Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

EZDOK V3 - I like what I see

On 3/7/2019 at 2:08 AM, DellyPilot said:

The dynamic head movement is brilliant but having come from Chase Plane this is big step back in terms of slickness to setup and move about. I am finding it very frustrating.

Once you get the hang of it the dynamic head movement and generators system is all that matters. The rest is quite serviceable. Functionality over slickness ratio is very high indeed in EZCA but mainly thanks to the rich functionality. I'm not sure you can whittle it down to something very simple. This software deserves your study of it.

Dirk.

PS: btw most of what you requested is already there if you really dig it. 

Edited by Dirk98

Hi,

I've used the Tobii Eye/headTracker product with FSX earlier. It's a fantastic product with great potential but with somewhat limited support in P3D. Will EZCA be implementing support for Tobii anytime in the near future? That would be really great as when using Tobii, there's no need to wear any receivers etc. and it's very accurate.

Thanks,

Randalph

50 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Believe me I have spent a good while on it. But ok lets see please correct me on each of these if I am wrong.:

1. I want to be able assign a key to Instruments and cycle through Instruments (Lights), Instruments (Radios)
Not Possible, best you have is all these hotkeys that I find incredibly confusing to configure.

2. I want to be able to in any view press Spacebar once to toggle Mouse pan and Mouse Middle button Zoom
Not Possible, I can hold space bar but zoom mousewheel doesnt work. Maybe this is just a bug?

3. I want once in any view to move a bit and press CTRL-U to save the new position
I think this is possible but its confusing because actually you just press edit mode twice. I can live with that.

4. I want to be able to toggle my mouse look mouse zoom mode with space bar (point 2) and not have crazy flickering as EZDOK tries to apply its various effects, stop overriding me, if I click (or hold) space bar let me look wherever. The current behaviour is the biggest issue I have.
Is there a way to stop the flickering and the headmovement overriding my manual panning?

Its not there, I suppose its Beta software (which I didn't know when I bought it stupidly). If someone can explain how to do the things above I will try 1 more time. The UI seriously needs tooltips, its a big improvement over v2 but jaysus coming in cold you will have no idea.

CP is so easy to use and configure albeit less realistic, it has features like "change all", so if I am in my A320 in "Pilot" view I can change a setting and right click it to Apply to any plane that has a view named Pilot.

I have bought SimStarter now and I going to experiment with trying to switch between the 2 systems (it would be great if they could work together but its impossible as far as I can tell). For GA EZDOK wins, the turbulence and effects are amazing but for airliners CP is definitely still better and more functional.

Edited by DellyPilot

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

1 hour ago, Dirk98 said:

Once you get the hang of it the dynamic head movement and generators system is all that matters. The rest is quite serviceable. Functionality over slickness ratio is very high indeed in EZCA but mainly thanks to the rich functionality. I'm not sure you can whittle it down to something very simple. This software deserves your study of it.

Dirk.

I agree Dirk some should do their homework better lol waste of effort to tell them, because my guess is they will find something else which is missing etc...

They forgot the very long time CP was in beta lol

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

7 hours ago, awf said:

I agree Dirk some should do their homework better lol waste of effort to tell them, because my guess is they will find something else which is missing etc...

They forgot the very long time CP was in beta lol

What an arrogant comment, if you have done all this homework awf and understand how it works how about helping me out with my questions instead of just laughing rudely? Do you seriously have no input other to just tell me how stupid I am and that I am not worth helping?

And who cares how long CP was in BETA it isn't now? I just spent quite a lot of money on a product in BETA that at no stage made that clear.

I'm not even asking for money back because I want to support these guys in building a great rival product. So yea I will continue to submit suggestions and questions here even if you think I am a joke.

This info is surely useful for the developers as I am pretty much the target audience they are trying to convince.

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

Since i'm having problems with zoom in/out functionality in CP i'm considering buying EZDOK. Does EZDOK support mapping more than one camera view onto the same button. I don't want to know a whole list of different keys for switching views, just want to use one button to cycle through inside and one for outside camera views. 

Thanks for your help.

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

7 minutes ago, AndrejS said:

Since i'm having problems with zoom in/out functionality in CP i'm considering buying EZDOK. Does EZDOK support mapping more than one camera view onto the same button. I don't want to know a whole list of different keys for switching views, just want to use one button to cycle through inside and one for outside camera views. 

Thanks for your help.

Thats odd, the zoom in and out works for me in CP but not in EZDOK 😂.

I read they are working on a fix now, apparently its to do with Middle Mouse key press faking, its still not possible to toggle pan/zoom mode (as far as I can tell), you have to hold space down (or whatever key you assign to mimic Middle Mouse button).

The view switching is the same as CP. You can cycle modes (in out), then views within each mode.

If you don't mind taking a chance on BETA software then just buy it and play with it. It will take you a few hours to read the manual (which isn't complete) and set it up (for 1 plane!), but the weather and turbulence effects and head movement are significantly better than CP. 

If like me you use the mouse to look around the cockpit you will get some pretty annoying flickering back to the middle as the dynamic head movement tries to move against your mouse movements. No word on whether this will ever be fixed.

If you are only flying airliners you won't see much difference. I would also add that the uninstaller doesn't work properly, it left loads of stuff still configured in Prepar3D and I had to manually remove it all. Make sure you backup cameras/cfgs/exe and dll before you install it.

Guys, we read all that you write and add all the wishes to the wish list.

And I do not understand the problem with the flicker described above. Perhaps there is a conflict of assignments for hatswitch in the simulator settings.

We are currently working on the cloud option (for save presets) and will fix some bugs in the keyboard polling system. The problem with using the space bar and zoom is not clear to me, it would be good to describe how you represent the correct operation of this option.

• Upvote 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

7 hours ago, AndrejS said:

Thanks for your help.

Yes it does similar to P3D to cycle through views 😉 EZDOK has this function since V1

Untitled-1_zps0vojapjm.jpg

Edited by awf
  • Like 1

André

3 hours ago, Nickbe said:

Guys, we read all that you write and add all the wishes to the wish list.

And I do not understand the problem with the flicker described above. Perhaps there is a conflict of assignments for hatswitch in the simulator settings.

Thanks great to hear and good luck. Once I get SimStarter setup and reinstall I will do a youtube video to show you the centering/flickering issue I see when MM panning and turning, could it be the Look to turn feature conflicting? 

Could well be an assigment conflict, but I did follow the forum instructions to remove my default assignment for mouselook (space bar)

3 hours ago, Nickbe said:

The problem with using the space bar and zoom is not clear to me, it would be good to describe how you represent the correct operation of this option.

2 issues (could all be my install/config). Space (as MM) only works when pressed, you can't use it as a toggle (unless I missed that option?) this is a standard feature in P3D and CP. Toggle MouseLook (MM pressed until space pressed again). This makes it easier to move about with QASD (move) and the mouse to pan/zoom (quake fps style). PS Also having to enable 'Walk around' for each view really caught me out, in my CP world every view is walk around once I press the magic space button. Just different ideology I guess but maybe worth noting in documentation/tooltips for the 'other lot'. 

The other issue which may be my config is that even when I hold down space zoom with mousewheel it doesnt work, you still have to click in MM button and roll the wheel which I find very awkward. Is this just my install?

Hey, thanks for all your comments, i'm glad EZDOK has the cycle ability, yet there's another question that rises and that is : Middle mouse button, do i have to use it in order to zoom the view in or out? I try to stay hotas only so no keyboard or mouse if not really necessary. I'd use the rocker switch on TWCS for zooming and left and right action buttons on top of T16000M joystick to cycle inner and outer views. 

That all works in CP, but due to the overly sensitive controls (or false zoom default value), even the slightest "zoom in" movement of the rocker on TWCS makes the view zoom to the  max, making it useless to me. I'll try one more time today and then get EZDOK hoping it will be more forgiving. 

Oh well, 

still using CP, since i've solved my zooming  problem. Rocker switch on TWCS is way to sensitive (and cannot even be calibrated) so i chose hat switch (up/down) on T16000 joystick as my zoom control and now zoom is working great. 

Finding with EZDv3 the A2A 172 is bouncing all over perfectly smooth flat runways like its trying to take off from a rolling grass tundra!

Is the default profile supposed to bounce AC on smooth runways like this without turning all the movement sliders way down?

Similar issue with the F1 Citation Mustang in mild weather with ASA it’s bouncing so dang hard it’s impossible to click on anything with any accuracy in the VC....  I could not see where the turbulence mode effects are turned down while in sim via the Effects window?  Can the turbulence be adjusted somehow like the DHM...?

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

On 9/22/2019 at 2:36 AM, Kilo60 said:

Finding with EZDv3 the A2A 172 is bouncing all over perfectly smooth flat runways like its trying to take off from a rolling grass tundra!

Is the default profile supposed to bounce AC on smooth runways like this without turning all the movement sliders way down?

Similar issue with the F1 Citation Mustang in mild weather with ASA it’s bouncing so dang hard it’s impossible to click on anything with any accuracy in the VC....  I could not see where the turbulence mode effects are turned down while in sim via the Effects window?  Can the turbulence be adjusted somehow like the DHM...? 

Hi!

SimpleFX_set.jpg

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020