Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Update Process Question

Hi,

I updated to 4.4 a few days ago using the client only. I am trying to resolve an issue with AI (whole different mess of a topic). Since the issue still exists, I am going to give updating the content and scenery a try.

Since it has been a few days and there have been changes to my install since the client update, should I update the client again when I update the scenery and content? And if so, since I am updating all three, is there a one step way to do that? I downloaded Prepar3D_v4_Professional_4.4.16.27077.zip and I see that there is a Setup_Prepar3D.exe in that zip file. Can I just run that, or do I need to do all the components by running the msi files?

Lastly, I know I need to uninstall the client to install the client, I'm assuming that I need to uninstall the content and scenery as well? The pinned tutorial (text version) didn't say that specifically (or maybe I missed it).

Thanks

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

hi 

in my opinion i think you should uninstall your prepar3d 

just uninstall your academic version or whatever version you have this is in your apps and features above client,content,and scenery this will uninstall all three in one go

your Setup_Prepar3D.exe  file you downloaded is all you have to click on as admin to install

content ,client and scenery in one step

jeff storey

19 minutes ago, jstorey20 said:

hi 

in my opinion i think you should uninstall your prepar3d 

just uninstall your academic version or whatever version you have this is in your apps and features above client,content,and scenery this will uninstall all three in one go

your Setup_Prepar3D.exe  file you downloaded is all you have to click on as admin to install

content ,client and scenery in one step

If I do this, do I need to do a clean install of all of my scenery and add ons? Or, do I just uninstall p3d, leave it activated and reinstall on top of the previous install.

The reason I ask is I am trying so solve an annoying problem, but this problem doesn't prevent me from flying. If i have to do a full clean reinstall, i may not have an opportunity to do that for several months and during that time I won't be able to fly at all.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

42 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Thanks for the link. I really don't feel like reinstalling anything right now, so I think going the direction of an update by component process is better which gets me to the second part of my question. I know I need to uninstall the client to install the client, I'm assuming that I need to uninstall the content and scenery as well? The pinned tutorial (text version) didn't say that specifically (or maybe I missed it).

Edited by duckbilled

Yes. Uninstall and reinstall one by one is the best way to handle it if you want to do it individually.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors