Sign in to follow this  
StevenW

Adjust Flight Plan Altitude

G'day,

Little NavMap is so awesome I hate to make requests, but I will anyway :-)

My understanding is that "Adjust Flight Plan Altitude" auto-sets the altitude based on the hemispherical rule. It does it for the initial legs (EG: West to East) but subsequent legs that change to East to West remain at the same altitude.

I'd like a few features to make it more VFR friendly, such as:

* Be able to print an empty ATA value on the flight plan.
* Be able to change an altitude to a manual value. (I could fix hemispherical alts myself then an also have a step alt for passing tall obstructions)
* To have the en-route altitudes on the flight plan.

3 hours ago, StevenW said:

* Be able to print an empty ATA value on the flight plan.

ATA?

3 hours ago, StevenW said:

* Be able to change an altitude to a manual value. (I could fix hemispherical alts myself then an also have a step alt for passing tall obstructions)
* To have the en-route altitudes on the flight plan.

Per waypoint altitudes or step climbs are a difficult topic. The TOC and TOD calculation through altitude restrictions was a bit hard to implement.
Maybe when I have an idea how to solve this easily. Have to see.

Alex

any news?

i will want set differents altitude.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

No problem.  I can change the altitude myself mid flight.  As long as the TOC/TOD calculations aren't prevented by the altitude restrictions.  Just dealing with this myself with a low max ceiling on a victor airway en route.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:47 AM, albar965 said:

As I said. Difficult. Actually, I doubt that this will ever come.

Except of normal regulations that are hidden in Enroute sections of local  AIPs (usually chapter 1.5 - Altimeter settings, if I remember well), there can be also agreements between FIRs, for example on IVAO whole Colombia use West/East rule but for all local flights between SKED-SKEC (Bogota FIR - Barranquilla FIR) rule North/South is used because of local LOA between FIRs.
There can be also local "curiosities" - for example at Chile dividing axis is along 30/210 degrees (not 180/360 or 90/270 as in W/E, N/S and S/N case), etc.

IMHO it's not worth your extra work Alex.

If someone is very determinated (like me - sometimes, not every time 😛), simply takes pencil and paper (read: mouse and Skyvector map) and looks where altitudes should be changed.
BTW - if someone is interested, under LNM is fine export option to Skyvector map. After that working with Skyvector is much easier, route is ready, it''s necessary only write altitude changes to FPL.

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

Create a flight plan in your simulator  and set your altitude  then save it and then load it into the LNM works for me