Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Little Navmap v2.2.4 - "Waiting for data"

Hi Alexander,

I've just updated to LNM v2.2.4 this morrning. It runs on a network PC with Little Nav Connect on my P3D machine.

I unzipped the contents of the download into my existing version and allowed all files to be updated.

With my aircraft airborne I'm seeing "Waiting for data" in the status bar of LNM. I suspect it's to do with the map redrawing because when I zoom in the text of cities etc. does not snap into focus. It remains very large and blurred. I have selected OpenMapSurfer but the problem remains whatever the map chosen.

First time this has happened. Have I done something wrong?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Alex. I chose another map option and it's fine. I hope that map is available as it's my favourite. Typical eh? 🙁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Its my favorite too and I liked their worldwide hillshading although it was a bit grainy.

I had to fix the shading in one of the last releases of LNM by pointing to the other server which provides the incomplete shading.

Maybe I'll compile a better aviation friendly map in the future...

You might also want to have a look at these:

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks Alex but downloading that file has a 7z extension. How do I open it? It's only 124Kb so how can it contain maps?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

How do I open it?

https://7-zip.org/7z.html

One of the best and fastest compressor utilities out there IMO. And free, BTW.

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It's only 124Kb so how can it contain maps?

It does not contain maps but a few description files which point to the map servers.

Alex

Thanks Alex. All installed. Google maps still has Waiting for Data but the images appear sharp enough. Is that normal behaviour?

Thank you for such an excellent utility. 👍 I put you in the same class as Pete Dowson.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Waiting for data can have several reasons: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#waiting-for-data

Switch off the hillshading. This will fix it.

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I put you in the same class as Pete Dowson.

Ray, you cannot do that. That's too much of an honor.:smile:

Alex

• Like 1

16 hours ago, albar965 said:

Waiting for data can have several reasons: https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap-faq.html#waiting-for-data

Switch off the hillshading. This will fix it.

Ray, you cannot do that. That's too much of an honor.:smile:

Alex

Hi Alex, If I select OpenStreetMap with Hill shading off it's fine. But selecting any of the Google custom options it still shows Waiting...

Pete gave away FSUIPC for many years until circumstances changed. You are being equally generous as well as being very clever!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But selecting any of the Google custom options it still shows Waiting...

No idea why that happens. I just looked at the DGML files and at the debug messages in the log. There is nothing wrong and there are no outstanding requests for map data. It even does not request any images across the network when looking at a cached region but still shows this waiting thing.

I'd just ignore it.

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks Alex, will do. The addition of Google maps is very much appreciated. I know we criticise them for some things but their maps are very good.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather