Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

FlyTampa's Montreal for v4 just dropped

48 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Apparently Vegas is really really really close too. 

Anything known on whether it has PBR textures?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have one question, do the installer works now flawless for P3D? I mean no fiddling with files, etc.?

Sadly, no. Scenery still wants to install in main P3D folder. You can manually move it to wherever you like and correct the add-on.xml afterwards.

6 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Anything known on whether it has PBR textures?

Nothing known, but given the length of the delay compared to expected release, you have to hope that PBR textures will be included.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

ONE word: a masterpiece.
FT raised the bar so high that next addition for a complete immersion can only be the smell of the kerosene.
Fantastic job!!

Wow OK

Sold David

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

18 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Nothing known, but given the length of the delay compared to expected release, you have to hope that PBR textures will be included.

I'm hoping too. Although the preview screenshots they've been posting didn't seem to include PBR and it surely would be too much work to turn the entire scenery into PBR textures so if anything it's probably only certain objects rendered in PBR. Which is still great of course and the overall package of that scenery is an instant buy for me.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Doesn't it say in the description of the update that it uses PBR textures for the terminal's windows and some water puddles or other...? I quote:

• Completely re-compiled for Prepar3D Version4+
  • New Terminal Extension
  • New Taxiway Layout & Aprons
  • New Taxiway & Runway Textures
  • Specular & Normal maps on all Ground Overlays
  • Added new wet weather effect layer, puddles and snow.
  • PBR Wet Effect
  • PBR Terminal Windows
  • New Runway Lights. Automatically activate in Fog.
  • Replaced animated & static vehicles with improved models
  • Dynamic lighting
  • SODE & Ctrl J Jetways
  • SODE Windsocks
  • Basic Terminal Interiors
  • De-Icing Trucks
  • Animated People
  • Snow Drifts
  • LUA Seasons for automatic seasonal texture switching

Have to say I was hoping to see more extensive use of PBR. I've read here and there of some people that believe that PBR would not be effective or useful for aprons as the reflectivity of the aprons is low. I disagree - this is not about reflectivity. PBR's effects go far beyond 'nice metallic reflections'. While that is the most obvious use for it, it's also about how materials interact and appear in different lighting conditions, such as dawn and dusk. LatinVFR's PBR use in their SCEL v2 shows beautifully how the aprons appear more red in dusk, which I think is a stellar use of PBR textures. I'm hoping to see more of that!

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I made my first flight into V2 this evening and the airport looked great! The lighting is suburb as are the snow effects -- which will come in handy when I depart tomorrow after the 40 cm snow storm on its way! It is nice to finally have the terminal extension. All to say I think the $10 upgrade was well worth it.

Dan Scott

6 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Guys YYZ got an update too. 

Just updated via seller notification. Thanks for the h/up.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Doesn't it say in the description of the update that it uses PBR textures for the terminal's windows and some water puddles or other...? I quote:

• Completely re-compiled for Prepar3D Version4+
  • New Terminal Extension
  • New Taxiway Layout & Aprons
  • New Taxiway & Runway Textures
  • Specular & Normal maps on all Ground Overlays
  • Added new wet weather effect layer, puddles and snow.
  • PBR Wet Effect
  • PBR Terminal Windows
  • New Runway Lights. Automatically activate in Fog.
  • Replaced animated & static vehicles with improved models
  • Dynamic lighting
  • SODE & Ctrl J Jetways
  • SODE Windsocks
  • Basic Terminal Interiors
  • De-Icing Trucks
  • Animated People
  • Snow Drifts
  • LUA Seasons for automatic seasonal texture switching

Have to say I was hoping to see more extensive use of PBR. I've read here and there of some people that believe that PBR would not be effective or useful for aprons as the reflectivity of the aprons is low. I disagree - this is not about reflectivity. PBR's effects go far beyond 'nice metallic reflections'. While that is the most obvious use for it, it's also about how materials interact and appear in different lighting conditions, such as dawn and dusk. LatinVFR's PBR use in their SCEL v2 shows beautifully how the aprons appear more red in dusk, which I think is a stellar use of PBR textures. I'm hoping to see more of that!

This update has been in the works for some time now. Its an update, not a new product. I think getting any PBR at all is a bonus to be honest.

For 10 bucks (update), it's great.  Love it and happy with it.  Glad I bought it the first time.

Stan

Agreed. Beautifully done.

Haven't been able to figure out why there's virtually no ai there at any setting.

Cheers,

Mark

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

This update has been in the works for some time now. Its an update, not a new product. I think getting any PBR at all is a bonus to be honest.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to see PBR implemented. I merely question the selectivity of its application. I’m sure FlyTampa had their reason - I’m just curious what those reasons were. Especially in the face of other developers, such as LatinVFR, that provide a full PBR treatment as a free update.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Can anyone comment on whether the rain ripple effect on puddles around the taxiways are static textures or  dynamic animations?

10 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

Adding PBR is a LOT of work. Multiple new textures need to be created. Maybe they wanted to do any  implementation properly

It's possible... I have meddling with it myself for my own scenery projects, so I understand the pain. But if you use a program like Substance, it does essentially do all the work for you. Not only creating all required texture layers, also masking everything properly so that the right materials show up in the right locations. Truly a great piece of software. But, it takes a lot of studying how to use it effectively. Let's see how their future projects will end up looking I guess 😉 Future seems bright!

Benjamin van Soldt