Sign in to follow this  
shantm11

Please help

HI i get low fps around 24 and i have a very good system. Ryzen 7 2700x rtx 2070 and 24gb ram. Im on 11.32r and ive tried everything. I got it to stay around 35 fps all the time but then it just went back please help i have it on high buildings and everything else low

Delete the preferences and the shadercache. 

Think try with Threaded Optimization to ON in the Nvidia Panel.

Reduce all the settings to the lowest and then go up and check.

Would also help if you keep the CPU / GPU counters enabled.

Edited by HumptyDumpty

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

i have done it like 10 times and i have threaded optimization on

Edited by shantm11

FsEnhancer will be heavy.

That system is powerful , whatever anyone would say that it's an AMD CPU , Ryzen is very good. 

But XP is still low on using Multithreading , the most it uses is like a quad.  

Have u tried with Threaded to OFF ?

Did you enable the CPU / GPU counters ? this will tell you what is taking more load.

3 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

But XP is still low on using Multithreading , the most it uses is like a quad.  

I believe there is a post from Ben or one of the others on the dev blog, saying that XP will use as many cores as you have available for running AI flight models. The sim uses full flight models for AI, same as for the user's aircraft, so it's fairly CPU intensive and it benefits from multithreading across multi cores.

That may be the only part of the sim that uses as many cores as you have, I'm not sure. Ben did say that they're working on moving more of the sim onto multiple cores as as they go along. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

22 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

I believe there is a post from Ben or one of the others on the dev blog, saying that XP will use as many cores as you have available for running AI flight models. The sim uses full flight models for AI, same as for the user's aircraft, so it's fairly CPU intensive and it benefits from multithreading across multi cores.

That may be the only part of the sim that uses as many cores as you have, I'm not sure. Ben did say that they're working on moving more of the sim onto multiple cores as as they go along. 

Yep for the flight models and the AI, but not the other stuff which they will work once Vulkan is released.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, shantm11 said:

HI i get low fps around 24 and i have a very good system. Ryzen 7 2700x rtx 2070 and 24gb ram. Im on 11.32r and ive tried everything. I got it to stay around 35 fps all the time but then it just went back please help i have it on high buildings and everything else low

What graphics settings are you using, what addons are you using and where are you flying when you see 24fps?

Have you tried some of the automatic overclocking features in your bios? Ryzen likes fast ram!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

By the way, how did you end up with 24GB of ram? It sounds like you are mixing ram size modules/speeds. Your pc will use the lower speed module. 

Eric Escobar

24 minutes ago, strider1 said:

By the way, how did you end up with 24GB of ram? It sounds like you are mixing ram size modules/speeds. Your pc will use the lower speed module. 

Agree to this. It can cause problems

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

I also have 3x 8GB, same brand, make, speed and specifications. It is not rocket science, just take care what you order.

22 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

I also have 3x 8GB, same brand, make, speed and specifications. It is not rocket science, just take care what you order.

I am assuming he is using leftover ram from a previous build. Otherwise why buy 2x8gb and 2x4gb, assuming there are 4 slots. It's a lot more stable to buy a kit of ram with the same size and speed, especially if you overclock. Your ram is running in single channel and dual channel. You would probably be better off using 2x8gb and 2x4gb same specs instead of 3x8gb.

Eric Escobar

20 hours ago, strider1 said:

I am assuming he is using leftover ram from a previous build. Otherwise why buy 2x8gb and 2x4gb, assuming there are 4 slots. It's a lot more stable to buy a kit of ram with the same size and speed, especially if you overclock. Your ram is running in single channel and dual channel. You would probably be better off using 2x8gb and 2x4gb same specs instead of 3x8gb.

Thanks for the insight, I never realized. Now switching to 2x4GB or an additional 8GB is the same price, which I can't afford (justify).  BTW, no overclocking here, I am running an old i5-4690, but it is still adequate at around 25 - 30 fps in most circumstances.