Sign in to follow this  
herc130sat

rcv4.3 errors

Hello to all.

My hopes are, regarding rcv4 that I may receive a little guidance to some issues that cropped up after rcv4.3 install.

Platform is windows 8.1 running fs9, FSUIPC 3.999z9b ( I have never used wide on this computer or my old XP machine)

rcv4.3 downloaded from link within Avsim forum and jd icloud link.

On first install of rcv4 destination auto selected Program Files (x86) Is this correct or should it have been Program Files only?

On the next screen I selected FS2004, Full

Next screen selected Start menu program. Followed the rest of the install process per instructions "Quick Start Guide, Install Radar Contact" No problems.

FSUIPC.

This is where it becomes tricky and errors pop up (I will get there soon). I selected "Hide all single line messages"

Flight plan previous loaded and all look as it should (FS minimized). When I selected start Radar Contact, the following message popped up;

Could not connect to FSUIPC!?!

Since I usually fly the Caribbean and Central America, the flight plan was from Barbados

(TBPB) to Port of Spain (TTPP) Captain Sim C130 L100. When I started fs9, the plane was moved and dumped somewhere else on the ramp. Since I am NOT running WideFS do I still need to run MakeRwys.exe?

ID did not hear any chatter, ATIS, Clearance etc. Is this due to the fact that rcv4.3 does not have atc files for the area?

Selecting different keys for the menu screen had no effect, and the screen remained in its the initial stage of flight startup with the CID, 1-Clr by CD and 2-Wx Brf , Main-0

Obviously something headed south during install procedures, so I uninstalled and will see if those of you with far more experience with rcv4 can point out some of my faults. Thanking you in advance..............

2 hours ago, herc130sat said:

On first install of rcv4 destination auto selected Program Files (x86) Is this correct or should it have been Program Files only?

This is where it becomes tricky and errors pop up (I will get there soon). I selected "Hide all single line messages"

Flight plan previous loaded and all look as it should (FS minimized). When I selected start Radar Contact, the following message popped up;

Could not connect to FSUIPC!?!

Since I usually fly the Caribbean and Central America, the flight plan was from Barbados

(TBPB) to Port of Spain (TTPP) Captain Sim C130 L100. When I started fs9, the plane was moved and dumped somewhere else on the ramp. Since I am NOT running WideFS do I still need to run MakeRwys.exe?

Selecting different keys for the menu screen had no effect, and the screen remained in its the initial stage of flight startup with the CID, 1-Clr by CD and 2-Wx Brf , Main-0

Obviously something headed south during install procedures, so I uninstalled and will see if those of you with far more experience with rcv4 can point out some of my faults. Thanking you in advance..............

Firstly I suggest you uninstall from Program Files (x86) and install to C:\RC4. No restrictions by Windows.

Yes. you MUST run MakeRunways.

Check your keys aren't conflicting with Flight Sim. I use CTRL+number and that's usually okay.

This pinned topic contains a lot of helpful advice.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thank you for responding Ray.

I thought it was odd to install in the (X86) and should have installed in the Program files. As mentioned..I had uninstalled rcv4.3. Will run the MakeRunways.exe. on next install, and check keys for FS conflicts. So............I take it that my current FSUIPC 3.999z9b install is OK, and no need for the WideFS? 

Again.............Thanks for guidance.

WideFS is only needed for running RC4 on a networked PC. Yes, that is the final version of FSUIPC for FS9.

Make sure you have the latest version of makerunways.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for that info Ray.

You mentioned the latest version of makerunways. The version I have is 4.8.4.0. created 12/27/2017. I have searched for a newer version and could only find a mention of version 4.8.6.3 on Peter Dawsons forum. That said.....a  thorough search on Google, did not produce positive results for any download links.  Any clues?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks again Ray, sorry for all the bother.

Downloaded and reinstalled rcv4.3. Seemed odd that I did not have to re-enter key. All seemed to be well until I started program. First error was the 75. When I tried to start as administrator I received another error "comdlg32.ocx". The program (although AV never looked at it) was added to my exclusion list. Once again lost.

Error 75 is file/path error. Make sure the folder where you keep your plans has write access for RC4. Create a dummy text file in that folder, type a few characters and save. If it’s okay then delete.

Comdlg32.ocx needs registering. Plenty of other threads here with guidance on how to do that.

Tell your AV program to ignore the RC4 folder. Always install to C:\. Never to Program Files.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Haey Ray,

Sorry....................been pretty busy lately. Thanks for your guidance. Resolved issue and RC is working now. However.........how do you get ATC to stop badgering you about Transponder setting?!?! Some of these dinosaur aircraft (DC-8-62 F/707-300C) I'm flying do not have a visually working (panels) Transponder, so there fore I cannot change freq etc. Any work around? 

Short answer is I don’t know. RC4 is all about IFR flights and aircraft are expected to have a transponder.

In General try selecting a different aircraft type. Maybe Prop?

Or, hand comms over to co-pilot and let him handle it. That may not work though if there’s no physical transponder. RC is designed to work with modern aircraft so ultimately you may have to ditch those dinosaurs and get yourself something a bit more modern. 😉

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather