Drumcode

FlyTampa's Montreal for v4 just dropped

Looks pretty good and there are tons of updates and new stuff. Go get it.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is great news! I have been waiting for this since the fall!  Thanks for the heads up!

Just to make people aware that this is not a free update like their previous ones such as Kai Tak v2, St Maarten, Toronto or Vienna.

Paid update of $9.99 for CYUL v1 owners.

Use of PBR and 'new terminal extension' update justify the charge in my opinion.

Edited by F737NG

As a v1 owner it looks well worth the fee

Plays very nicely on my PC.

4x SSAA during day with 65% AI, weather, shadows, dynamic reflections medium.
4x MSAA at night, dynamic lights, dynamic reflections on medium, weather + 65% AI.
Both >25 FPS, daytime usually staying at the 30 FPS target.

ZLGazdJ.png

ONE word: a masterpiece.
FT raised the bar so high that next addition for a complete immersion can only be the smell of the kerosene.
Fantastic job!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, David Roch said:

FT raised the bar so high that next addition for a complete immersion can only be the smell of the kerosene.
Fantastic job!!

agreed. Performance seems significantly better than v1 too.

• Like 1

Interesting... Maybe one should jump on.
I'm hoping that FlyTampa-Copenhagen gets the same treatment at one point.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The addition of PBR textures is certainly enough to justify the upgrade price. V1 always performed very well for me and looked great. I cannot wait to pick this up later in the week and I also cannot wait for other major addon scenery devs such as Fligthbeam to adopt PBR in their scenery.

I wish all other FT airports which are missing "real" P3Dv4 compatibility will follow soon ... No problem with an additional fee. Aerosoft is doing this since the beginning of P3Dv4.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

Apparently Vegas is really really really close too. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GHarrall said:

agreed. Performance seems significantly better than v1 too.

Thank goodness for that!

I have one question, do the installer works now flawless for P3D? I mean no fiddling with files, etc.?

Thanks 

S.

48 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Apparently Vegas is really really really close too. 

Anything known on whether it has PBR textures?

14 minutes ago, simbol said:

I have one question, do the installer works now flawless for P3D? I mean no fiddling with files, etc.?

Sadly, no. Scenery still wants to install in main P3D folder. You can manually move it to wherever you like and correct the add-on.xml afterwards.

6 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Anything known on whether it has PBR textures?

Nothing known, but given the length of the delay compared to expected release, you have to hope that PBR textures will be included.

Edited by F737NG

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

Fantastic job!!

Wow OK

Sold David

18 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Nothing known, but given the length of the delay compared to expected release, you have to hope that PBR textures will be included.

I'm hoping too. Although the preview screenshots they've been posting didn't seem to include PBR and it surely would be too much work to turn the entire scenery into PBR textures so if anything it's probably only certain objects rendered in PBR. Which is still great of course and the overall package of that scenery is an instant buy for me.

Doesn't it say in the description of the update that it uses PBR textures for the terminal's windows and some water puddles or other...? I quote:

• Completely re-compiled for Prepar3D Version4+
  • New Terminal Extension
  • New Taxiway Layout & Aprons
  • New Taxiway & Runway Textures
  • Specular & Normal maps on all Ground Overlays
  • Added new wet weather effect layer, puddles and snow.
  • PBR Wet Effect
  • PBR Terminal Windows
  • New Runway Lights. Automatically activate in Fog.
  • Replaced animated & static vehicles with improved models
  • Dynamic lighting
  • SODE & Ctrl J Jetways
  • SODE Windsocks
  • Basic Terminal Interiors
  • De-Icing Trucks
  • Animated People
  • Snow Drifts
  • LUA Seasons for automatic seasonal texture switching

Have to say I was hoping to see more extensive use of PBR. I've read here and there of some people that believe that PBR would not be effective or useful for aprons as the reflectivity of the aprons is low. I disagree - this is not about reflectivity. PBR's effects go far beyond 'nice metallic reflections'. While that is the most obvious use for it, it's also about how materials interact and appear in different lighting conditions, such as dawn and dusk. LatinVFR's PBR use in their SCEL v2 shows beautifully how the aprons appear more red in dusk, which I think is a stellar use of PBR textures. I'm hoping to see more of that!

• Upvote 1

Bargain with that update price great stuff as always 🙂

I made my first flight into V2 this evening and the airport looked great! The lighting is suburb as are the snow effects -- which will come in handy when I depart tomorrow after the 40 cm snow storm on its way! It is nice to finally have the terminal extension. All to say I think the $10 upgrade was well worth it.

6 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Guys YYZ got an update too. 

Just updated via seller notification. Thanks for the h/up.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Doesn't it say in the description of the update that it uses PBR textures for the terminal's windows and some water puddles or other...? I quote:

• Completely re-compiled for Prepar3D Version4+
  • New Terminal Extension
  • New Taxiway Layout & Aprons
  • New Taxiway & Runway Textures
  • Specular & Normal maps on all Ground Overlays
  • Added new wet weather effect layer, puddles and snow.
  • PBR Wet Effect
  • PBR Terminal Windows
  • New Runway Lights. Automatically activate in Fog.
  • Replaced animated & static vehicles with improved models
  • Dynamic lighting
  • SODE & Ctrl J Jetways
  • SODE Windsocks
  • Basic Terminal Interiors
  • De-Icing Trucks
  • Animated People
  • Snow Drifts
  • LUA Seasons for automatic seasonal texture switching

Have to say I was hoping to see more extensive use of PBR. I've read here and there of some people that believe that PBR would not be effective or useful for aprons as the reflectivity of the aprons is low. I disagree - this is not about reflectivity. PBR's effects go far beyond 'nice metallic reflections'. While that is the most obvious use for it, it's also about how materials interact and appear in different lighting conditions, such as dawn and dusk. LatinVFR's PBR use in their SCEL v2 shows beautifully how the aprons appear more red in dusk, which I think is a stellar use of PBR textures. I'm hoping to see more of that!

This update has been in the works for some time now. Its an update, not a new product. I think getting any PBR at all is a bonus to be honest.

For 10 bucks (update), it's great.  Love it and happy with it.  Glad I bought it the first time.

Stan