Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

Precipit FX effects not showing

5 minutes ago, lukejw20 said:

Is it supposed to fall that fast?

Even light rain in active sky falls very fast

You don't use FSUIPC for weather.  Active Sky will provide you the weather.  AS does NOT change the textures of the precipitation or clouds.  PrecipitFX simply changes the precipitation textures so they look more realistic.  Light and heavy rain have no difference in texture appearance, I believe.  This video shows the same rain that I see in my setup.

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video. Videos must be embedded.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Nevertheless, the rain/snow looks better. I have one other question before I go, if I may. I deleted the Thomas Ruth A330 from my program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/FSX/Sim Objects/Airplanes folder, unaware that FSX was running in the background. Do you think that messed up my installation?

If that aircraft doesn't come with its own rain/snow texture, I doubt it.  But yeah, avoid deleting FSX files if it is still running.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Well, I was wondering because now I get a black screen when FSX first loads my flight, but everything loads in after a few seconds. And if it did mess up my installation, is there any way I could fix it?

It is normal for an all black screen with a progress bar when any flight loads.

If you use FSX:SE, verify the integrity of the game files.  This video shows you how if you don't know (and works with any Steam program).

Otherwise, back up your files and reinstall from scratch.

Edited by Jim Young
Embedded the video. Videos must be embedded.

I verified the files but now I get serious flashes in the middle of my screen. Should reinstalling fix it?

It is a last resort, but yeah, reinstalling would get your issue over with.

I'm trying to avoid reinstall. I ran the FSDT Live Updater because I was getting notifications of graphics issues. I launched the sim and I'm not getting any more flickers. I'm gonna give it a few days and see if I get any more flickers. I'll let you know how it goes.