Sign in to follow this  
cardajowol

P2ATC issues/Problems

Hi, I've been having some issues with Pilot2ATC. Xplane.

1) "Sayit" button doesn't do anything I can't pop it up to do any of the voice training anymore.

2) I constantly get ATC asking me to climb and maintain a flight level even though I am at that flight level. I've tried going up and down 500 metres and I've even set the altitude variance to 500 then 600 then 1000. Didn't make any difference.

I also did see when descending that it would still say climb and maintain flight level #, it seems like its not tracking the flight altitude?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1) Use the "Grmr Help" button to the right of the Flight Plan to do voice practice/training.  The SayIt button is used to respond to ATC with the phrase in the Speech Text Box.

2) ATC looks at Indicated Altitude as reported by XPUIPC to issue climb/descent commands.  Some aircraft may not be reporting this altitude correctly, causing the problem.

3) Possibly also an altitude reporting issue associated with the aircraft you are flying.

Hi cheers for getting back to me

I did try this a while ago in the demo and had the same problems. I was using Q400 for Xplane then and had the same problems today with the Toliss A319. (This being the altitude issue) but I turned on Project Fly which also use XPUIPC and that could see my flight height, even though it was 500 feet below what I was at, I did change my altitude to bring it up 500 feet above my altitude to see if that changed anything and no change. Still screaming at me to change my flight level.

Is there anywhere in P2ATC that shows you you're aircrafts altitude?

As for the training, apologise I was getting mixed up been a while since I looked at that issue but its in the Pilot2ATC Language Trainer, I don't see any selected phrases or using the train button does nothing.

Edited by cardajowol

Please email the P2A Log File for one of these flights to me at admin@pilot2atc.com.

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  

As for the language training, you must have English US installed and set as the primary language for the Language Trainer to work.
Thanks,

Dave

Hay Cheers, I've sent over the log.

I'll have a look I had it at English UK. And it did work when I first used demo but then it just stopped working.

Switching the Units Type from Metric to Metric-Feet or US on the ATC Settings tab of config fixed this issue.

I'm checking to see if there's a bug in the Metric logic.  The Metric type should only be used if you have an altimeter that reports Meters instead of Feet because the program, unlike a real controller, is looking at your altimeter reading to judge your altitude.