch using FSUIPC5 and the PMDG SDK.

Go on, treat yourself when they have a new website. It's a long term investment.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Maybe when the house repairs are done (if ever!) I will rewards myself with an MCP. Probably the 737 although I like them all. I don't fly VNAV/LNAV so use the MCP a lot and would say humbly I've mastered it in all the PMDG jets (my criteria years ago was I had to master it to buy one before the repairs needed doing!). Of course if it's the 737 I'd need a radio panel too as I use VOR/ADF pretty much exclusively. Then again, there is a new plane maybe in the works from the JetMasters(TM)? NOT a boring hobby this one, so much to look forward to!

Thanks for the advice on their transition. A treat would be nice. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Russell,

Rather than try and describe it I thought I'd post a photo. With Nav and Com radio units it's really useful not to have to access the central radio stack. I couldn't live without my GoFlight units and with the desktop unit being able to hold up to 7 units it's brilliant.

I'm surprised to hear you don't fly LNAV and VNAV.

Ray_Setup.gif?dl=0

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So many switches I love it! Did you label them yourself? If so that's a neat job. Desktop organization is important for me and that stack does the job nicely. You've put ideas in my head sir.... 

I USED to fly vnav/lnav until I was itching to actually do something during flight. It started with me descending early to avoid drag messages, then manually adding holds enroute for same reason or to admire scenery, then flying parallel route offsets to avoid weather. It wasn't much further then to be practicing circuits and touch and go's as described in the fcom to eventually deciding to fly an entire route without actually putting a route in the fms at all. You just need departure and arrival airports and ONE route way point. I put the departure runway in and the straight in landing runway with no procedure except 10 mile lineup. A straight in means I descend in time whatever the actual runway in use is. I flew VOR ADF all the the time in my early GA days simming with the Real Air Dukes and A2A Pipers. It's like there's a whole other aircraft inside that 737 waiting to be discovered. The twin NDs work great with 2 Nav radios you can even fly the FO Nav 2 with the AP 2 so switching between radials is easy as pie.

My ideal airport is one with an ADF, VOR and ILS. The ADF points to the airport at all times, I just approach the VOR then at 3 dme make the outward turn. The chart tells me where to do a procedure turn and then I'm coming back in with the ILS on ND1. The deceleration, flap and gear routines are 2nd nature to me so I'm stable by VOR LOC. 

If an airport is RNAV only I will enter it in the FMC and use it as a back up if I can't do a visual landing. This plane is so easy to fly with the MCP. 

Anyway my enthusiasm is running away with me I'm off to do a manual nav flight in the 747 now. Can't beat the dual radio and CRS knob in the 737 though. 

Try a couple of touch and go's when you get a chance Ray. Great practice for the flap, gear and speed work I mentioned and it's cool looking out of the window preparing for base turn like we would do in the ol Cessna! I like shuttle flights too where you have 2 airports 20 miles from each other so you can fly visual by hand the whole way. It's a joy I tells ya! 

The 737 by PMDG is a black hole of fun.. Time seems to stop and the plane swallow you up! 

To confirm, did you fix that light issue for sure? Sorry I got sidetracked! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

GoFlight supply magnetic labels to make the job easy. But they only cover the basics so there’s nothing for GND PWR. I substitute another suitable command. All in all it’s a good system and very well built.

I only do go-arounds when instructed by Radar Contact, my ATC program with an Ai still on the runway. Fortunately that doesn’t happen very often.

Just as well you don’t fly for a real airline with that style of navigation. 😁

No, the battery light still comes on when loading a C&D save.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather