Drumcode

FlyTampa's Montreal for v4 just dropped

Agreed. Beautifully done.

Haven't been able to figure out why there's virtually no ai there at any setting.

Cheers,

Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, GHarrall said:

This update has been in the works for some time now. Its an update, not a new product. I think getting any PBR at all is a bonus to be honest.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to see PBR implemented. I merely question the selectivity of its application. I’m sure FlyTampa had their reason - I’m just curious what those reasons were. Especially in the face of other developers, such as LatinVFR, that provide a full PBR treatment as a free update.

Adding PBR is a LOT of work. Multiple new textures need to be created. Maybe they wanted to do any  implementation properly

Can anyone comment on whether the rain ripple effect on puddles around the taxiways are static textures or  dynamic animations?

10 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

Adding PBR is a LOT of work. Multiple new textures need to be created. Maybe they wanted to do any  implementation properly

It's possible... I have meddling with it myself for my own scenery projects, so I understand the pain. But if you use a program like Substance, it does essentially do all the work for you. Not only creating all required texture layers, also masking everything properly so that the right materials show up in the right locations. Truly a great piece of software. But, it takes a lot of studying how to use it effectively. Let's see how their future projects will end up looking I guess 😉 Future seems bright!

9 hours ago, ErichB said:

Can anyone comment on whether the rain ripple effect on puddles around the taxiways are static textures or  dynamic animations?

Erich
They looked static to me when I quickly tried the update yesterday, I will look again when I am back home from my trip.

John

• Like 1

Updated CYYZ and upgraded to v2 CYUL, just finished a flight with Air Canada (ACA430) John's C-GARG, stunning aircraft, amazing performance with both airports. Snow drifting across taxiways and runways, overcast, temp -14. The airports in there full glory with bad weather and the FSL A319 and the sim never missed a beat. Performance was incredible within both airports and they both looked stunning.  

Where do you find the CYYZ update?  I looked on FT's website and the download area didn't seem to have it.  Thanks

1 minute ago, Zimmerbz said:

Where do you find the CYYZ update?  I looked on FT's website and the download area didn't seem to have it.  Thanks

Toronto sub forum on their forums, first thread.

5 minutes ago, simbio said:

I try to update CYYZ but got a message "installer integrity check has failed"

http://www.flytampa.org/forum5745/viewtopic.php?p=60622#p60622

Stay on topic please. We are not discussing Toronto here, we are discussing Montreal. And we are also do not provide support for installation issues. Best ask the folks at FlyTampa themselves.

3 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Stay on topic please. We are not discussing Toronto here, we are discussing Montreal. And we are also do not provide support for installation issues. Best ask the folks at FlyTampa themselves.

But since you mentioned it, there is also a new installer for Toronto (1.5) and I believe that it uses PBR textures for transparent terminal windows:

V1.5 (Requires P3D 4.4 and above)
- Added PBR Terminal Glass
- Updated Airport Lighting, automatically activates in Fog.

• Like 1