Sign in to follow this  
RexGrant

Please Help find me a moveing map for win 7 64bit

Hi Just got back today on fsx on my win 7 pro 64but system I have just spent over 3 hour trying to fint a moveing map that will be compatable with my system  could you please help me

Regards

Rex

Hi Adrian

I downloaded and paid them but didnot get a moveing map i got some sort of offer to leard programing.

Regards

Rex

47 minutes ago, RexGrant said:

Hi Just got back today on fsx on my win 7 pro 64but system I have just spent over 3 hour trying to fint a moveing map that will be compatable with my system  could you please help me

Regards

Rex

Plan G.  Used it for years in both FSX and P3D.  Do a search for TA Software.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

6 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

It's also freeware.

Also see GNAV in the AVSIM Library.  Also free and integrates with Google Earth.

14 hours ago, RexGrant said:

Hi Adrian

I downloaded and paid them but didnot get a moveing map i got some sort of offer to leard programing.

Regards

Rex

Not sure of your definition of a moving map.

Perhaps you are looking for features that LNM hasn't implemented or just need help setting it up?

In that case a list of your wants might help fellow simmers recommend something closer to what you re looking for.

Ernest Pergrem

Hello 

I use Plan G this is a free ware map and displays a moving aeroplane.

Can be connected to Interface FSUIPC and used on a second monitor, The connection of this map on a second monitor is very easy.

I also use Flight Sim Commander, this is payware, But well worth the money, both of the maps mentioned will run on the same computer  in a sub panel but computer must be in window mode, not full screen mode. It as above and can use FSUIPC to run on second monitor, found this connection more difficult but probably the better map of the two ,But not by much.

The third option is I think very good, But it payware and used by reall Pilots   For navigation, You need an iPad or iPhone, the Android version is cheaper but not finished. you connect via you a router or wi fi to a port number on the computer, it’s quite simple to do and works well, you have you moving map on the iPad screen together with lots of currant met info. And lots more ,Plus you can load a flight plan in FSX or on the iPad

It’s called Air Nav Pro and in the Apple store, You also have to buy the maps but there are currant Topo maps, 

just turn you pc on make up a flight plan, turn iPad on and all is on the screen with pc talking to iPad just like a Topo GPS,

And you can use it in the car for navigation no SIM card required, The beauty of this one is there’s no GPS charge, just buy the softwares buy the map or maps you need, they go out of date after a year but you can use them for life. There are some free charts on the site. Just looked on my iPad it works with FSX and X=Plane , I have W7 works well! Have w10 never tried it but think it will work fine.

Trubshaw 

Edited by Trubshaw
Spelling I’m useless at it

6 hours ago, airernie said:

Not sure of your definition of a moving map.

Perhaps you are looking for features that LNM hasn't implemented or just need help setting it up?

In that case a list of your wants might help fellow simmers recommend something closer to what you re looking for.

Hi airernie

When i started FS I use FS navigator ,But that will not work  om win7 pro 64bit.

Thank you for your reply

20 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

Thank you VP49

I will look into plan G.

Regrads

Rex

20 hours ago, CB_Pilot said:

Or you could look at fsxmap.com. Freeware, well supported. 

Thank you Rupert.

I was lookinh for one like FS navigator that I can follow my flight also transit airfield and on FS navigator When flying and not been followed I can just click go to  on Regards

Rex.

38 minutes ago, Trubshaw said:

Hello 

I use Plan G this is free a ware map and displays a moving aeroplane.

Can be connected to Interface FSUIPC and used on a second monitor, Thw connection of this map on a second monitor is very easy.

I also use Flight Sim Commander, this is payware, But well worth the money, both of the maps mentioned will run on the same computer in a sub panel but computer must be in window mode, not full screen mode. It as above can use FSUIPC to run on second monitor, found connection more difficult but probably the better of the two not by much.

The third option is I think very good, But it payware and used but reall Pilots   For navigation, You need an iPad or iPhone, the Android version is cheaper but not finished. I connect via you router or wi fi to a port number on the computer, it’s quite simple to do and works well, you have you moving map on the iPad screen together with lots of currant met info. Plus you can load a flight plan, and lots of other things.

It’s called Air Nav Pro and in the Apple store, You also have to by the maps but there are currant Topo maps, 

just turn you pc on make up a flight plan, turn iPad on and all is on the screen with pc talking to iPad just like a Topo GPS, And you can use it in the car for navigation no SIM card required, The beauty of this one is there’s no GPS charge, just buy the maps they go out of date after a year but you can use them for life. 

Trubshaw 

Hi Trubshaw.

Flight sim commander,That reminded me,It was the program I used after FS Navigator I uused on XP. but as what is left of my grey matter after ten years of aphasia treatment I stugel to read and concentate of swaping and changeing files so to purchase  a CD/DVD and to just install is my only hope .One of my son in laws is a full time tecy for a large local company so I am saveing the downloads and read me for hopefull him to find time to trave down here to Emoor to assist me😂

Regards

Rex