Sign in to follow this  
racer0796

UT2 BRIDGE !

Anyone found when trying to install the above, that the programme doesn't recognise or find your Voxatc version ?

Everytime I try to install this UT2 bridge a box comes up saying   'Cant find the voxatc installation

Thanks Chris

There is no version of UT2Bridge that is designed to work with VOXATC 7. The amount of work needed to match all the sim-specific versions of VOXATC 7 to both the UT2 and UTL databases appears to be a permanent stumbling block. 

Other users of VOXATC 7 have tried to make the bridge utility work so maybe someone else will chime in. The better solution is to use AI traffic based on standard BGL files.

Okay thanks for that, and didn't realise !   

i was wondering how to generate traffic in the US  ,as occasionally  i like a change from UK and ..just flight traffic 360 ,and traffic 2005 are not especially good at this !    i have blue sky california installed, and never seem to see or hear other aircraft , and am flying in empty skys other than SFO,  LAX etc .   

Also , which brings me back to my original post ,  I understand that in the vox atc US  world, unlike UK, you are always required to open a flight plan , and then things go wrong ......Utopia radio problem !!     Another frequency to be changed ,in theory !!       Cheers

The best AI options (in order) are freeware AIG schedules, Just Flight Traffic Global and My Traffic 6. The Alpha India Group (AIG) schedules are freeware and their installation is automated for P3d4. They can be used in FSX but the manual installation process is quite tedious. TG is the best middle ground between quality and ease of use. My T 6 has older schedules and simpler AI aircraft models.

I don't know how VOXATC works with FSX, but with P3d4 if one doesn't open a flightplan, one will get ATC instructions for a local VFR flight.

Yes, it's the same in FSX....No flight plan , only circuits or local !  

Does Traffic Global have GA traffic too , in the United States , do you know , and better on route traffic generation ..Hearing others on the radio ?     This seems to be a GLOBAL prob with VOX , that other than dep and arrival airports , you hear nothing !!       Cheers

4 hours ago, racer0796 said:

This seems to be a GLOBAL prob with VOX , that other than dep and arrival airports , you hear nothing !! 

You should be encountering AI aircraft enroute, but the frequency of encounters is dependent on how realistic the AI schedules are. It also depends on the AI traffic activity % that one selects in the VOXATC settings. Keep in mind that over much of the globe, there are very few aircraft within a reasonable distance of each other. Congested conditions only occur around major international airports.

There's a trick to enhancing enroute AI traffic. While enroute but near a towered airport, switch temporarily to that tower's frequency and contact the tower. Then tell ATC to disregard and switch back to the correct frequency. VOXATC will then populate that airport with ground-based traffic.

4 hours ago, racer0796 said:

Does Traffic Global have GA traffic too , in the United States , do you know , and better on route traffic generation ..Hearing others on the radio ?  

No it doesn't have GA traffic. My Traffic 6 has GA traffic. One can also create your own with AI Flight Planner. Download HTAI GA models/liveries and make your own traffic files with AIFP.  I have no idea why you don't hear AI comms enroute. This has not been a problem reported by users of VOXATC 7.