Sign in to follow this  
Jerrivelr

How to update GNS 530 database?

Hi everyone,

It is a possible way to update the GNS 530 database to current? because the one that I have is from 2009.

• Like 1

Please click the link below to see a list of already posted topics here in the RXP/X-Plane/GNS area and look through the topics and take time to read the topics related to your question.  There are related topics on pages 1, 2, 3 and perhaps even further into  the list of X-plane/GNS topics. 

You will find other related topics in the RXP/FSX-P3D/GNS support pages, understanding that nav database update questions are really not simulator-specific.  Nor are they at this time RXP specific.

Please understand that most of us prefer not to answer the same questions time after time.  Unfortunately the answer has not changed.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/782-rxp-gns-530w430w-v2/

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

you may want to start in the 'Database Update' discussion which as the name implies...

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@turner112 I'm not sure to 'sense' the tone of your post, whether being mocking or factual. Either way, although the short answer is yes, you can bet the next question will be: then how to? Better read the full answer directly then isn't it?

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jen-Luc,

my response is factual.

This question is asked over and over. The OP here received lots of instructions on where to go look, and no answers.

While there might be a simple answer, such as "yes, you can update this in one of two ways" and linking to a page with the instructions, the response seems to typically be, "why not read through this forum and see if you can find an answer?"

I believe the only two straightforward ways to update the GNS data is 1) a Garmin subscription ($300 per year) or 2) update when the GNS trainer is updated. It's my understanding this trainer has data from 2007.

Whether this is entirely accurate I'm not sure, but users (customers) typically want to spend time flying/learning, not reading through pages and pages of posts, many with links to other posts, trying to figure things out.

Why not put a page on your site explaining the updates and limitations, and send people there?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, turner112 said:

While there might be a simple answer, such as "yes, you can update this in one of two ways" and linking to a page with the instructions, the response seems to typically be, "why not read through this forum and see if you can find an answer?" 

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification. But let me ask you then:

• Have you actually open the DB discussion yet?
  • Are there 'Recommended' posts showing up at the top?
  • Have you read the 'Recommended' posts saving reading the 5+ pages?
  • Have you followed through the advise on one of these recommended posts, literally searching the internet with some of the suggested keywords as a start?

You know, I have been reading forums since the day of the BBS. I have to say, if this is such an obvious and requently asked question, why is it not answered simply in a FAQ section? This is an obvious need and as a new customer of this product I am also annoyed that there is not a short answer in an FAQ. I am really disappointed here.

http://www.reality-xp.com/support/knowledgebase/gnswaas-xp9.html

• Like 1

Do you mean like this:

How can I update the Garmin Trainer Database?
http://www.reality-xp.com/support/knowledgebase/gnswaas-fsx.html

A little outdated I agree this is why the "RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 database update" discussion which link to is posted above is more appropriate: it has practical answers 'recommended' and more information if needed.

It is not perfect an answer yet this is why I've mentioned I'll personally look at this question closer when we're done releasing our initially planed Garmin product line.

Edited by RXP

On 3/2/2019 at 11:04 AM, turner112 said:

Hi Jen-Luc,

my response is factual.

This question is asked over and over. The OP here received lots of instructions on where to go look, and no answers.

I believe the only two straightforward ways to update the GNS data is 1) a Garmin subscription ($300 per year) or 2) update when the GNS trainer is updated. It's my understanding this trainer has data from 2007.

Whether this is entirely accurate I'm not sure, but users (customers) typically want to spend time flying/learning, not reading through pages and pages of posts, many with links to other posts, trying to figure things out.

Why not put a page on your site explaining the updates and limitations, and send people there?

Yes you can and I've done it. A simple google search can find the updates?

Is that the answer you wanted?

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

Hi. I am seriously consider to purchase the GNS430/530 for my IFR training however this whole update thing is a big drawback for me. Understanding all the limitations of the update, is there a way to get an outdated update for it but not so old? I would say like from a year ago or so? that would help, or in the worse case, finding a friend who owns a plane with a GNS430 and is willing to lend the SD card? is that easy? just get the SD card from the plane and do the update? Sorry for so many questions but it is still confusing...

• Like 1